The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 21: March 2017 - May 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Too boring and plain!

The fabric is too shiny for the coat IMO. The hat looks like a mini slide in the front part. The overall looks so plain.

I wish she wore something with a bit more color or a print or a lovely summery dress matched with light coat or even a lace coat by Burberry for example.

I don't like the shiny coat either.
The hat is fine, and it's a pretty shade of blue.

Regarding the word 'matronly': if anything looks matronly it is that hat. Totally draws all attention to itself and is not at all pretty, or handsome, or interesting. A fail imho. :flowers: She needs to start letting those fascinators go, though they may be her go-to hat and we will be seeing them for decades. :sad:

Regarding the word 'matronly': if anything looks matronly it is that hat. Totally draws all attention to itself and is not at all pretty, or handsome, or interesting. A fail imho. :flowers: She needs to start letting those fascinators go, though they may be her go-to hat and we will be seeing them for decades. :sad:

I think this is just a case of her using her early royal wardrobe to its fullest. I do think she has upped her hat game recently, and is being a little more adventurous now. These staples will probably continue to reappear for a few more years before they are phased out.

Wasn't mad about the fascinator ,but that asides I thought the Duchess looked very lovely at todays garden party.

So bland. She needs an injection of new ideas for her wardrobe. I really dislike the whole look.

Wasn't mad about the fascinator ,but that asides I thought the Duchess looked very lovely at todays garden party.

I agree. It's good to see her recycling a previous outfit and the color is perfect for spring. IMO

I always loved the blue look. Very elegant and beautiful. Divine color.

I don't like the shiny material but I do think the color is lovely on her. Don't like the hat at all either. She looks very elegant though and appropriate for the event.

LaRae

I like it. It is appropriate. No complaints as she re wears her clothes.

And what really matters is she connects with the people she meets

I know this is a fashion thread but frankly it is now more about whether you like the person rather than what they are wearing. The fact that I like to focus on her actual job is more relevant.

The coat is just okay, but I'm not really a fan of the shiny material. I'm one of the few that doesn't mind fascinators, so I like her headpiece.

The color is lovely :flowers:

But the style :ermm: And the shiny material is not good at all. I'd rather her wear the coat from Luxemborg. Basically same style, prefer this color but not the shiny material. I won't even comment on the hat.

Lumutqueen I like a few of your suggestions. It would be lovely to see her in something more summery and less structured fir a garden party.

I like this one of your choices the best, though I doubt she would dare wear it. ;) But so perky!

http://images.bergdorfgoodman.com/ca/4/product_assets/B/3/U/5/F/BGB3U5F_mu.jpg

Would not choose this one for myself but I could see her wearing it to good effect. Would photograph well (hide a multitude of sins). :p And could go with a white (or red or black) blazer with a stand of pearls. ;)

http://images.bergdorfgoodman.com/ca/1/product_assets/B/3/U/9/K/BGB3U9K_mu.jpg

Last edited:
The color is lovely :flowers:

But the style :ermm: And the shiny material is not good at all. I'd rather her wear the coat from Luxemborg. Basically same style, prefer this color but not the shiny material. I won't even comment on the hat.

Lumutqueen I like a few of your suggestions. It would be lovely to see her in something more summery and less structured fir a garden party.
Just as a data point, there was at leat a 10-12 degree Celsius difference between yesterday in zlondon (temperatures in the mid-20s ) and Luxembourg on the 11th (early teens). Catherine could nor have worn either of the two light blue coats/dresses interchangeably!

I agree. It's good to see her recycling a previous outfit and the color is perfect for spring. IMO

I agree it's great to see her recycling her outfits, especially that she doesn't recycle often or in a short time frame but I found this outfit too stiff for a garden party, which imo requires something more less structure.

Just as a data point, there was at leat a 10-12 degree Celsius difference between yesterday in zlondon (temperatures in the mid-20s ) and Luxembourg on the 11th (early teens). Catherine could nor have worn either of the two light blue coats/dresses interchangeably!

According to act weather, the temperatures last week in Lux were right on point with London today, both around the 20 mark.

Those coats are not vastly different, either in style or fabric weight. If she was comfortable in one in Lux it would work in London. A matter of two or three degrees at most wouldn't cause most to change coats.

I like it. It is appropriate. No complaints as she re wears her clothes.

And what really matters is she connects with the people she meets

I know this is a fashion thread but frankly it is now more about whether you like the person rather than what they are wearing. The fact that I like to focus on her actual job is more relevant.
I beg to differ. You are reading dislike of Catherine's fashion choices as dislike of Catherine per se. Your interest in Catherine's actual job is indeed more relevant than fashion, in your opinion.

However, this is the fashion thread covering Catherine's fashion and that is why I am here, why most of us are here. Should I want to know about her actual job I will go to Catherine's Current Affairs thread. Castigating us for our views is counter-productive.

Love the ice blue shiny coat dress. Pretty color and goes with the great earrings. Nice updo so we can see them.

I am loving this soft, long-armed, deep vee retro look. She looked like a version of Little Bo Peep in that hat trying to wrangle the little ones. So lady like and fresh and comfy and flattering all at the same time! And yes, allowing her sister to have the spotlight - so very Kate.

And I think it a nice touch that she and Mom both wore pink.

And before someone kvetches, her shoes worked back to the taupish color on the attendants.

What earrings is she wearing?

Love the dress...the whole look.

LaRae

Her dress is fine, love the color, but it's wrinkled. I understand that they had a long drive from London, but she should have arrived early to her parents' house and changed there.

Her hair & make-up look nice.

She had probably had to get the kids ready.

Dusty pink and the longer length and voluminous sleeves and cuffs, very 80s to me and ladylike but able to wrangle children. My only quibble is the bony chest is detracting. I would have build up and reinforced the bust area. Her hairdo and earrings make the whole look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom