The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 24: October 2018 - January 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The dress is fine. Is it my monitor or are the bag/shoes olive? If so, I am not a fan. If they are just photographing not brown, then Wills wore bathing brown suede shoes, I think.

And, no engagement ring? Just the wedding band? If so, I am on record as saying this is just fine. JMO, of course, but a woman should not have to wear a heavy sapphire every time she appears in public.

Oh I quite like that dress...the last time she went to a hospital (maybe this one) she did not wear her rings...it was said at the time this was due to infection etc.

LaRae

The dress is fine. Is it my monitor or are the bag/shoes olive? If so, I am not a fan. If they are just photographing not brown, then Wills wore bathing brown suede shoes, I think.

And, no engagement ring? Just the wedding band? If so, I am on record as saying this is just fine. JMO, of course, but a woman should not have to wear a heavy sapphire every time she appears in public.

I like the dress, (although it seems very high waisted-empire?) I always like L.K. Bennett on Kate.
The purse and shoes appear to be the same olive ones she wore in Cyprus. Maybe in person they look better with the dress, they clash in photographs. IMO, the greens do not compliment each other.

I think I see her enagagement ring, it seems turned on her finger.
ETA: I’ve seen other photos now, the Duchess is wearing her engagement ring.

Last edited:
I think the dress, although appropriate, is just blah.
But I do like to see Kate wearing clothing from the High Street.

That dress is one I'd love to have for myself. Its one of those daytime dresses that would appropriate to wear just about anywhere.

It's a pretty dress, and the contrasting shoes and clutch don't bother me--it all kind of blends. It's nothing special, but it's appropriate for the engagement, which sometimes is a good thing in and of itself. The focus stays on the patronage rather than what the Duchess wore, so a win all around.

I like the dress, (although it seems very high waisted-empire?) I always like L.K. Bennett on Kate.
The purse and shoes appear to be the same olive ones she wore in Cyprus. Maybe in person they look better with the dress, they clash in photographs. IMO, the greens do not compliment each other.

I think I see her enagagement ring, it seems turned on her finger.
ETA: I’ve seen other photos now, the Duchess is wearing her engagement ring.[/QUOT. you can see her engagement ring on the pictures where she's holding the flowers. I am not surprised that her ring is very loose right now that she has slim down so much lately

The color is nice. A pretty dress. I'm not much a fan of the mismatched shades of green. Olive green and bottle green don't really coordinate well.

The Duchess of Cambridge at Evelina London Children's Hospital today, December 11, wearing a L.K. Bennett dress:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **

Nope. That dress is ugly. It makes Catherine look shapeless. The accessories do not match. Utter miss for me. And as for William - that man needs a stylist.

But she looks so happy and relaxed. It's nice to see William and Catherine together.

I think Catherine's dress is pretty and it looks good on her. I like the vintage, slightly 1940s vibes (this is 1940s done in a good way with a modern twist - not in a genuine frumpy way as she has done before).

I love the green dress. Very elegant and beautiful.

Catherine looks like a lady......not someone trying to over do it. I love the dress in any color. Perfect for this event and a working outfit for today and the future.

I like the colour & shape but IMO the style around the neck is too old for her. My mother would wear that dress & she's 88.

A nice casual look with jeans for the Duchess of Cambridge on this year's Christmas card:

** Photo **

This is Kate on a ordinary day surrounded by her family. She rocks the casual look in jeans and this outfit serves to remind us that she has ordinary days with her family just as the rest of the world does. :D

Kate's outfit looks great in this picture.

Catherine rocks casual wear and the Christmas card isn't an exception.

Its was being speculated on Twitter that for the family Christmas lunch at BP today, the Duchess of Cambridge wore the peach Stella McCartney dress she had worn in 2011 at the dinner at the Waterside Inn in Bray for the Duke of Edinburgh's 90th birthday.

Catherine should wear pink more often. She looks lovely.

I like that she's been wearing more pink every once in a while, since I think those warm shades of pink really suit her. I 'll have to go look for a photo of the actual dress, can't say I remember it offhand.

Eww. I need some sunglasses.

I like the color, but that is a lot of shine. Not a fan.

Thanks, Pranter. There is a photo of her wearing it in the link you posted.

AH..I Cannot get anything to load below the top pic...I missed it!

LaRae

Something different from the Duchees!! I like it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom