The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 23: September 2017 - October 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She looks great, and I love that colour on her. However, another day, another D&G Italian outfit, and no "outrage" over non British label.

No outrage because Catherines been in the job 7 years and has worn a fair amount of British and Commonwealth brands to the appropriate events. Meghan however has been in the job 2 months, and has chosen IMO to wear the wrong designers to the wrong events.

Love the yellow on Catherine, really stylish design and perfect for Wimbledon.

No outrage because Catherines been in the job 7 years and has worn a fair amount of British and Commonwealth brands to the appropriate events. Meghan however has been in the job 2 months, and has chosen IMO to wear the wrong designers to the wrong events.

Love the yellow on Catherine, really stylish design and perfect for Wimbledon.

Then again, I will say it: the height of hypocrisy.

I agree. :flowers: Kate looks radiant in the yellow dress. She is looking so relaxed these days. She really wanted that 3rd baby and with his birth she's a complete woman. ;)

And fourth to be fair, Kate's taken some hits over the years when she didn't wear UK labels to events. Much like the M Club (Mary, Mathilde, Mette Marit, ) and Letizia have had to contend with as well when they wear something other than domestic labels.

The "tabloid outrage" regarding her wardrobe will die down for Meghan as well in the coming months.? Summer silly season is aptly named IMO.

Great summer yellow dress for Kate today at the Men's Single Finals.

I think I have my answer to my standing question: one can find the answer by observing the tabloid headlines across the years, methinks. It's the tabloids who have 'trained' the public to cast a jaundiced eye on the labels the royal ladies are wearing. It becomes a very easy way to diss a royal lady by making the claim she's not supporting British industry.

I get it. :cool:

The hypocrisy is real, but let's leave Meghan out of this thread.
Both of Kate's dresses looked great.

I agree. :flowers: Kate looks radiant in the yellow dress. She is looking so relaxed these days. She really wanted that 3rd baby and with his birth she's a complete woman. ;)

I think I have my answer to my standing question: one can find the answer by observing the tabloid headlines across the years, methinks. It's the tabloids who have 'trained' the public to cast a jaundiced eye on the labels the royal ladies are wearing. It becomes a very easy way to diss a royal lady by making the claim she's not supporting British industry.

I get it. :cool:

You know Lady Nimue, you are completely right that the media has *trained* and *manipulated* the entire world in what *they the media* wants us to believe and get angry about. They the media has done this about everything and on everything they want to change......

I think Catherine has finally come into her own space and grown into a beautiful woman who is completely comfortable in who she is. I love, just love this dress on her, and she should get this made in many different colors and patterns for it fits her to a T....she is positively glowing today...:flowers:

You know Lady Nimue, you are completely right that the media has *trained* and *manipulated* the entire world in what *they the media* wants us to believe and get angry about. They the media has done this about everything and on everything they want to change.

Methinks your views are a bit too sweeping. :cool: Certainly there are some media (like tabloids, which was what I was referring to) that peddle certain (spoiled) fish, but on the whole media (when not government or big business owned) do an excellent job of keeping the populace informed. Many journalists go to jail and some risk their lives to get the truth out. Distrusting all media is just as distorted as trusting all media. Discernment is key, I would say.

So saying, I now think that all this chaos about the nationality of fashion labels (which strikes me as odd) is fomented by tabloids whose aim is always to create controversy, especially when the mere existence of the royals can be politically controversial. It's an easy way to go after them. JMO.

Last edited:
If people are looking for something to do, go back and look through old fashion threads. Kate was criticised for wearing to much British, too much high street. Too many repeat outfits.

People were begging her to expand her wardrobe. Kate has shown over the years she champions British fashion so she’s ‘earned’ the right in my eyes to branch out in brands.

Jenny Packham yesterday and D&G today. No one complains.

Love the tennis ball yellow dress. Catherine must be the only woman in the world for whom having 3 kids made her figure better, she looks amazing!!!

If people are looking for something to do, go back and look through old fashion threads. Kate was criticised for wearing to much British, too much high street. Too many repeat outfits.

People were begging her to expand her wardrobe. Kate has shown over the years she champions British fashion so she’s ‘earned’ the right in my eyes to branch out in brands.

Jenny Packham yesterday and D&G today. No one complains.

Kate was young and inexperienced in fashion and it showed. She thought she had to be a walking billboard for only british labels. Her choice in mainly high known, and very specific designers, reflected that. It took her years to see one can actually blend designers, styles and brands. Though she still tends to cling to the same.

Meghan shows a maturity. She understands you can mix and match pieces, and designers. You can blend different designers and styles together.

Not to mention an understanding that just because it is a foreign design house doesn't mean she isn't supporting British talent. A British designer who has made it big in the international market, is just as key to the industry as is a home grown label.

At least Givenchy is led by a British designer.

The Duchess looked amazing great yellow dress today at Wimbledon today.

Such a beautiful and sunny colour on Catherine! It's really refreshing to see such a different colour on her as she doesn't wear much yellow.

Please stay on topic of this thread. Further posts and comments about the Duchess of Sussex will be deleted without notice!

The dress looks great on her, but in the light of some serious problematic comments made by both designers that head D&G, I do not think wearing that brand is appropriate.

She looks great, and I love that colour on her. However, another day, another D&G Italian outfit, and no "outrage" over non British label.

First....She looks absolutely gorgeous!!!
Second...To be fair...Kate does get the negative articles about the costs of her clothes too!
Third....of course the same hypocritical posters attacking Meghan for wearing foreign labels are not going to criticise Kate for doing the exact same thing!

Then again, I will say it: the height of hypocrisy.

I will not make reference to Meghan as the Mods have specifically mentioned so above.

As regards the yellow dress worn by the DoC, here are my reactions:

1) Love the dress, but that may be because yellow is my favourite colour

2) Many a time I have been critical of Kate for not recycling her clothes enough. That comment remains. It is possible that a lot of her more fitted clothes still don't quite fit, so there is probably a little leeway, but not for too long.

3) As to why D&G and not a British label: I think in her 7 years as a member of BRF, I think Kate has demonstrated that she largely wears clothes by British fashion houses. In that context, a relatively small proportion of clothes by foreign designers is ok, IMO. This is very much the standard I would like to hold others ladies of the BRF.

That said, I was critical of wearing D&G for an engagement during the Chinese state visit, and during their last trip to Canada. I thought foreign labels were inappropriate in both circumstances.

I love the yellow dress. Very elegant and a beautiful color. One of her best dresses.

Love the yellow dress! Perfect for a nice summer day. She looks great.

Wouldn't it be cool if one day Kate and her sister-in-law show up in their yellow dresses together? :flowers: Fun!

Wouldn't it be cool if one day Kate and her sister-in-law show up in their yellow dresses together? :flowers: Fun!

No. They are both out of high school.

Anyways, I do like this much better than the Jenny Packham yesterday. That reminded me of something my mother wore when she was in her 30s.

Kate absolutely nailed it this weekend. Both looks were beautiful, perfect for Wimbledon, looked fabulous on her...definitely a great weekend in the style stakes for the Duchess of Cambridge. My only complaint is the nude shoes and bag with her outfit on Saturday. I would have much preferred black. For one, I really think black would have gone better with the dress but for two, I'm just tired of the nude shoes/bags trend. The dress was terrific. For day two, I still haven't seen the shoes so I really can't comment on them but the dress was perfect. Beautiful and summery and a great fit. I know the Duchess is in terrific shape but that's difficult for most people at only 12 weeks postpartum on baby number three. She looks great in yellow and on both occasions her hair looked great, too.

Dress like the Duchess! Boden made a copycat of the tweed Gucci dress Kate wore last year.
www. bodenusa. com/en-us/womens-dresses/smart-day/w0221-nvy/womens-navy-and-ivory-puppytooth-adelaide-tweed-dress

Really not a fan of this coat from what I have seen. Very dated to me.

The upper part reminds me the pale blue outfit she wore in the Netherlands (the collar and the buttons, anyway she has a couple of coat with similar style). It looks too old for her, it may look better without the black merrow border.

I agree that, from what we can see, Catherine's coat does seem quite old fashioned. She looks like an old Edwardian schoolteacher.

Only the upper part but Duchess of Cambridge looking very elegant as attends the church today in Balmoral.
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/...00000578-6099677-image-a-23_1535286243367.jpg

Love Kate's coat, or is it a suit? :flowers: Not sure about the make-up but that may be a photographic effect. Hat is interesting. It's a put-together look emblematic of her style all 'round (imo). Great earrings!

P.S. Not sure what's so 'old' or 'aging' about the ensemble. We all see so differently!

Last edited:
I like this look ...I like vintage styles on Kate.

LaRae

i like what i see i think she looks refined and very elegant for the occasion
love the hat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom