The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 18: April 2016 - July 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's going to be the rare event where she doesn't dress like this for official engagements. Anything more modern/trendy is going to be when they are doing evening events etc. It's pretty evident that she (and the family I'd guess) don't want the attention if she wore more daring styles.

To me it seems that she deliberately downplays her wardrobe. It may be her nature or it may be her position...perhaps some of both.

LaRae

Even in her evening wear she is boring. Yes, she may dress a bit younger, but she has a pretty basic standard form for her evening wear. Except over seas when she seems to experiment a bit.

You can be modern and age appropriate without being 'daring'. I look at the CP's and young queens on the continent, who are all older than her. They find a way to balance classic silhouetes with modern colors, patterns, accessories and such. Considering the money she spends on her wardrobe, she has the room to experiment more than she does.

I agree, experiment a bit, Kate! Look at Letizia of Spain, for example, who not only wears day and evening clothes with elegance and style, but also does her hair in different ways too. Letizia doesn't wear hats/fascinators but a new hairdo can sure give a boost to an outfit. I like powder blue, but it can so often look 'mother of the bride,' and it did on this occasion.

Liked the hat very much, but it would have stood out more with a hot pink or vivid blue outfit, not adding to the general impression of a fifty year old attending a Spring wedding.

I liked her outfit for today letting the Queen shine etc. But mainly she is a boring dresser. I would also love to see her update her makeup mainly her eye makeup the smoky eye for day is so outdated and dark drawn on brows will date her look. Maybe it's an English style

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

She looks best in more retro fashions IMO. I wouldn't look for her to wear much of anything modern when working. The other royal houses are very different. Really can't compare them when it comes to wardrobe due to their circumstances.

LaRae

:previous: Different circumstances?? What is so different on the continent? They do the same kind of duties and events. They have the same kind of funding for their clothes. :ermm:

I liked her dress, personally thought it respectful and appropriate, sorry Kate doesn't have the position to experiment, especially on an occasion such as this but I didn't like her that, it looks like horns in most pictures

Very pretty coat and the intricate appliqué gives heft to her tiny figure

I dont get that she doesn't want to stand out concept. I mean, she is 34 years old, this is the age to experiment, dress the age, colors and prints. She can wear anything she likes that is appropriate but dressing like the mother of the bride of Camilla, Im sorry, thats not trying to not stand out, thats simple boring and lack of fashion sense.

She could've worn a lovely plain dress with a nice coat over it that was age appropriate. Or a nice dress summery dress. Not sure why she needs to follow the footsteps of the older generation of the royal family. It's a time to build her own identity.

I dont get that she doesn't want to stand out concept. I mean, she is 34 years old, this is the age to experiment, dress the age, colors and prints. She can wear anything she likes that is appropriate but dressing like the mother of the bride of Camilla, Im sorry, thats not trying to not stand out, thats simple boring and lack of fashion sense.

She could've worn a lovely plain dress with a nice coat over it that was age appropriate. Or a nice dress summery dress. Not sure why she needs to follow the footsteps of the older generation of the royal family. It's a time to build her own identity.

I think maybe her style is just simple. Not everyone is a fashionista.

Same coat dress different hat.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

It's a lovely look, one of Kate's best in a long time. As Dazz said, she looks young & fresh.

I didn't like the coat last year and I don't like it now, but at least, paired with that lovely hat it looks better.

The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 18: April 2016 -

I loved the dress last year. Love it this year. (Never did see how Pippa supposedly out shown her.) the lapels are lovely.

I'm not a hat/fascinator person, but this hat is awesome. She looks really good in it. It looks better than the one she had on at the christening. Her hair is styled just beautifully for the hat. She looks very sophisticated.

I loved the dress last year. Love it this year. (Never did see how Pippa supposedly out shown her.) the lapels are lovely.

I'm not a hat/fascinator person, but this hat is awesome. She looks really good in it. It looks better than the one she had on at the christening. Her hair is styled just beautifully for the hat. She looks very sophisticated.
I completely agree. It's a stunning hat with a good dress.

The dress is ok...but I really do love the hat!

LaRae

I love both of Catherine's looks. They're elegant, understated and timeless. She's not a pop star, a Hollywood actress, or a fashion model, so she doesn't need to be 'daring in her fashion choices'.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Stunningly elegant... The earrings, the side chignon and the chic hat all a bit out of her comfort zone...but the results paid off. A lovely look

Agree that the hat in the pale pink is very flattering. Wonderful hairdo and jewelry. The coat dress is wonderful but is hanging a little on her., a bitt loose.

I think the way Kate dresses is her style, she looks well put together and appropriate at events. She looks lovely today love the hat.

Beautiful and elegant look. I love her hat.

I have really love Kate's clothing the past three days. I have often wondered why she never wears anything by Victoria Beckham? Her dresses always look really flattering on the women I have seen wear them. Sophie has worn Victoria Beckham clothing so I can't imagine that the royal family would find the dresses inappropriate.

I was wondering the same for some time, VB is perfect for size 0 as Kate. Beckhams were invited to the wedding and at that time had been gushing over the BRF non-stop but he was left out for a knighthood when it should have come / made sense.

I wonder if the love is still mutual, Kate could easily promote VB clothes and it would even make sense by promoting british fashion, but she choses not to.

Not familiar with Beckham's look...is it Kate's style?

LaRae

Not familiar with Beckham's look...is it Kate's style?

LaRae

I think so. Alot of her dresses are similar to Roland Mouret. Streamlined sheaths in solid colors

Hmmm interesting....perhaps she's trying to avoid being accused of bias or favoring a 'friend'? I dunno...are they super expensive?

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom