The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 18: April 2016 - July 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Catherine looks very elegant, somber and regal for the event. I love how she looks in pillbox hats. They suit her quite nicely.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

The coat is awful. I think the print is too much.

The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 18: April 2016 -

Very elegant! The pillbox hat works well on her, especially with her up-do.

She looks so classy and elegant! Love it. Love the whole look.

LaRae

Very nice hat and hairdo and earrings. The coat and shoes are perfect for the event. Her posture is very poor, however, her forward head is giving her the beginnings of a hump.

Never been a fan of those Missoni zig zags. That said, this one is sufficiently subdued that it is A-OK. And I am a fan of pillboxes, and think this one looks great on her. Thank you also to Countessmeout for identifying the earrings. They are very reminiscent of the big pearls that Diana used to wear, although I think Diana's had more prominent diamonds surrounding them. All in all, a good look. I'm so glad to finally see the beginnings of some interesting accessorizing from Catherine.

I didn't mind the outfit at all, not even the pillbox, and earrings and thank heavens for an updo and a black prncil skirt under the coat. I thought the zigzags added a note of interest that a plainer black coat wouldn't.

However, a commentator looked at the coat and stated that the zigzags didn't match up at the seams. If this is so I wonder whether the coat has been taken in.

Kate is very thin and the original garment might have swam on her. (Didn't Wallis Simpson have some quip about women after a certain age having to make a choice between face and figure?)

Last edited:
Never been a fan of those Missoni zig zags. That said, this one is sufficiently subdued that it is A-OK. And I am a fan of pillboxes, and think this one looks great on her. Thank you also to Countessmeout for identifying the earrings. They are very reminiscent of the big pearls that Diana used to wear, although I think Diana's had more prominent diamonds surrounding them. All in all, a good look. I'm so glad to finally see the beginnings of some interesting accessorizing from Catherine.

IIRC I think the earrings are fake pearls.

LaRae

I love pillbox hats, so I'm liking this look. I notice that she's been wearing a lot of updos lately.

I didn't mind the outfit at all, not even the pillbox, and earrings and thank heavens for an updo and a black prncil skirt under the coat. I thought the zigzags added a note of interest that a plainer black coat wouldn't.

However, a commentator looked at the coat and stated that the zigzags didn't match up at the seams. If this is so I wonder whether the coat has been taken in.

Kate is very thin and the original garment might have swam on her. (Didn't Wallis Simpson have some quip about women after a certain age having to make a choice between face and figure?)

No, it was Catherine Deneuve that said it.

As for the seams not matching, it was intentionally made that way. Here's a link to the coat. You can see that there are parts of the coat where the seams don't completely line up (sleeves and the back of the coat).

Missoni Long Snake Stitch Coat | Nordstrom

Last edited:
IIRC I think the earrings are fake pearls.

LaRae

Yes, according to the link I posted for the earrings from the Balenciaga website calls them silver toned fake pearl and crystal cufflink earrings.

I love pillbox hats, so I'm liking this look. I notice that she's been wearing a lot of updos lately.

No, it was Catherine Deneuve that said it.

As for the seams not matching, it was intentionally made that way. Here's a link to the coat. You can see that there are parts of the coat where the seams don't completely line up (sleeves and the back of the coat).

Missoni Long Snake Stitch Coat | Nordstrom

Interesting, soapstar. Thanks for the link.

I dont care much for Catherine's look. Its an ok look but it somehow ages her a bit. I think if she wore a proper hat, it wouldve given a younger look. The pillbox is so unflattering and aging IMO. The eye make up is a bit too heavy.

The coat itself is lovely and she wore it well. I also thought it was a nice choice for the event.

Loved Catherine in the Missoni cost and pillbox last night, I thought the whole outfit was very elegant.

People have been saying that Catherine has look old and haggard since she was 23 year old. And she has always look her age to me

Well, since this is a very important and solemn occasion,I will only say that Kate looked appropriate both yestreday and today. Older, yes, but I prefer to keep silent, at least on such an emotional day.

Loved Catherine in both the Missoni and Dolce and Gabbana. So very elegant.

Loved Catherine in both the Missoni and Dolce and Gabbana. So very elegant.

I agree, so very elegant. My only quip is that I do wish she wears British designers, especially at occasions of state and at international events.

The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 18: April 2016 -

Catherine's Dolce and Gabbana piece looks very elegant and appropriate for the occasion. I like it.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I agree she should wear British as much as possible, or on this occasion french.but I happen to,adore,this d and g. It is classic with a twist. Don't love the hat but do love the updo

I'm not sure, but this dress haven't been IDd as D&G? Many people speculate it since it's nother lace dress but I've seen no ID or confirmation from the usual people.

I like the look. It's good and ssuitable. I liked yasterday more but both are good for the occations.

This D and G dress is a new high for me. I'm not a huge fan of peplums and rounded collars - but I love it all the more because they work on this piece.
I hope she wears it again and again and then, once it's not fresh anymore, gives it to Charlotte for dress up. I'd have been over the moon to play dress up in a dress like this. The museums and auctions be damned! ;)

She wears British designers, more often than not

I agree, so very elegant. My only quip is that I do wish she wears British designers, especially at occasions of state and at international events.

She has worn British designers for a ton of big occasion. McQueen especially.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom