The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 20: October 2016 - February 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i like this. i think it was appropriate wear to use when meeting the king and when abroad on official duty. i wouldn't have expected her to use one of those frilly dresses (like the one she used yesterday) for something like this but a structured suit like the one she wore. i would have loved it if she wore again one of her amazing mcqueen dresses (1 2), but i guess even them would have been too much for a visit like this one.

Yeah the McQueen dresses would of been too casual I think. She looks perfectly appropriate in her tailored dress to meet the King. I do like the second McQueen dress though! Love to see her out in that again!

LaRae

I like this lovely lilac suit very much. It is appropriate and professional, and it is suitable for her age as well. I can even pass over the boring accessories, as for such a visit they can match very well with the suit.

The mantron dress taken out of granny's closet form the '40s Kate wore yesterday, is to be thrown away, hopefully. (Or to be given to charity, given its price).

Whats new with todays outfit? Nothing and this is what makes it boring. Its similar/same to this skirt suit in red.
I like the fact she has her hair up especially on a visit abroad. The shoes are as boring as ever and the suede texture doesn't work with the outfit IMO.

Last edited:
How nice that the King received the Duchess of Cambridge in his private villa. It looked a nice, easygoing and relaxed encounter. The Duchess was nicely dressed. A broche would have been nice but allez...

I really love the lilac suit that Catherine chose for her trip to Holland. It's a very professional and elegant look, though I would have chosen shoes of a different color.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I quite like Kate's suit and accessories, except for the shoes. A smooth leather rather than the suede would have set off the suit better.

She looks perfect IMO. I like everything.

She looked professional, simply minimalistic and there to do what she came to do. More chances of the focus being on what she was there for.

The earrings are stupendous! Love them! The suit, blah. The color is a little too pale, in my opinion, whether it's lilac, powder blue or cornflower, it could have used a little more oompth. Somehow the poofy hair ages her.

I think I woke up on the wrong side of the bed because I just think she looks drab, tired, nervous, and blah other than those FAB earrings.

I really like this pale blue suit (even though I am not a huge fan of peplums). And I thought her hair so very pretty.

I think she almost had to wear a solid color as she was being photographed in front of all that artwork. A print would have been visually distracting. And since the Mauritshuis Museum has strongly colored walls, it made sense to go with a pastel. See how nicely she stands out in this gallery: http://media.gettyimages.com/photos...aintings-as-she-picture-id613930956?s=594x594

I think the Duchess keeps it simple with the accessories. Like the Queen, she wears acceptable day shoes in serviceable, rather than trendy colors. Likewise, I bet this clutch never gets unpacked and is always ready to go. She's a mom with a visible day job so this kind of utilitarian approach to accessories makes sens, at least to me. It may be dull and practical, but it could be much worse if she decided to become trendy shoe collector.

BTW - later in the day under indoor lighting the suit is clearly pale blue. And look how well the pale blue works with the odd woolen knitwear and bike: :lol: http://media.gettyimages.com/photos...oollen-class-at-picture-id613943736?s=594x594
http://media.gettyimages.com/photos...ng-class-at-for-picture-id613945198?s=594x594

The Duchess looked wonderful today in the Netherlands,great colour,hairstyle and earrings.

Whats new with todays outfit? Nothing and this is what makes it boring. Its similar/same to this skirt suit in red.
I like the fact she has her hair up especially on a visit abroad. The shoes are as boring as ever and the suede texture doesn't work with the outfit IMO.

From that perspective the suit was a waste of money, this outfit is very similar and is already in her wardrobe
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/04/10/article-0-1CF9F31900000578-973_306x780.jpg

Oh boy, somebody better not tell the Queen, Letizia, Mathilde, Maxima, or Victoria that half their wardrobe is redundant and a waste of money. :whistling:

Personally, I think HM had a bit of a hand in the outfit as Kate was wearing pearl earrings borrowed from her. Girl's afternoon discussing what to wear sounds like a fun time.

She looked professional, simply minimalistic and there to do what she came to do. More chances of the focus being on what she was there for.

exactly! she is coming into her own in her working wardrobe. a lovely timeless addition - i am sure we will see it for many years to come.

Sorry, I don't really comment on fashion because it's frankly irrelevant. But, why does Kate have a responsibility to entertain you with her wardrobe? I simply do not understand this concept, truly. Mind-boggling.

Her red suit is one of my favorites. So that she has a similar one in blue is a plus to me. It's a classy, timeless outfit.

It's actually true. The picture posted on HRHDuchessKate blog shows with the string around the waist and the buttons not closed all the way up.

? The other photos show it worn the way Kate wore it. So it's clearly meant to be worn either way.

Love Catherine's last 2 outfits.

I really like the shade of the blue suit, it fits her well. I'm not too keen on the ruffle bottom of the jacket. It looks a bit childish IMO, and it made the jacket seem a bit short. Otherwise, she looked very lovely. Her having her hair up was a nice change.

I am not that wowed by either look. But then again I rarely am by Kate :sad:

The first dress is a lovely color on her. And for a person who doesn't like florals often, I like the print. But I find the top odd. And back to the uk, back to the bad open curl looks. I don't get the point of wearing the belt at the neck, to add interest and then hiding it with her hair :ermm: both hair and earrings are lost.

The blue is well Kate. In that she seems to try and dress like Jackie o and not in a modern adaption way. I find it dates her. The color is lovely though. And her hair is stunning.

I am starting to think she can only manage a good hair do when abroad. She does an amazing job in Canada and now in the Netherlands but total miss hair wise in the uk.

Comparing this suit to the old red one? This one is yes, a peplum suit but what a gorgeous one. This is obviously custom made, the other is off the rack. This collar suits her beautifully, not too close around the neck and not too loose, the large covered buttons and wide belt and pleated peplum vs gathered. Much,much nicer. great earrings and hairdo, glad her hairdresser is finally showing her stuff. Well done, and good choice to wear a plain color as the other posters have explained. A brooch would have been nice...

I think the pale blue suit is a superb colour choice - she wears it, not the other way around.
The suit and the soignee hairstyle lead us to focus on her face, eyes, expression.

PS Editing to add, I noticed it seemed really tightly-fitting, which can lead to some unfortunate seam-pullings that look awkward, e.g. across jacket-front.

Last edited:
Sorry, I don't really comment on fashion because it's frankly irrelevant. But, why does Kate have a responsibility to entertain you with her wardrobe? I simply do not understand this concept, truly. Mind-boggling.

This is a fashion forums and we discuss fashion worn by royals, therefore we can give our opinions on what we think. I am not the only one in this thread who has an opinion about her fashion or about other royal ladies/men.

From that perspective the suit was a waste of money, this outfit is very similar and is already in her wardrobe
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/04/10/article-0-1CF9F31900000578-973_306x780.jpg
The basic style is there but the suit wins on fitting, which it does perfectly. However, the pinky/beige/nude suede shoes just plain don't cut it. Now if she'd worn the accessories from the above, that at least would have been a statement.

Two notions here.

1. We are mostly fashionista's on this fashion thread because, lowbrow as it may be, we like to admire or cringe and voice our opinions at what Catherine wears. And

2. You miss the point of all fashion threads. They are there to entertain us, the wearers? Not so much.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom