The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 24: October 2018 - January 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do they travel with the Stylist people for the Christmas Chur ch outing, they look so perfect from hair to make up, that it is difficult to believe they do it themselves . Anyone knows anything about this here ?

i doubt they travel with hair stylists as this is a private holiday, but it is likely that someone comes early that morning to do their hair. potentially, they may come to do their make up too but i believe kate does her own make up - perhaps meghan too. as for clothing stylists, it is obviously not practical for them to travel and less likely in this case as it is a private holiday. any outfits can be pre-selected for them before they leave london rather than have someone on duty on the day for something that can be done beforehand. it is very much like the support they provide when they are in london - they probably have meetings frequently to get new clothing and talk things through but they are not on premises / working at all times as it is not a 9 to 5 kind of job.

Catherine looked gorgeous at Christmas and this is probably my favourite of her Sandringham outfits.

i doubt they travel with hair stylists as this is a private holiday, but it is likely that someone comes early that morning to do their hair. potentially, they may come to do their make up too but i believe kate does her own make up - perhaps meghan too. as for clothing stylists, it is obviously not practical for them to travel and less likely in this case as it is a private holiday. any outfits can be pre-selected for them before they leave london rather than have someone on duty on the day for something that can be done beforehand. it is very much like the support they provide when they are in london - they probably have meetings frequently to get new clothing and talk things through but they are not on premises / working at all times as it is not a 9 to 5 kind of job.
Thank you for your input, Yes their hair looks done by a hairdresser, but like you say may be they do their own make up, they look very perfect , like out of a catalogue !:flowers:

Looking at Kate's hair, I think she can easily do that style herself. She probably got a good deep conditioning before she left for Norfolk and kept her hair up until Christmas.

I also believe Kate (and Meghan) mostly do their own make up, saving make up artists for tours or big events in the UK.

I’ve just been recapping on some of Kate’s appearances since her return to public duties. One thing I noticed is that she appears to have lost the annoying habit of holding a bag in front of her tummy . Whether this has been a deliberate correction or a woman who is less self conscious in her role, it certainly improves the way she is photographed.

^ I have noticed that too, as well as a better posture [less 'stooped' and round shouldered] ?
All this is most welcome...

I wonder if its due to a confidence boost now she is more secure in her role and is no longer the newest member of the royal family? I know in my job nothing makes you feel more confiendent at what you do then when someone new starts and you realise how far you have come yourself

I read she is doing yoga...I'm not sure if this is a new thing or not but perhaps that is why, I understand it can help with things like that...so can ballet and other dance.

LaRae

Considering she's learning from the HM, who absolutely has her loves down, I don't begrudge Kate for buying things she likes in different colors. I do it too, just at the $20 level instead of $200 or more, lol.

I absolutely agree with you. We all try to purchase styles that flatter, fit and compliment out shape [or should]. We can get away with just a few because no one really cares what we look like except small circle of family and friends. Kate must dress for the world as she is photographed the minute she steps out the door so many different outfits are a must. That she has found her knitch and looks professional is to her credit. What she wears on own time with children or friends could be altogether different. She has a lovely slim shape and nice small waist so that certainly should be a designer's dream to clothe. So far, in her short time of being in royal family, I personally believe she has rated high points in her choices. Mary of Denmark is another. To be honest, it must he a royal pain in the butt to have to worry about other's opinions all the time. I sincerely hope she doesn't and just enjoys what she likes and looks great wearing.

Last edited:
Been away in Mexico so just catching up.

The one redeeming quality of this is the color. It's beautiful. :flowers:

This look:ermm: I don't get why she didn't just wear the identical one in green. Green is just as festive. Such a borrowing old lady look.

I don't like her obsession with coat dresses but these ones are bottom. The collar and cuffs ruin the look. In green, the different materiel is not bad. This reminds me of the velvet dresses we wire to Christmas concerts when I was six.

Not a fan of pill boxes, few women other then Mathilde can pull them off and not look aged, but would take it over this headband.

At least her hair is nice. ?

:previous: Agree to disagree. :flowers: I find this classic rather than childish. Lots of things worn as a child make their way into current fashion. And lots of things not to my taste reappear over and over, usually once a decade in fashion trends. And lastly, just because children's coats were made of cloth and velvet does not mean the look was not appropriated from and adult look. It's a chicken/egg thing. And we are both right, because it is all just opinion.

A chum of mine from Norfolk was at Sandringham on Christmas Morning and sent me this..

Attachments

• catherine.jpg
    catherine.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 126
A very nice look for Christmas this year and I agree that Catherine seems more confident somehow in recent months. I think part of it is really just that she’s standing up straighter.. a good reminder for me to keep my head up and shoulders back!

Love the coat since she wore it in Norway last year, nice shade of blue.

But aah that headband, just remind me these workout headband:bang: . Wish it's narrower.

Love the coat, but how do some keep from getting make-up on those high-necked collars?

I know I couldn't do it!

Last edited:
What a wonderful coat with all those lovely panels. It really looks as though the coat wasn’t taken in since she wore it seven months pregnant.

The Duchess of Cambridge attended the Sunday church service in Sandringham today, January 6, wearing her blue Catherine Walker coat:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** February 2018 ** February 2018 - 2 **
It's a beautiful shade of blue. Glad to see that she's wearing the coat again. There is a glimpse of a polka dot dress down at the hem. I wonder if it's the one worn for the summer photos for Charles' 70th birthday?

What a wonderful coat with all those lovely panels. It really looks as though the coat wasn’t taken in since she wore it seven months pregnant.

Articles are suggesting it is the same dress.

The coat is lovely. And I like her hair down in this style :flowers:

But I hate these headbands. Not as bad as the Tudor ones but still.

And me - I love these tiara style headbands.

I really don't like the headband. I don't think it looks good on her.

Wonderful colour of blue on the Duchess ,the coat and headband are lovely too,perfect look for church.

I loathe these headbands more than I do fascinators- never thought I would find any headwear that I disliked more. Coat is a lovely shade. Hope she doesn’t let her hair get too long again.

I loathe these headbands more than I do fascinators- never thought I would find any headwear that I disliked more. Coat is a lovely shade. Hope she doesn’t let her hair get too long again.

You said exactly what I was thinking. :flowers:

I love the cut and colour of her coat but the headband is sort of weird. To me, headbands are an age thing and Catherine is way past it.

I rather like this headband, just not with her hair down like this...it gives her head a weird shape.

But I do love this coat. Very 60s but it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom