The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 22: May 2017 - August 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a good look. The dress, with its high waist and short skirt just looks like it's too small for her. And the poofy hair looks weird, high on top and flat in the back. Not a good look.
I don't like this ensemble. I like the idea of the dress, but it looks sort of juvenile in this instance. I also would have liked different hair .... I think. It's just that something's off. The whole outfit is a miss.
I have never liked Catherine's penchant for short waists and this is the shortest and most delineated waist she has sported yet, it is also too short, but that is not what bothers me and Leopoldine nailed it . . . it's juvenile and the entire dress looks like a child's size. She got the hair right, bless her heart, it looks like she's hiding a small cat up there in that bumpit and, horror of horror if this is Catherine's fashion choice we are going to see more of the same with even larger bumpits.

All in all, it doesn't scream Spring or Summer but rather Winter and where are your plastic earrings and vinyl, knee-high, zip up boots?

I'm adding this outfit to my all time favourites list. Catherine's been on hot streak. Can't remember the last time she didn't nail it.

I have never liked Catherine's penchant for short waists and this is the shortest and most delineated waist she has sported yet, it is also too short, but that is not what bothers me and Leopoldine nailed it . . . it's juvenile and the entire dress looks like a child's size. She got the hair right, bless her heart, it looks like she's hiding a small cat up there in that bumpit and, horror of horror if this is Catherine's fashion choice we are going to see more of the same with even larger bumpits.

All in all, it doesn't scream Spring or Summer but rather Winter and where are your plastic earrings and vinyl, knee-high, zip up boots?

I suspect that she has some of her outfits altered to disguise her relatively long waist & short legs. To my eyes, it can throw off the lines and fit of the garment.

Sadly Rudolph I am opposite, can't remember when she did. She certainly has some lovely looks. But nothing that memorable. Or stunning head to toe.

Take this one. I love the style and the print. It's retro but for once not Jackie o. great color. I hope she takes risks, well for her, like this again :flowers:

But the pockets on her chest are unfortunate. And while the skirt is not inappropriately short, for this style it is. It makes the proportions off. Another inch or so would be fantastic,

And the bumpit :lol:

Bumpits.......what term in that? I have never heard that before in my life, where did that come from? It does not look like it was teased into a rat's nest like decades ago......it has a small puff on top, so much better then the flat hair I usually see on her, flat and flying all over the place.

This was something different and the back was gorgeous, nicely done. I see girls today with a little tease on their hair on top, what decade was it that they had these things called Behives on top that you could not run a comb through let alone a brush. This is cute on her and just different now.

Love the style of the dress but would have preferred it to be just 1-2cm longer. Not sure if the shoes are the best match but I am jealous of how great her legs are looking in this outfit.

I agree with this. If you try something else it better be right and this is not. It looks child size/too short, the proportions are wrong. I like hair and shoes.

Disappointing choice of outfit for Catherine. I agree with some posters who said this dress looks like a child size dress. I dont mind Catherine in short dresses but this style doesn't work being that short. The colors are too boring for the season. The pumps are bulky. I like the hair.

Great outfit really suits her

Love the style of the dress but would have preferred it to be just 1-2cm longer. Not sure if the shoes are the best match but I am jealous of how great her legs are looking in this outfit.

I prefer short skirts to the mid-length she's been wearing lately.
They look so ...yes, here's that word again...matronly! :lol:

I prefer short dresses too. Show them legs sis, she has enough of those basic, boring coat dresses she generally always wears.

I just have one point: why does she need so many new clothes? Why can't the existing clothes be used a lot more than they are?

I understand the need to dress appropriately, or in certain cases to dress symbolically, but yesterday's engagement did not fall into that category.

I suspect that she has some of her outfits altered to disguise her relatively long waist & short legs. To my eyes, it can throw off the lines and fit of the garment.

Kate has short legs??

I just have one point: why does she need so many new clothes? Why can't the existing clothes be used a lot more than they are?

I understand the need to dress appropriately, or in certain cases to dress symbolically, but yesterday's engagement did not fall into that category.

I've been wondering that too.
It seems like she used to repeat wearings much more often than she does lately.

And really, many of her new clothes are very similar to what she already owns.

Amazing how everything Kate wears that is the slightest above the knee is girlish and too short and everything the slightest below the knee is matronly and frumpy. :p

Very cute dress. Very glad the shoes and clutch don't match. Maybe Kate is finally moving up to level 2 of accessorizing

I've been wondering that too.
It seems like she used to repeat wearings much more often than she does lately.

And really, many of her new clothes are very similar to what she already owns.
I kind of agree. She has two of the same Preen dresses but in different colors and that is just beyond unnecessary.

Kate has short legs??

Relative to her height, yes, I think she does. It is more noticeable when she wears pants since she cannot have the waistline raised to create the illusion of a higher waist.

E for effort, I like the general style. Pattern too busy for me, and a bit short for talking to children. :)
Save

Amazing how everything Kate wears that is the slightest above the knee is girlish and too short and everything the slightest below the knee is matronly and frumpy. :p

It's called criticism for the sake of criticism ;)

I kind of agree. She has two of the same Preen dresses but in different colors and that is just beyond unnecessary.

I dont have an issue with her having the same dress in different colours, that is her choice. For me the sheer volume of new clothing that she seems to acquire in a year seems quite unnecessary and wasteful.

I dont have an issue with her having the same dress in different colours, that is her choice. For me the sheer volume of new clothing that she seems to acquire in a year seems quite unnecessary and wasteful.

Many of the dresses/outfits are seen but once, then never again. I've often wondered if shops and designers lend Catherine clothing? The Yorks possibly have the same situation, since many of their clothes are seen but once.

Many of the dresses/outfits are seen but once, then never again. I've often wondered if shops and designers lend Catherine clothing? The Yorks possibly have the same situation, since many of their clothes are seen but once.
I highly doubt that is the case with Kate. And sure, some stuff is only seen once. So far that is. She pulls out stuff that has not been seen for 5-10 years at times. I would not write off stuff as "one offs" just yet :p

Really it's none of anyone's business how many outfits she has ...she's hardly the first woman to have lots of clothes in her closet or buy/wear new clothes often. I know folks in my circle who do this ..have closets full of clothing, more than they can wear, until I have to pay for it it's nothing for me to comment on.

LaRae

kate's closet isn't any different to the closets of other crown princesses or other senior female royals. some of them reuse their clothes, just like kate does, maybe once or twice on average but i would say most royals acquire clothes at the same rate kate does, or even more often. furthermore, kate seems to favour high street brands more so than other royals, who exclusively dress in higher end designers for the most part. i don't think it is wasteful, i guess they are all very conscious of their public image and need to look the part.

i don't think high ranking royals get given clothes to borrow. i believe the BRF, as other royal houses, have strict guidelines as to what they receive as gifts and they will donate / return any 'gifts' that break these rules or are non-requested. borrowing clothes would be seen as highly controversial, on one side as an abuse of their power in dedication of 'business favours', and on the other as it would look like they are 'bought out' by brands and seen as official ambassadors in the same fashion that celebrities are. except that royals are not celebrities but diplomats, and their role is not to promote brands, but to work for their country as a whole.

Really it's none of anyone's business how many outfits she has ...she's hardly the first woman to have lots of clothes in her closet or buy/wear new clothes often. I know folks in my circle who do this ..have closets full of clothing, more than they can wear, until I have to pay for it it's nothing for me to comment on.

LaRae

You are right, it is not anybody's business. However, we are all entitled to comment on what appears to be quite wasteful behavior.

You are right, it is not anybody's business. However, we are all entitled to comment on what appears to be quite wasteful behavior.

Entitled? I think not.

Do you comment on your friends/family when they have what you consider to be wasteful behavior?

LaRae

Entitled? I think not.

Do you comment on your friends/family when they have what you consider to be wasteful behavior?

LaRae

This is a public forum where I believe people are entitled to comment, as long as they are respectful, and acknowledge that their information is based on what is in the public domain only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom