The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 22: May 2017 - August 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a public forum where I believe people are entitled to comment, as long as they are respectful, and acknowledge that their information is based on what is in the public domain only.

I think we use the word 'entitled' differently.

Yes this is a public forum where we all comment about the various going's on of the royal families ...I think it's out of place to carry on about what they spend it on when it is nothing to do with us...and certainly not something only done by royals.

LaRae

I think we use the word 'entitled' differently.

Yes this is a public forum where we all comment about the various going's on of the royal families ...I think it's out of place to carry on about what they spend it on when it is nothing to do with us...and certainly not something only done by royals.

LaRae

For the avoidance of doubt, I am not commenting on how she chooses to spend either her money or her time. That I am not entitled to! However, I do feel I am entitled to comment that I think it is odd and wasteful that one rarely sees her reuse her clothes much.

In her role, she can be a fantastic role model to a lot of the young people in our very materialistic society with a clear message that it is good to get wear out of your clothes. It is not always about acquiring more, and not all resources are infinite.

I personally agree with not being wasteful or an over consumer of goods. I still wear clothes I've been wearing for several years and I'm not a collector of things.

I just don't think others should be measured by that yardstick, it's something I set for myself. As long as they aren't expecting me to contribute it's nothing to me if someone wants to spend their last dime buying their 100th pair of Louboutins.

LaRae

That Gucci dress just doesn't look royal to me. It's skimpy and ill-fitting and reminds me more of Nancy Reagan's Adolfo suits than any Jackie Kennedy attire.

Oh you know...now that you said that Leopoldine...you are right it does remind me of Nancy Reagan's dresses! She wore them a lot IIRC.

LaRae

I think I have and idea why quite a lot of Catherine's wardrobe is not being recycled. Catherine's body would have changed post-George and again post-Charlotte. Perhaps a lot of them don't sit quite the way they used to or feel as comfortable.

But never fear ladies and gents, here's hoping she doesn't bin the really good ones. When I saw Princess Madeliene in one of her mother's "old" Couture gala gowns I drooled. Victoria has since worn a couple of her day dresses, so it's nice to know that instead of stationery art they are wearable art ten or twenty years later.

Perhaps Louise or even Charlotte will look lovely in them and rock our socks off. Whatever the cause of Catherine not seeming to be actively recycling, it's everyone's right to have and opinion and discuss it.

This is a fashion thread and so long as I do not say vile things about Catherine herself, I reserve the right to share my views on her choice of clothing, e.g. I loved the lace ensemble she wore to Ascot but Alexander McQueen did her a great disservice by enabling the public to see through her dress, so when Catherine alighted from the carriage my response was eek! This latest dress looks like a child's dress.

But I take issue with those that post slighting comments about other posters rather than Catherine's fashion. It is small minded and petty and sniping lowers the tone of the entire forum.

But I take issue with those that post slighting comments about other posters rather than Catherine's fashion. It is small minded and petty and sniping lowers the tone of the entire forum.

I agree, and I want to support your appeal. :flowers:

I think there are plenty of opportunities for humor, but after all, we don't know each other. One person's dry (and humorous) repartee can easily be misunderstood in text unhinged from a shared cultural reference. Don't ya think? One never knows.

The worst thing (and I say this from experience) is to come on a chat site never knowing if one is going to be greeted with pleasantness or unpleasantness. It's never pleasant to find oneself being poked. :sad:

I like the dress, but I hate the new hairstyle! She has such lovely thick glamorous hair with so many possibilities. This is too short for updos and she looks like 45 instead of 35 in my opinion. I miss the 2011/2012 hair, I loved it and I still admire those beautiful curls and the half-up-half-down without the part like she wears it lately. I can't wait to see her back with long hair. Thankfully no fringe! That would have been even more horrible.

Kate looks lovely, though I'm usually not keen on polka dots.
Her hair is fine, it's much healthier for the hair to have it trimmed occasionally.

Lovely summery look! And i love the shoes!!

I love the dress and sandals and most of all I love her shorter hairstyle, it makes wonders for her. She looks fantastic.

Love the square neckline on the dress. It's a good, summery outfit.

I like the hair cut.

i may be the only one, but i dislike this polka dots dress pattern... :(
the hair looks okay, but not as nice as before. maybe i just need to get used to it!

i guess given the excellent appearances before of kate at wimbledon i had high expectations! some throwbacks:

in 2014, a recycled Johnathan saunders dress
a recycled roksanda yellow and white dress
that beautiful mcqueen dress
in 2015, in a deep red LK bennett dress
in 2011, in a cute white dress
with pippa, in a cream dress and white jacket

I like the dress, especially the square neckline, but for D+G I would expect better quality. The polka dots do not match up at the waist, and there does not appear to be a belt throwing it off. I wonder if she had it altered to make the waist higher, and that is the reason the dots are not matching up. The longer length is very flattering and appropriate, and I like the bag & sandals also.

Her hair cut looks nice, although I suspect it is more a matter of removing the longer extensions and this is her actual hair length. They can always be added back if needed for an updo for a tiara so no worries there.

I agree that she is looking older than her 35 years. I think more highlights around her face would help.

Last edited:
Catherine is really on a role. Love her hair and the polka dot dress looks perfect for a day at the tennis.

As usual though, it's her beautiful smile that's her best accessory. I love the photo of her greeting The Duke of Kent.

I like the dress, especially the square neckline, but for D+G I would expect better quality. The polka dots do not match up at the waist, and there does not appear to be a belt throwing it off. I wonder if she had it altered to make the waist higher, and that is the reason the dots are not matching up. The longer length is very flattering and appropriate, and I like the bag & sandals also.

Her hair cut looks nice, although I suspect it is more a matter of removing the longer extensions and this is her actual hair length. They can always be added back if needed for an updo for a tiara so no worries there.

I agree that she is looking older than her 35 years. I think more highlights around her face would help.

I saw what you were talking about also in the the dots don't match up, so I am wondering is there some kind of pleat in the front that would make it not match up? I also love the neckline and the length on the sleeves, with the length of the dress is just perfect.

I so love this hair cut, not the stringy hair as before and this so up to date on her. Dress, hair, make-up, shoes and purse..........perfect all around. I want that purse, wonder who makes it...simply gorgeous to carry about when out.:)

Now that is just a lovely look...great style/fit and print! Love the shoes too! Her hair is a little different also, very nice.

LaRae

Love the hair, so much better and the shoes! In the model of the dress, the neckline is round, not square and the dots go all the way down in the front panel and are not lined up the rest of the way around. Those are big box pleats on the dress which then gives it a nice full skirt. I am trying to figure out how they altered it, maybe just shortened it at the waist. A belt would have helped take attention away from it.

Looove the dress and the shorter hair!
BYe Bine

The sandals are really lovely but I hope to never see this dress again. I normally love a polka dot print, but there is something incredibly cheesy about a polka dot dress.

And yes to a trim of the hair, but this length looks much better and sleek when it's kept straight.

I am not a fan of polka dots, but would have liked the outfit better if....
#1 - the dress were longer, maybe midi length
#2 - she would have added a wide black belt
Her hair is always nice, but would have enjoyed seeing it in a high ponytail.

I love this look! I think the polka dots are really fun and I think her hair is a nice change! I prefer it longer but I like seeing her mix up her look a bit

The Duchess gets a thumbs-up from me! The shorter hair and the real handbag are a wonderful upgrade for her, and the dress is pretty and summery. Lovely little sandals, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom