The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 19: July 2016 - October 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate the fact that Kate chose something that was a bit out her box. The dress is nice, but I prefer the bottom part. Not sure if it is appropriate though.

This is a complete miss. The color is nice but that is about it. It is way too busy. The pattern would be better on a Classic cutt like her blue dress yesterday. But the pleats and the over fussy layered skirt, is too much over kill. Nor to I find it much of a nod to our flag.

I do wish she would take a page from Sophie, and wear a Canadian designer. She is falling into the same pattern as India. Instead of wearing local designers, she wears her usual designers and goes for a theme. Maple leaf hat, now colours of our flag. I don't think she would have had much trouble getting confuse designs girl the trip.

I don't like it- looks like wallpaper. And why tiers?

If the Saturday arrival look was very adult, polished and elegant, this is very fresh, approachable and young. So whether we like it or not, I understand the choice. It fits with today's agenda.
I'm guessing that the hovercraft lift out to Kits Coast Guard Station will not require a change in clothing? That it's a passenger style hovercraft, rather than a more utilitarian hovercraft?

Edit - here is said hovercraft. Seems weatherproof enough. https://twitter.com/natalie_kalata/status/780125118357876736

I agree AdmirerUS. It's a good fit for today's events and while it might not be my favorite I can understand why it was selected.

i think this is a lovely fresh day dress; not in my top 10 - but appropriate and a bit of a variety from her normal solid day dresses... and as others have pointed out - very youthful - which given today's itinerary is understandable. but what surprises me is after yesterday's blue arrival outfit where the only repeated critic seemed to be about her nude shoes - no accolades for her RED shoes today.:heart:

Well quite a contrast to day 1 and although not a favourite ( I thinks as others have said the high buttoned neckline doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the dress) I love the print and the layered skirt. It is a very youthful look and reflects a different side to Kate. I don't quite get why some think it is too informal. And yes red shoes!!

I think this print might, from the waist down, have been better as a skirt, worn with a plain white top on a more informal occasion. Sorry, I just don't like this outfit at all.

The more I look at today's dress, the more I like it. The tailoring is great, the print is fresh and fun, and most important: she wore red shoes!

I like it! It seems like it would be too much, contrasting cuffs, tiers, scalloped hem and print and pearl buttons, but it does seem to go and look like fun!
Loved yesterday's outfit, esp brooch and the hair! The children, impeccable!

The style of the dress is nice but the style and the intricate embroidered fabric was just a bit too much, too heavy for a full dress like that which involved layers. The hair looked messy and with a high neck, hair should always go up, even if it was a ponytail. Moreover, I thought this dress was a bit underdressed, ideal for a more informal event.

This is was a total miss!

:previous: I have to say I agree. Even the red accessories seem too bright and glaring a red against the busy white and red pattern which toning down the colour considerably.

There are those who have alluded to fine tablecloth material and on the boards, they say she got the dress wrong as with a couple of buttons undone at the neck and red cowgirl boots she'd be dressed for a Country and Western engagement . . . to be honest, they may have a point.

I like her earrings but her hair is a mess again after such a great start. I have to agree with those that say a high neckline calls for an updo, either formal or even an elegant ponytail.

Last edited:
I see Kate's efforts to give a nod to the host country, Canada (= red/white).
But like in India she's wearing mostly UK designers trying to catch the host country theme, instead of trying a local designer.
I find especially AMcQ designs totally overpriced, eg 5.000 Euros for the red/white frock.

well I do like the red dress, despite everything she wears looks good on her, the dress is diferent...and I like to see her in something diferente some patters, not only the same colour, blue or beje....those boring coat dresses...aplause her for something diferente!:flowers:

Gives me an instant headache. Trash this one. :eek:

:previous: I have to say I agree. Even the red accessories seem too bright and glaring a red against the busy white and red pattern which toning down the colour considerably.

There are those who have alluded to fine tablecloth material and on the boards, they say she got the dress wrong as with a couple of buttons undone at the neck and red cowgirl boots she'd be dressed for a Country and Western engagement . . . to be honest, they may have a point.

I like her earrings but her hair is a mess again after such a great start. I have to agree with those that say a high neckline calls for an updo, either formal or even an elegant ponytail.
red cowboy boots and ponytail would be perfect for Country Western

But like in India she's wearing mostly UK designers trying to catch the host country theme, instead of trying a local designer.
I find especially AMcQ designs totally overpriced, eg 5.000 Euros for the red/white frock.

it's been two outfits. I'd wait until the end of the tour before raking her over the coals for only wearing non-Canadian designers.

I like the look. It's a lovely and casual outfit.

Her ensemble is ok but the skin tight pants do nothing for her.I also feel the safari jacket had a slightly ridiculous feel. I wish she had followed her husbands lead and worn what he wore, some slightly baggy cords and a sweater.

I actuall find myself liking the safari style coat. I think it is casual and fits event. I also love the boots. Give her points also for Canadian earrings :flowers:

But the pants are too tight. And not a fan of the top she is wearing under. Look is much better with the coat. By far the most interesting of her three looks.

I think the safari jacket would look better without all those pockets on the front. Side pockets that are invisible would have been just fine. I like the sweater, button-down shirt, trousers and boots ensemble. It's very casual and fitting for the event and weather.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

That would make more sense to me.

The overall look is neat but I dislike the color of the jacket, seems to a shade of yellow/cream to me and the skinny jeans almost look like leggings. Maybe a different shade would've worked better.

I think a light parka would have worked better in either red or blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom