The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 20: October 2016 - February 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 20 of the thread for the Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion!

You can find the old thread here:

** The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 19: July 2016 - October 2016 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Following

LaRae

I LOVE the pattern and material. I do NOT love the bodice. This could of been a really cute/nice dress if the bodice had been constructed differently.

LaRae

I rarely say that but I absolutely love this dress on Kate.

My only nitpick is the shoes, ugly nude/beige colour. A shade of dark red would have been so much better.

Well, this is a dress style that has come and gone many, many times in my life. And yes, it has been a staple for ladies of a certain age throughout.
That said, it's been shown a lot on recent runways and is trending. We've seen it on other youngish royals and celebs.

I've just seen the shirtwaist dress too many times to be wowed by it. But it is pretty and presentable and modest and all the things we expect from Kate-wear. Maybe not all we WANT from Kate-wear, but have come to expect.

And this is perfect evidence to me that she refuses to give up a slightly high waist in order to give the illusion of a longer leg. I do hope she moves on from this sometime in her future. Just a wish. :flowers:
And the hair was faboo today!

Last edited:
kate's dress today isn't bad but i think it ages her slightly. it is feminine and flowy, but the cut of the dress and the print is something i would expect an older royal to wear. kate is young and should go for younger designs.

Well, this is a dress style that has come and gone many, many times in my life. And yes, it has been a staple for ladies of a certain age throughout.
That said, it's been shown a lot on recent runways and is trending. We've seen it on other youngish royals and celebs.

I've just seen the shirtwaist dress too many times to be wowed by it. But it is pretty and presentable and modest and all the things we expect from Kate-wear. Maybe not all we WANT from Kate-wear, but have come to expect.

And this is perfect evidence to me that she refuses to give up a slightly high waist in order to give the illusion of a longer leg. I do hope she moves on from this sometime in her future. Just a wish. :flowers:
And the hair was faboo today!

Interesting - I always assumed it was when she bought off the rack and she had such a long torso the waist just rode higher on her - never thought she did it deliberately. good observation. funny how we all see and compensate for our own flaws differently. :flowers:

i did like her dress today - and thought a nice addition to her working wardrobe. I think it would have been lovely if she had been near the London Eye when it was lit up in the purple

Last edited:
It's a pretty dress and I feel it befits the occassion as it stands out in a light, happy manner, but not too much.

The shoes are effing boring though. A mauve pink heel would have been much better.

Its a pretty dress and a style that doesn't get old IMO. The only downside of her look is the open hair pulled to the front with the neck tie, its a bit too much for me. The nude shoes were too boring, a slightly pink/red pump would've looked so much nicer.

Thanks to my best friend and having conversations lately about colors and how to use them, I've actually found my way into looking at Kate's outfit today and have a comment on it.

The hair does distract from the neck of the blouse and if she likes wearing her hair in this fashion, you want the neck to compliment the hair and not compete with it. Moving on down to the waist, the big mistake is the flow of the pattern between the blouse and the skirt. Its way off kilter and the pattern clashes horribly and that could have been resolved by a color attuned belt. Would be a simple thing to do to make the belt, shoes and clutch all in the same color and that would make the darker flowers in the print actually "pop".

If you're assembling an outfit or a room or a Barbie's Dream House, you go for an overall effect. At least that's how I see it. :D

The fabric is lovely, the cut and style remind me of Maggie Thatcher.

the colors of the dress are really pretty, not liking the top part of the dress

I bet she's freezing, it's supposed to be cold in the UK today.

The high today in London was 57 degrees F. That's not cold plus they were inside for most of the engagement

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I love the dress. The color and print is beautiful. The Duchess looks wonderful.

I'm glad that you mentioned the lack of a belt, because that's the first thing I noticed. There's something about the way the skirt and bodice meet at the waist that demands a belt.

The hanging hair and the hanging bow is kind of messy, I agree.

I like the print of the dress and the pleated skirt.

TWould be a simple thing to do to make the belt, shoes and clutch all in the same color and that would make the darker flowers in the print actually "pop".

:D

Interesting - I always assumed it was when she bought off the rack and she had such a long torso the waist just rode higher on her - never thought she did it deliberately. good observation. funny how we all see and compensate for our own flaws differently. :flowers:

i did like her dress today - and thought a nice addition to her working wardrobe. I think it would have been lovely if she had been near the London Eye when it was lit up in the purple

Unless one of us is secretly Kate, we can't know if it's deliberate or not. All we have is speculation.

I can't say I quite care for this dress. I'm not a huge floral person, so most floral patterns are off putting to me. I'm more unimpressed by Harry's pants.

The dress isn't actually lacking a belt , it is just that Kate removed it and wore it around her neck.

Good one Marlene! :D

I think it looks very unfinished without the belt. Very nice dress, nice colors, great sheer sleeves.. All the pleats and flowy fabric are good for her figure.

Blue is my favourite colour and I especially like cornflower blue. It's a nice outfit but nothing out of the ordinary and I agree the shoes were not great. I'm glad Kate's hair was in an updo, though. Looked fine but rather nervous. Understandably so, but she's seen here clutching her purse to her groin like there's no tomorrow as she does when nervous.

Last edited:
Beautiful suit, very classy, but with enough detail to make it interesting. Love the belt and peplum jacket. Perfect.

She looks great! Love the suit and the hair. The shoe is well..it's just a nude shoe...but otherwise she is well done.

LaRae

It could be powder or cornflower but due to the lighting it's hard to know for sure...however my initial reaction was powder blue.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom