The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 19: July 2016 - October 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I tihnk she's wearing those Taupe Wedges and not pumps. I would of preferred a flat.

LaRae

Ugh...already been at least one unfortunate photo showing up Kate's skirt (she's squatted down)..however she has on a pair of shorts or something so at least it's not too bad.

Probably should of worn a longer skirt that would cover the over the knee when down like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
A fine close up of the girls: https://twitter.com/RoyallyKate/status/781556628789207040

I'm making the 5 year old a Dorothy from OZ Halloween costume this year and was delighted to see Charlotte influenced by that choice. :cool::lol:

This is a great example of Catherine wearing a dress that I just loath - but that's just my taste. I think many of you will like it for far better reasons than I have. And I think it's absolutely appropriate. Party on!

Wouldn't it have been more practical, with all the bending/squatting Kate has to do when her toddler and small child need her attention, to wear a pair of fitted slacks and a nice top, combined with some flat shoes? Queen Letizia wears slacks and top a lot when she visits schools etc.

Yes I have never understood the apparent reluctance from any of the British Royals to wear smart trousers for an official engagement. Its a regime of very casual for country pursuits/sport engagements and smart dresses, coats and suits for everything else and nothing in between. I do like this dress but it might have been a good opportunity to wear trousers -I recall Diana doing this several times and most European royals do too.

So far I liked everything she wore on this trip. She looks wonderful and very relaxed.

Me too.

I really don't think people focus on Kate to nitpick; it's more that she is the one most in the limelight.
With many other royal ladies, I look at them, and think either Nice, or No. But beyond that, I'm not that involved.

But Kate's choices interest me more than those of the other royals, and I suspect at least some other posters must feel the same way.

Last edited:
Yes I have never understood the apparent reluctance from any of the British Royals to wear smart trousers for an official engagement. Its a regime of very casual for country pursuits/sport engagements and smart dresses, coats and suits for everything else and nothing in between. I do like this dress but it might have been a good opportunity to wear trousers -I recall Diana doing this several times and most European royals do too.
Maybe she doesn't like them. I never ever wear pants (except for very soft sweatpants at home). I just don't like wearing pants. Kate, even before marriage, mostly wore dresses and skirts, with the occational jeans and a few linen pants. But she just doesn't seem like a pant person so I'm not surprised. Plus, she was covered with a slip the whole time so I dont see the issue there either.

Catherine has looked great on this tour.

I find this funny. .... Kate needs to wear Canadian designers in Canada, but nothing in any of the other countries in the Commonwealth. I don't mind this idea if it's applied equally, but it's not.

And still an incredibly silly and pointless conversation in the middle of a tour. (and boy do I hate to compare women, but nobody ever complains about Sophie not wearing Canadian designers in Canada, etc. This is ridiculous.)

Look back on the India tour you will find many people thought, she
could wear some Indian designers. So no it's not all about Canada. You can think it ridiculous all you want, but we are all entitled to our opinions and respect. IMO when a Canadian princess is in Canada on a tour funded by Canadian tax payers, it would be good manners to wear a few Canadian designers.

I like her casual look much better yesterday. Odd one out, I liked her two casual looks the best on her :flowers: nice to see a Canadian coat.

Today's dress I am not a fan of the top. Gives me a craft project feel. The length and the skirt of it are quite nice. Though pants may have worked better for this outing.

I give her full points on her hair this tour, she has had some great updos. :flowers: and I liked her half one today.

Last edited:
Her hair has been great the whole trip so far. Only one outfit I didn't care for as of yet.
Only one pair of shoes I wasn't a fan of.

She's been a great representative for the UK.

LaRae

The colour of the kids garden party dress is impractical for most mums but somehow Kate managed to keep it clean - kudos to her.

I have been struggling to choose a favourite daytime of the trip so far - the arrival blue JP dress was perfect and such a standout. And i loved the green D&G dress it was such a nice look on Kate - the colour, the retro flare feel. And i loved the Yukon cowgirl casual look.

However i hated the McQueen tiered ruffled dress - for me it was truly awful and did not look right at all. In years to come when pictures of Kate wearing that people will question her style that day. It was definitely and off day - but then again i often find she has off days when wearing McQueen.

Also the new Carolina Herrana red coat was a great addition to her vast coat wardrobe - hope to see that resurface on a winter engagement in the UK. And nice to see her in a different shoe style - the block heel is the in fashion shoe style at the minute and a good look over all on the Whitehorse engagements

Look back on the India tour you will find many people thought, she
could wear some Indian designers.

but she's not a Princess of India? :ermm:

It's not about the country, it's the point that with Kate there is always nitpicking. Oh she's in this country, why doesn't she wear this. Whereas it's not a point of conversation for any other woman, for what I see. And it is nitpicking most of the time.

I'm still not sure about today's outfit. But I was too distracted by Charlotte to really care about what Kate was wearing. Charlotte is simply adorable and so expressive.

Several posts have been deleted as off-topic - if you wish to discuss languages and whether the royals should speak/learn them, please find a more suitable thread.

Several argumentative comments have also been removed as they serve little purpose but to continue the quite annoying cycle of "person a: people always pick on Kate because she's Kate, person b: we're allowed to have opinions!" line of discussion.

Can we please move on from this? Opinions come in both positives and negatives, and if you don't like someone else's opinion, move on. This is fashion, of all things, one of the most subjective topics you can get. No one will ever agree - and that is not the end of the world.

More posts that continue arguing back and forth about the above will be removed.

I think she looks great, I love her in knits. I would remove the belt. Her hair and earrings very nice

She has worn some amazing clothes on this tour so far, unfortunately, this is not one of them. It is, quite simply, a symphony in blah!

The knitted dress is not bad, and I like the crocheted part. I dislike ruffled collar, but this one looks good on her.

The knitted dress is not too bad but it was my least favourite outfit so far during the Canada Tour.

Kate's wearing another Canadian designer today, Smythe, in the way of a lovely green wool blazer.

I quite like it, but I love a good blazer.

That braid to hold her hair back is exquisite! :clap::clap::clap: The rest is fine. I personally want and would wear the blouse.

Love the green blazer. Very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom