The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 19: July 2016 - October 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like the dress, great print and love the color:flowers:

But I do wish she would go a little less structured and summery. And perhaps add interest with different shoes and maybe bracelet.

"With "Less structured" I see wind and skirt tussles. The pencil skirt is her friend.... Elegant and modest. Just another Royal day at the office.

Some how countless royal women manage looser skirts without wardrobe malfunctions :ermm: I guess they haven't shared the super secret:whistling:

I like the dress, nice change from her 50's housewife coat dresses. :flowers: Simply responding to the 'nice summer look' comments. Not summery other than color. I laugh, on twitter people Mary looks like Kate. Wish true, good example of summery but still appropriate and modest.

Love the red color...not a fan of the dress style. The seams are odd and the dress looks cheap or something.

LaRae

It's a plain dress, but the color is nice for Kate.

Is the red dress today the one worn to Wimbledon last year?

The red dress is lovely. I love the color.

simple dress, but beautiful color.
like her hair today

Is it just me that's crying for accessories? A bracelet!!! Cute summery shoes! A barrette! Something....anything....

Nice dress, but that's about it. It's okay to no wear something too "serious", but I was hoping for something a bit more professional.

Nice color:flowers:

But looks cheap. I don't see point of 2 near identical, Wimbledon only real change is sleeve length. I am happy for a more casual look for summer but this is a miss. And boring, some accessories would help.

Nice color:flowers:

But looks cheap. I don't see point of 2 near identical, Wimbledon only real change is sleeve length. I am happy for a more casual look for summer but this is a miss. And boring, some accessories would help.
I think they are rather different. Same colour and waist, but that's about it. Sleeves are different, one is over the knee length and one in mid-calf length, the new dress has detailed seaming on the skirt etc.

:previous: I love the fresh, summery look of the yellow, blue and white with blue daisies dresses. Their shape and style are really flattering on Catherine but her shape has changed, as do most women's, since having her children. While the tops were still fitted, but they were ill-fitting from the bust down and the look from the back of the yellow dress was particularly baggy. It was nothing that a good seamstress couldn't have fixed but perhaps she didn't do a really good full-length check-out and didn't notice.

The red dress was quite stunning and although it is surprising to have two dresses essentially the same in the same colour, red does suit her but calls for equally bold accessories. Praline would definitely not have been my choice, but I guess it is better than patent nude. However, the style and cut of the dress is very flattering on Catherine and is also very 'on-trend'. That being said, I would have loved a little "something" to break the red-out, something like a gorgeous scarf, brooch, hair ornament, necklace, etc.

The dress was a prefect choice for Catherine. The fit, the style and color was spot on. I like her hairstyle, it suited her.

She's rocking the royal red. Love it!

Light pink dress in Cornwall today.

Agree about the wedges time to throw them out. Dress nice but nothing great

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

The cut and lenght of this kind of dress dress is what suits Kate better imo, but this very dress is rather "meh", color and the lack of details make is totally uninteresting.
She has plenty of similar dresses
Those wedges do not go with it, I think.

The dress is nice and I fully agree about those wedges ! Why doesn't she try pretty high heels sandals?

Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de The Royals Community

Is it me, or are all her dresses starting to look alike?

Not that she doesn't look pretty, but it would be nice to see her step outside her comfort zone once in a while.

She looks very pretty :) Nothing groundbreaking, her standard silouette. A nice piece in her working wardrobe. The wedges makes sense since she's walking on cobblestone and later on a beach. I'm neutral to them.

The style of the dress suits her very well....the color is blah and the wedges...perhaps another color.

LaRae

I think the color of the dress washes Catherine out. A black blazer would have added a nice contrast.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I think the color of the dress washes Catherine out. A black blazer would have added a nice contrast.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

It's quite warm for a jacket , hence the short sleeved dress.

I think the dress is a lovely colour and style for the weather. I also think the wedges are fine, she has to walk on cobbled stones and the beach, so she might as well ne comfortable.

Love the dress- even though it's too pale for Catherine. Pink doesn't usually wash her out.

If it was more pink it would look great on her. Too blush. I think she could of really popped with the shoe if she had a different color wedge.

I find many of her dresses boring but this one really underwhelms me. Her same basic style and no color or detail yo save it. The color just washes her out.

And please someone burn the wedges:whistling:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom