The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 19: July 2016 - October 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovely as the dress was, did she really need another one? Were there no other suitable dresses in her wardrobe?

Don't think today's blue dress, is it DVF?does anything for her. It looks like a "rag" as my mother would say meaning it doesn't have much cut or structure which emphasizes her thinness. Also the high cut on the thigh is too high for day, IMO.

I agree.
It looks more like something for the beach or a casual day out
http://media.gettyimages.com/photos...er-visiting-stewards-with-picture-id606065830

the high slits on the side leads to some awkward seating
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/09/16/10/386E57B900000578-3791251-image-a-2_1474019094015.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CseOErXW8AI74C4.jpg

The colors of the dress are good, but the dress itself is just okay. Don't hate it, but don't really like it either. She looks tired and a little on the thin side today.

(...)

I don't like that dress. The buttons go down way too low and it feels like something my grandmother could've worn.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never heard she is only supposed to wear Brit designers to official events?

LaRae

It's just something people say to "justify" their dislike of her and show how she breaks protocol. It's silly.

I think Kate should be more audacious regarding shoes. Even on summer she is always wearing pumps I have seldom seen her with nice high heels sandals . I dont like this dress too casual for me

Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de The Royals Community

A couple of personal comments have been removed. Please use the PM method instead for private exchanges and remember to stay respectful towards each other! Thank you!

The dress doesn't really stand out in any way. It doesn't fit well, it doesn't have any pizzazz and it's not well accessorized. It's a miss for me, especially at $2000. Interestingly when I went to the Neiman Marcus website to look further, there's no mention of side slits. The description says "straight hem". So did she have the slit put in?

Last edited:
The dress doesn't really stand out in any way. It doesn't fit well, it doesn't have any pizzazz and it's not well accessorized. It's a miss for me, especially at $2000. Interestingly when I went to the Neiman Marcus website to look further, there's no mention of side slits. The description says "straight hem". So did she have the slit put in?
Nah, the slit was actually sewn tighter. It's actually even higher from the beginning

I like the polka dot dress. It's super cute, fits well, and slit in the skirt is fine to me.

The color is lovely but not a fan of the print. And I agree the lack of structure in the dress emphasizes her stick figure. That with the volume of her hair, gives a Barbie impression :ermm: Bit nice to see her in some different bright colours.

I think Catherine had a nice look today. I like the white and black circles against the soft shade of blue. I like how she's matched her clutch with her shoes.

I really like this dress, both the print and shade of blue. I do agree with the remark about the shoes - she could be more adventurous.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

A blue shoe, a black shoe ..matching bag. Something besides beige.

A strappy sandal with a heel....something.

LaRae

I'm not sure about the dress, to be honest. I do give Catherine props for trying something a little different.

Cute dress and just glad it's not her usual dress (single colour with no print/patterns). Again same nude shoes, which is okay and appropriate for her job, but fashion-wise nude coloured shoes are really boring.

Cute dress and just glad it's not her usual dress (single colour with no print/patterns). Again same nude shoes, which is okay and appropriate for her job, but fashion-wise nude coloured shoes are really boring.
This is a very flattering style for Catherine. The gathering across the back and around the front of the yoke and at the shoulder of the sleeves gave a softer, more feminine silhouette. The slit on the dress was, I thought, unnecessary and because she has such long legs the slit looks longer than it actually is.

I like the move from her usual block colours to a pattern, which is a fresh look for her although I too believe the nude accessories were flat and boring and actually clashed with the colours in the dress. Black accessories would have worked much better.

http://whatkatewore.com/wp-content/...-Ian-Vogler-Rota-Nunn-Synd-Pol-500-x-800-.jpg

I like Kate's accessories much better than the model's. And I like that she closed the slit a bit. It looks nicer that way.

It's blue for the arrival. Checkoff the Maple Leaf Brooch. Also, another maple leaved hat. And I think the DM is saying the dress is Packham.

Duchess Of Cambridge Pictures and Photos | Getty Images

The big surprise for me is that George is now tall and slim and that Sophie Gregoire wore spectator shoes that were transparent.

kate looked like her usual fab self. did not expect less of her.

Catherine looked fabulous. I love the color of the dress and the hat. The brooch was a great acknowledgement to Canada. It also happens to be one of my favorite brooches.

She looks regal and elegant. The Duchess looked wonderful.

She looked like she always does, put together but a bit blah. Nothing remarkable or that interesting. Her hat looks like a blue version of the red maple leap she wore last time. Don't get me wrong, she looked fine, just under whelming. She was out shone by Sophie over all, color by the other women and in hats. I hope we see some more inspired looks on the tour. India was a mix, had some misses and some ones like horse they were boring but good, but she had some amazing looks. Hope to see dome here.

I do like the blue worn by Kate, love the shade, and the maple leaf brooch and updo. However, like others I'm hoping for new designs later on in the tour, new hats and new shoes, something different and out of the box.

Kate's blue dress was quite nice, the color suited her well, the style was flattering but nothing new to what she tends to wear at such formal events.

I'd be surprised if this is an actually Jenny Packham dress, this does not fit the designers house of style. This looks more like a bespoke McQueen or Erdem to me.

Such a Lovely and elegant look for day 1. Catherine looked so poised walking down the stairs focusing on her 2 children. Not a hair out of place, no skirts blowing in the wind. The color was vibrant ...and a fair amount of bling. Looking forward to a fun week of tour highlights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom