The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 17: January 2016 - April 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The dress is lovely. I love her hair.

Beautiful dress! Exquisite design. One of my favorites so far.

I'm really liking all the Temperley dresses she's worn so far...well all of her dresses really except not a fan of the peplum on the red print dress, can't remember the designer of that one, a Packham perhaps?

LaRae

Love both of these dresses on Catherine. The jade color and design of the second one and her hair is fabulous.

Those long and lovely dresses

I must admit I am covetous of Catherine's daytime dresses. Back in the day in my hippie days, I wore very similar ones.

I like both of the dresses that she wore today. Her hair looks nice for both occasions but I really do like the updo.

Yes this style of updo really suits her.

LaRae

I really like the red dress a lot. The print is great on her and the color. I like she did a half up do as well. I love that she is showing she can in fact wear flats (would have been great if she had worn them with the cricket dress instead of wedges).

The only thing that bothers me is the color of the shoes doesn't seem to go with the outfit. They almost look like they were intended for the cricket dress as they would have gone with the more subdued colors better then this dress.

As for the green. I Absolutely LOVE the color of the dress. Her hair is great, and her earrings as well. The over all length and style of the dress is great but I am not a lace fan, and the patterned lace and how it is laid out on the dress is a bit distracting for me (too much). But over all still a great look, though she needs some support.

This has been a fun tour for fashion. All of the bright colors (save the white dress) and prints! It makes me wonder how she will re-wear many of these outfits as they are so memorable. It's not a bad problem to have!

I seriously adore the red dress. Not a huge fan of the green Temperley but it's OK. I think it could somehow be styled a little more, maybe a different pair of shoes, or some bangles or something in her hair. This trip would provide the perfect opportunity for some hair ornaments, flowers, whatever.

I'm not sure if I should feel uncomfortable that she wore a very inexpensive dress to meet the poor kids, and a very expensive one for lunch. I'm not uncomfortable with it, and I don't know what the solution would be. I do think she looks great, and appropriate and I love the fact that she went with flats for once.

As to the problem that we cannot talk about...getty images has a photo that is a bit more revealing than the other ones I've seen.

I understand the dresses and the costs. It doesn't bother me. I think even if she had been back in the UK, and visiting any children, it would have been the same. It speaks more to the event itself then to the wealth of the people she is visiting. If she was home in the UK, you would expect her to wear something fancier to have lunch with the PM, then what she wore to visit say a school.

Last edited:
Several years ago the moderators (and several posters) forbade/discouraged us from discussing the appearance of the Duchess of Cornwall's poitrine. Perhaps it would be best if we discontinued this line of commenting as well. It's tasteless and pointless.

This is a fashion issue because undergarments can make or break an outfit.

However, if someone started talking about her body itself, that would be a problem IMO.

if someone started talking about her body itself, that would be a problem IMO.

Altho' [appropriately enough for India] it is rather 'the Elephant in the room' !

lol Wyevale, thank you for that :flowers:
I'm conflicted about the green (is it almost turquoise?) dress, way too much lace IMO, and I love lace, and the vertical strips on the bodice are not flattering, bad choice there. The trim at the neck and wrists looks uncomfortable. I love her hair up like this, really suits her, and love the earrings. Those nude pumps need to go in the bin with the wedges though. :ninja:

Not a miss today. I really like both dresses. A more fun style suits her really well

I like both caftans/tunics that Kate wore today. I really think this should be a look she ought to choose more often, because it complementes her style so well: neated shapes but with intricate and interesting motives.

No sure about the turquoise/green dress. That high collar should go.

This is a fashion issue because undergarments can make or break an outfit.

However, if someone started talking about her body itself, that would be a problem IMO.

Since we don't know what kind-if any-undergarment she is wearing, or if there is one built into her dress, we are, in effect, talking about her body.

They call them unmentionables for a reason, and unless we are talking about a black bra with a white dress, there is no reason to mention them.

As my southern lady grandmother said, "no lady should ever mention her unmentionables, or those of another lady."

I must admit I am covetous of Catherine's daytime dresses. Back in the day in my hippie days, I wore very similar ones.

This was my thought as well! I love the red dress.

April 12, 2016 - Catherine in a maxi printed dress looking lovely. This dress looks like it's by an Indian designer. I love the color, the print and the black detailing. Her hair looks nice today with this look.

Full view ** Different views

I like the edge of blue at the end of the sleeves. This color blue contrasts quite well with the red.

Love the red maxi dress, it looked comfortable, she was able to sit easily with the children, and the flats were a good idea. Very nice simple hairdo too.
the Green dress was superb! Her hairdo and earrings were so flattering, very good high neck for her, and following her theme of "see through" sleeves, etc whenever possible. The skirt was lined to a much lower hem than the model, however. The gores in a shiny fabric on the skirt just terrific and eye catching.
I did notice that her bustline needed more support, not something you want to notice. Undergarments, whether it is bust support, slip, hose, are extremely important. There are other royal ladies who sometimes fall short in this area, detracting from their appearance. To me it is the same as saying something is too loose, or too tight. Yes, that does involve the body, but proper fitting is paramount to fashion.

Last edited:
I thought it was a nice casual outfit for the safari.

Last edited:
They're very tight jeggings, so hope they are comfy for climbing in and out of vehicles etc. Kate's dress worn today is pink, reasonably short and quite nice. I am getting a wee bit tired of ethnic prints and black trim on Kate's day clothing though.

:previous: Call me boring, call me old fashioned, but I think jeggings do absolutely nothing flattering for Catherine and have no place on an official tour. To my way of thinking they don't even belong at a polo match but rather hanging around home, hanging the washing or a mad dash to the supermarket.

The 'sprayed-on' look creates a weird 'shrinking effect. Large head tapering to smaller feet, all out of proportion. Worse, she missed the chance to debut a new chic casual and functional style. Jeggings we can see her wear any time, and we do.

Last edited:
Out of the stock in the site....It's a very beautiful dress love to see her on it...she has such beautiful dresses this trip, love them all:flowers:

Out of the stock in the site....It's a very beautiful dress love to see her on it...she has such beautiful dresses this trip, love them all:flowers:

I wonder how many were in stock for it to be sold out so fast :)

I like most of her dresses/outfits so far on this trip as well, young, colorful, prints. These are types of dresses I wish he would wear more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom