The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 21: March 2017 - May 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the entire outfit except the color. I don't think it does anything for her.

The pink dress is wonderful. Its a divine color, and the style is very regal and timeless. The duchess looks fantastic.

I know a lot of people are placing Kate's dress in the 80s but to me, when I first saw it, I'd even go further back to the 40s or 50s and claim a vintage style. It kind of fits in with the vintage cars that were used for the wedding ceremony.

Excepting for the neckline, the dress isn't that far removed from being like Wallis Simpson's wedding dress. That's what it kind of reminded me of at first.

All in all, it was a good look and style for Kate.
I was wondering what it reminded me of and that was it. Wallis Simpson's wedding dress. However, I dislike the neckline intensely. I didn't like it on her evening gowns, really didn't like it in her wedding dress but, for daywear, it borders on being low enough to be inappropriate. The thing I do not understand is that this neckline does not flatter her and never has.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...OeeEY2H4QYi5WpQoyMLLP8HhLLLAAvn6EPLewHtJIPcOd
http://www.livelikeavip.com/wp-cont...uckingham+Palace+State+Rooms+kTvJpmoye9Zl.jpg
https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1J0D0...k-Chiffon-Elegant-Slim-Formal-2-piece-set.jpg
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...RMgeuqcOZZ2OtiEt_BLSQMOV7iwDpv9WiMqNYr2r0Lo1w
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-...Dn4AIBKB2Y/s400/KateMiddletonEveningGowns.jpg
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...iK2Y5IsLDUjx9q-FPzTKpyahm8y7tpTTd3NcQYc5tF2kE
http://fustany.com/images/en/photo/...kham-Spectre-James_Bond-London_Premiere-1.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/b5/28/c0/b528c02d3d402d97d981594a965c8e25.jpg

The pink dress is wonderful. Its a divine color, and the style is very regal and timeless. The duchess looks fantastic.

To me the dress is more champagne than pink, on my iPhone that is.

Thought it looked familiar too but this is what it reminded me of

Sports Personality of the Year 2012: Kate Middleton presents award to Bradley Wiggins | Daily Mail Online

Her dress today is actually originally floor length, hers was made shorter. Other than the cuff sleeves today, two dresses are quite similar, even more if today was original length.

I must disagree MARG, I think the neckline usually flatters her especially in the pix you posted. The blue engagement dress she especially looked beautiful and the style and cut of the bodice complemented her in a way this recent dress did not.

That was my feel too...it is vintage looking (in theme with the wedding)...20's/30's.

LaRae

Yes! the 30's. Another poster mentioned the 40's re Kate's dress, but the 40's ... dresses were tighter and shorter.

But every example you give looks great to my eyes. :flowers: How different we see things. (One exception is her wedding picture. The 'ouch' comes seeing her overdone make-up. Oh well).
I agree, the v neckline in all those dresses looks fine to me too. Interesting that people react so differently.

That was my feel too...it is vintage looking (in theme with the wedding)...20's/30's.

LaRae

In theme with the wedding :ermm:

Other than perhaps the car she left in, there was nothing vintage. Kate was not a bridesmaid. Pippas dress, the kids, her bouquet, her groom, nothing is vintage feel.

Kate is always dressed like this. Like she borrowed clothes from her mother, grandmother or great grandmothers closet. It was no shock she continued today. Even her slightly more modern clothes, less matronly, have a vintage vibe. Only her casual clothes don't.

I thought Kate looked lovely today and very appropriate. It was not a sexy dress by any means, it was an elegant, flowy, non restrictive dress where she could move freely (kneeling and wrangling children). For all intents and purposes Kate was Pippa's chief attendant. She was dressed in the colorway and feel of the wedding party; very English country wedding. I thought her accessories were stunning (earrings and the hat - especially as there was a rose in center which we saw quite alot of today as her head seemed to be tilted down to attend to a train and children.

I didn't like her outfit it did look like her grandmothers. But worse was the flying saucer on her head. She's so young and pretty she could have looked much better IMO

Several bickering posts have been removed. Let's not attack other posters or dissect their opinions to extreme detail.

Please remember, the moderators do not like to have weight discussions take place here at TRF.

Further posts on the above topic will be removed.

madly in love with kate's gorgeous dress in dusty pink for pippa's wedding. beauty.

I liked the idea of the dress but the sleeves killed it. The long billowy sleeves made the dress appear matronly and aged the young Duchess. No bueno!

Although she looks very nive, I am not to fond of this dress. The design of the top half and the length of the dress just don't go together well for me. If the dress had been a little shorter, maybe I would have liked it more, or if the top had been sleeveless, or even if she had worn a pretty simple cardigan with it.

Although she looks very nive, I am not to fond of this dress. The design of the top half and the length of the dress just don't go together well for me. If the dress had been a little shorter, maybe I would have liked it more, or if the top had been sleeveless, or even if she had worn a pretty simple cardigan with it.

For me, it's the neckline.. it seems to be awkwardly high and looks like it would be uncomfortable to wear.

Personally, I'm a fan of midi length and wish there were more of them available.

For me, it's the neckline.. it seems to be awkwardly high and looks like it would be uncomfortable to wear.

Personally, I'm a fan of midi length and wish there were more of them available.
I'm also not very fond of t-shirt necked clothing and would have prefered it in a boatneck style. But it's still very pretty and I looooooove the skirt of it. It's so flowy. That length with quite alot of fabric just is so feminine and moves wonderfully. It just screams at you to twirl when wearing it!

What a lovely appearance. A great dress in a lovely fit, length, print and color. I am also loving the ponytail.

I too am loving the pony!!! very soft and relaxed. The dress is a lovely addition to her wardrobe; reminds me of the Suzanne dress she wore for George's first birthday photos. I think she likes to wear green to the Flower Show so that she blends in and lets the beauty of the floral installations stand out. I think Catherine usually makes a point of not standing out when it is a multi-Royal attending event.

Well I love that dress. It’s something I would love to wear if I managed to look good in it. Which I don’t btw. She has the hight and the figure for it and it’s completely on trend.

Calf length dresses seem to be polarizing. I quite like them especially with fuller skirt. And I really dislike full skirts above the knee.

I like the color and print of Kate's dress and the length, don't mind the neckline or cap sleeve--but I don't like the design of the top. I think set in sleeves would be more attractive.

I like those midi length skirts on Catherine, Sophie and the other Royal ladies. The shorter dresses and skirts, especially wrap dresses, seem problematic with exiting cars.

She looks lovely - I like the dress style and the print, I couldn't wear that high neck but I think it looks good. I love the hair off her face like that.

I like those midi length skirts on Catherine, Sophie and the other Royal ladies. The shorter dresses and skirts, especially wrap dresses, seem problematic with exiting cars.

exactly! I think the longer hemlines are a more practical part of her working wardrobe (albeit sometimes regrettably). Especially if she anticipates the need to be agile (i.e. with kneeling with kids).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom