The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 23: September 2017 - October 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's disgusting (and I have not looked) if they are posting that pic of Louise...she's only 14!

LaRae

It's disgusting (and I have not looked) if they are posting that pic of Louise...she's only 14!

LaRae

Oh, I hope they are not, that would be vile. No, I saw it on the coverage on TLC, and thankfully even then none of the commenters drew attention to it. I felt for her so much, poor thing.

LaRae

I haven't looked either. But Louise should take comfort that it happens to every royal lady. St. George's, wind and weddings are bad luck that way. I remember at the Wessex wedding, the Queen had quite the fight with the wind herself.

Some media have posted it from what I understanding (again haven't looked just seen discussion on Twitter) ...it should of been deleted off whatever pics/video that was taken IMO.

LaRae

I haven't looked either. But Louise should take comfort that it happens to every royal lady. St. George's, wind and weddings are bad luck that way. I remember at the Wessex wedding, the Queen had quite the fight with the wind herself.

It's a rough age..and to have gazillion folks see something like that would rattle the confidence of many girls. She wasn't seen again after the services but perhaps that was already in the planning anyway.

LaRae

Kate looked absolutely stunning and I have not been able to honestly say that about her in a while.

That jewel tone outfit was perfect for a Fall wedding.

I didn't think she looked 'stunning'. I did LOVE her fascinator. I like the color of the dress but I not a fan of that tucked neckline or the length of her skirt. She looks out of balance/proportion when her skirts come up above the knee. I also thought the earrings didn't quite work...they look so much better with evening wear.

Just didn't come together for me.

LaRae

The Duchess never disapoint Imo,today is no exeption she looks wonderful in that fushia dress the fascinator looks lovely too

One of the best dresses she ever wore… splendid !

The only thing memorable about this look was the color. Beautiful and great for fall.

But no worries she will steal thunder, the dress was drab and boring. And the eighties shoulder pad feel dates the look. And not in a good retro vibe but in I forgot to bring a dress and I borriwed from my mothers closet from thirty years ago.

Lovely color! But hated the style, as I did at Trooping.

The Marilyn moment has arrived so many times to Kate since she is duchess of Cambridge that I just believe she does not care

I take it you failed to notice that lots of ladies were struggling with flying skirts and hats!

I take it you failed to notice that lots of ladies were struggling with flying skirts and hats!
Almost every one. Except the Queen who doled this issue decades ago. Kate is not more faulty than the other ladies. She is just more observed

Wha happened to Louise?
The wind blew the back of her dress right up to the waist. She was holding a pageboy and a flowergirl and that gust was fierce.

The nice thing is that the seem to be playing by the children's rules and I have heard no media mention or replay.

Here's hoping it stayed that way.

The wind blew the back of her dress right up to the waist. She was holding a pageboy and a flowergirl and that gust was fierce.

The nice thing is that the seem to be playing by the children's rules and I have heard no media mention or replay.

Ô God. Bad moment indeed. I hope press didn't publish

Let's hope so!

I really thought poor little Louise could have used a bit of help! Where was MoH Beatrice?
Instead, Louise had to struggle up all those steps with half a dozen children in what looked like gale-force wind!

Let's hope so!

I really thought poor little Louise could have used a bit of help! Where was MoH Beatrice?
Instead, Louise had to struggle up all those steps with half a dozen children in what looked like gale-force wind!

Of course, blame Beatrice even though helping with the bridesmaids and pages was clearly not the role Eugenie assigned to her.
Louise was fine with the children-she will be 15 in less than a month. The wind was just a complication.

Ô God. Bad moment indeed. I hope press didn't publish

It is included in a video that is easily available (I won't link it as I'm sure Louise would rather see that video removed).

Let's hope so!

Louise had lots of help; and there was no reason (for Eugenie and Jack when assigning roles) to expect the children to struggle that much.. Moreover, they could have put James in the other car instead of having him walk Sarah and Beatrice behind some clergy member who actually walked all of them down.

Yes unfortunately some press have published. Disgusting of them.

LaRae

LaRae
Damn! The kids are supposed to be hands off until they leave High School, or in William's case, university. No wonder poor Louise wasn't highly visible when the wedding party left the church and Beatrice didn't come down to help her sister bale her train into the carriage.

The last thing she needs is the same thing happening to her as well. Now that they would have shown on a rotating loop!

Actually, I wondered why the man on the steps didn't help the child beside him stay upright. It was almost like he was afraid to help him. PC victim perhaps?

I hear you, but just want to point out that the Duchess of Gloucester wore bright red.
The DoG is Not one of the fab four who were discreet enough to drive down instead of walk, especially the newest bridal pair.

LaRae

Sadly there were also some very unkind and rather disturbing comments about Louise's moment on Twitter too. I tried to avoid the hashtag at that point. I hope Louise isn't on social media in order to see them but at her age it's quite hard to not be aware of things that happen on the net :sad:

The DoG is Not one of the fab four who were discreet enough to drive down instead of walk, especially the newest bridal pair.

So you don't care what anyone wears except the Cambridges and the Sussexes? Those 4 should have a matching uniform but everyone else can show some variety (which they did)? So Catherine can only wear black, grey, white, or blue to match William and Harry's suits? I think if the wore she white or black yesterday other people besides yourself would of been critical. So that only leaves her with blue or grey. So even if she wore dark green like Pippa she would of been behaving unkindly?

Yes, it's really disturbing and sad to see people share that photo of Louise.

I'm not understanding what you mean by "familial kindness". As you can see from this photo, there were a variety of colors worn by members of the BRF.

https://media.gettyimages.com/photo...urgh-with-members-of-the-picture-id1051960388

And no doubt the priest (Dean?) should have worn a cope that didn't have red in it so as not to distract from the bride?

There was a variety of colors on display among members of the family, as well as among the guests.

Yes, it's really disturbing and sad to see people share that photo of Louise.

I'm not understanding what you mean by "familial kindness". As you can see from this photo, there were a variety of colors worn by members of the BRF.

https://media.gettyimages.com/photo...urgh-with-members-of-the-picture-id1051960388

Just saw a photo of Zenouska Mowatt (granddaughter of Princess Alexandra) who was splendid in a strawberry red yesterday. Another favorite of mine was Lady Gabriella in the lovely bright turquoise with a navy hat. ?
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bo1nbQoHyGf/?taken-by=zenouska1

I think I have been explicit in my personal 'one', repeat 'one', reservation on Catherine's ensemble. To imply otherwise is mischief-making as it is obvious that both of you are intelligent and educated and able to grasp the original meaning of what was written.

If you mean to change my mind as to my opinion on this you are simply wasting your time, moreover, I am having trouble understanding why you are doing so as we are all entitled to our own opinion are we not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom