The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 18: April 2016 - July 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Agreed except for the hat, well fascinator, part. Much better this time around. Shows how grooming and accessorizing can change the look of an outfit. Her well styled up do and red shoes looks so much sleeker and more sophisticated then the frizzy looking half do, and neutral shoes of 2011.

Its a cocktail hat, not a fascinator. Fascinators don't have large bases

Hate the fascinator:ermm: But I hate fascinators in general. Would love to see Kate in a hat like the one Lady Gabriella wore with her red dress to the thanksgiving service.

Eye of the beholder, I guess.
I hated Gabriella's hat; looked like something a beekeeper would wear.

Lovely look and lovely hairstyle with that headpiece.

Eye of the beholder, I guess.
I hated Gabriella's hat; looked like something a beekeeper would wear.

Actually not a real fan of Gabriella's red hat. I just meant a real hat, used Gabriella's as an example based more on color and style of dress even. I don't consider these 'cocktail hats' anything more than larger fascinators, definitely not a hat. And there are only a tiny handful I like.

The red outfit is great. It really suits her. I don't like the blue with peach dress. Especially that very strange big zipper.. really odd. And she looks so thin wearing such dresses. Not her best look, she diid not look well that day very tired. But the red ... yes!

Fantastic look, the color is great on her and her hat and shoes really do make the look. Her hair is done just as I've been hoping she'd wear it, so flattering to her face, and the hat size and angle are also. The deeper red of the shoes are so gorgeous and the pleating and draping of the coat dress flatter her figure. So nice to see the earrings

I am happy that Ascot, Trooping and Garter Events are over.

The highlight was on Kate 's outfits, dress , shoes , hats , jewels etc...
When you are handsome, may spent a huge amount for your outfits, it is easy

Each time She stoles the show !

Ascot isn't over. It's just starting today.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Totally should have placed the hat about 3 inches further back on the head.

Lovely coat dress. Totally expected but still appropriate. Nice color :flowers:

But that head piece :ohmy: I am sorry but that is one of her worst IMO :ermm:

I am happy that Ascot, Trooping and Garter Events are over.

While Kate has looked lovely at most events, she certainly hasn't stolen the show. Hard pressed to even have her top dressed at any of the events IMO.

And thankfully for those of us who love Ascot, it certainly is not over.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hat's pointless but the coat is okay.

The hat is silly and not pretty. The color overall is dull and old. I think she could've done something safe, classic but with a younger look.

I've liked all three of Catherine's recent outfits. The red outfit she wore to the Garter ceremony was gorgeous, and rather Edwardian in feel, which I liked as that feel can often be elegant. The dress she wore to sign the book of condolences was nice and it was thoughtful of her to wear black as a sign of mourning, too. I think the colour of her outfit today is beautiful and I also like the material of her coat. The only thing I don't like here is the hat, for the same reasons as the previous posters have stated.

Well, yes.
Kate is beautiful to begin with, so the clothes can only help.
She photographs like a model also, which gives her a huge advantage.

Her clothing choices are NOT always the best; however, they generally look the best because of her appearance. JMO.

I really like the dress she wore to sign the condolence book. It was beautiful, interesting and appropriate.

I like the coat dress. Kate wears cream well. The texture, fit and style are nice. I'm really impressed by how often she's putting her hair in up dos these days. She looks good both ways, but I do like the variety.

The fascinator would be fine if it was positioned differently, like on the side. I've yet to see a fascinator that looks good positioned dead center on the forehead sticking up like that. Reminds me of Autumn's turtle one from the thanksgiving service.

I like the brocade coat. The hat should be burned.

LaRae

while I like the brocade coat in and of itself - I prefer a more noticeable (vivid) color for Garden parties so that she can be seen in a crowd.

Also I was hoping for a reappearance of the potato chip hat at ascot (where it truly belongs) and i don't see her doing back to back beige.

but props to the larger bling earrings .... and of course the clover brooch.

Today's garden party outfit is nice, but I'm not fond of the the hat and I think the color is a little dull. Her hair looked lovely though.

I really liked all of her outfits for the Queen's birthday celebrations. The Trooping outfit was my favorite (the color combo was perfect and the hat and hairstyle looked great).

But the stand out was the red outfit from the Order ceremony. She looked stunning. It's been one of my favorites since she wore it in Canada, so I'm glad she pulled it out of her closet again.

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge and Prince William, Duke of Cambridge attend the Secretary of State’s annual Garden party at Hillsborough Castle in Northern Ireland

THE ROYAL WEEKLY — Mark Cuthbert on Twitter: “Kate in Northern...

An exquisite and refined coat. I love the color.

I don't like the print.

Well, no one can say the hat was not taking a bit of a risk. ;)

The coat is a little busy for my taste, but looks perfectly acceptable for the event.

BTW - Mrs. Tindall is also wore whopper citrines. yesterday.

Oh dear: Kate's hat looked more like a cinnamon roll than a rose. lol. That's a pity because I've always liked that cream coat, but paired with an awful hat and very strange earrings it was totally overshadowed imo.

I thought Kate looked nice in the morning, at the embassy for the condolence book, even though I was a bit surprised to see her wear such an informal frock for a solemn "event", if it can be called like that.

Kate in creme/beige/taupe today at Ascot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom