The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2018, 07:13 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
The DoG is Not one of the fab four who were discreet enough to drive down instead of walk, especially the newest bridal pair.
So you don't care what anyone wears except the Cambridges and the Sussexes? Those 4 should have a matching uniform but everyone else can show some variety (which they did)? So Catherine can only wear black, grey, white, or blue to match William and Harry's suits? I think if the wore she white or black yesterday other people besides yourself would of been critical. So that only leaves her with blue or grey. So even if she wore dark green like Pippa she would of been behaving unkindly?

Old 10-13-2018, 07:25 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
Yes, it's really disturbing and sad to see people share that photo of Louise.

I'm not understanding what you mean by "familial kindness". As you can see from this photo, there were a variety of colors worn by members of the BRF.

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos...e-id1051960388
And no doubt the priest (Dean?) should have worn a cope that didn't have red in it so as not to distract from the bride?

There was a variety of colors on display among members of the family, as well as among the guests.

Old 10-13-2018, 07:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
Yes, it's really disturbing and sad to see people share that photo of Louise.

I'm not understanding what you mean by "familial kindness". As you can see from this photo, there were a variety of colors worn by members of the BRF.

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos...e-id1051960388

Just saw a photo of Zenouska Mowatt (granddaughter of Princess Alexandra) who was splendid in a strawberry red yesterday. Another favorite of mine was Lady Gabriella in the lovely bright turquoise with a navy hat.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bo1nbQoH...n-by=zenouska1
Old 10-13-2018, 07:44 PM
Majesty

I think I have been explicit in my personal 'one', repeat 'one', reservation on Catherine's ensemble. To imply otherwise is mischief-making as it is obvious that both of you are intelligent and educated and able to grasp the original meaning of what was written.

If you mean to change my mind as to my opinion on this you are simply wasting your time, moreover, I am having trouble understanding why you are doing so as we are all entitled to our own opinion are we not.
Old 10-13-2018, 07:51 PM
Majesty

I guess people don’t understand how you can have a reservation about Catherine’s dress and not anyone else’s.

There was no universal colour scheme. Some royals wore red, some wore blue and some wore green.

Not to mention some of the more ott outfits worn by the guests. Not every day do you see Cara Delevingne in a top hat for a royal wedding.
Old 10-13-2018, 07:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Isn’t it rather non-U to have guests dress to a theme or color scheme?

Abraham Lincoln
Old 10-13-2018, 08:03 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
I guess people don’t understand how you can have a reservation about Catherine’s dress and not anyone else’s.

There was no universal colour scheme. Some royals wore red, some wore blue and some wore green.

Not to mention some of the more ott outfits worn by the guests. Not every day do you see Cara Delevingne in a top hat for a royal wedding.
I kind of wish Catherine wore the same outfit that Eugenie wore to the Cambridge wedding. There would of been a multitude of complaints. Seven years later and I still wonder what Vivienne Westwood, Philip Treacy and Eugenie were thinking there.
Old 10-13-2018, 08:59 PM
Royal Highness

Catherine was simply stunning. Love colour! Hat!!!
Old 10-13-2018, 10:35 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I think I have been explicit in my personal 'one', repeat 'one', reservation on Catherine's ensemble. To imply otherwise is mischief-making as it is obvious that both of you are intelligent and educated and able to grasp the original meaning of what was written.

If you mean to change my mind as to my opinion on this you are simply wasting your time, moreover, I am having trouble understanding why you are doing so as we are all entitled to our own opinion are we not.
Nope, not mischief-making. I just truly don't understand the point you were trying to make when you talk about familial kindness and Kate's outfit.
Old 10-14-2018, 01:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira View Post
Lovely color! But hated the style, as I did at Trooping.
I agree, the color was gorgeous for the season and looked good on the Duchess. Not my favorite dress design but better in this color.
Old 10-14-2018, 02:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

The colour was stunning and she looked so happy as did William
Old 10-15-2018, 05:09 AM
Administrator

Time to close this thread. The new one can be found here.