The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 20: October 2016 - February 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much gomdnatt,for,putting all those coats together! And really, it makes me remember how her clothes really fit so much better now and she has found a longer length which is so much more flattering to her. And really, there were a lot of maternity coats and this new coat is so much nicer than the other one which is the most similar in the list. Let's put it this way, I hope she retires a lot of the older ones!

I think Catherine's blue coat is gorgeous and her hair is great too. Overall I have no complaints.

The Duchess of Cambridge in a "£1,050 embroidered dress by Erdem" at a briefing to outline the next phase of the charity Heads Together in London today, January 17:

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 ** Upper part **

Last edited:
The dress is nice, but not suprising, as its style is the same Kate has been wearing for a while. I think that the major point is her hair, which looks really good!

The price is a bit high for a such a dress, but I guess I will never be able to get used to the price/quality ratio...

Sorry, for me it's a granny's dress above the knee with a horrible wall of hair and bad posture.

I love the dress and this is the best I've seen Catherine's hair in a long time. Just beautiful.

I love the dress and this is the best I've seen Catherine's hair in a long time. Just beautiful.

I agree, I thought she looked great.

I think the dress is cute, well fitted.....nothing my grandmas would've worn. Lol

I like this dress very much - but more so the colours and pattern than the very familiar style.

Great look! Love the dress style and pattern- and the contrasting accessories. Nice addition to the wardrobe

i liked this dress and her hair did indeed look particularly luscious!

Sorry, for me it's a granny's dress above the knee with a horrible wall of hair and bad posture.

I could not agree more. Her posture is just awful!! I keep hearing my mother saying to me as a child "stand up straight...you look like a hunchback!" The slouching posture indicates to me a lack of confidence and then hiding behind that mangy head of hair...ugh! I just want to take some scissors to it and lop about 6 inches off and then pull it off her face. The dress may be nice but who can really tell when it's hidden by hair and slumped over posture?!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Mangy? Are you sure that's the word you intended to use?

Bad posture is an exaggeration, she's walking straight with shoulder back. I see no hunchback there

Bad posture is an exaggeration, she's walking straight with shoulder back. I see no hunchback there

If you read my response I was not calling the duchess a hunchback, merely quoting what my mother would say to me when I did not stand up straight. The duchess could benefit from some of her nagging because her posture leaves a lot to be desired!!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I think Kate looks lovely.

She has gorgeous hair, so I can understand why she is unwilling to cut it.

Did no one spot the granny shoes, I think they're even more ugly than the dress, the kind if shoes an 80 year old would wear to church on Sunday. I find her style so strange. It's very often the hair style of a primary school child paired with pensioner clothes.

Her hair is beautiful. And I love the accessories:flowers:

Dress is a mix for me. The style is flattering and well fitting. And I quite like the colors on her. The style is her usual style, nothing new, but the colors at least offer a refreshing change.

But I hate the print. I find it too busy and it gives me a granny feel. The only thing that saves the dress is both the style (no grandma would wear that) and the more modern colors which freshens up the print.

I feel divided too. I like the print and colors of the dress, but the pattern + the style of the dress is not my favorite. And the shoes, I'm not liking those at all for whatever reason.

sophie25;1954882It's very often the hair style of a primary school child paired with pensioner clothes.[/QUOTE said:
Her hair is styled the way most adults I know style long hair on a day to day basis- parted on the side and blown dry. Sometimes she has pony tails, up dos, half up/half down. Seems pretty normal to me. She just has more opportunities for intricate updos than most of us.

Her clothes are more expensive than any pensioner I know. And usually a good deal nicer. But, over all, I think Kate dresses in a classic, elegant style anyway.

Her shoes are so so...but I actually like the dress, it's nothing 'wow' but it's nice enough and looks good on her.

LaRae

I like the dress. The silhouette is simple and flattering. I wonder if a cute belt, maybe picking up the blues or even yellows in the dress, would have added a little oomph. And, while I like the shoes generally, I don't like them with this outfit. They're a little clunky, work better with coats.

But I hate the print. I find it too busy and it gives me a granny feel. The only thing that saves the dress is both the style (no grandma would wear that) and the more modern colors which freshens up the print.

Spot on. It's the prints of these dresses that do nothing for me either; they make her look much older IMO.

I love the dress. The design is very chic. Kate looks wonderful.

I really like the print and styling of the dress. It is definitely a dress that will divide people with no half measures . What I dislike,however, is her makeup. I noticed in the video footage that the eye makeup is not very well applied and her skin tone lacks luminosity. Perhaps a late night tending to the children !

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom