The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 17: January 2016 - April 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The dress looks nice on her and appropriate for the setting. Once again she's wearing a red tone that really warms up her coloring, I like this trend. I do think she could stand to gain a few pounds, for some reason this dress is accentuating it for me. I can't see much of her shoes, but I don't think they're wedges so thumbs up for that as well. Would like a better view of the earrings, but she's got her hair half up so you can see them, so IMO overall a successful ensemble. :flowers:

Another lovely colour and print. I hope the fabrics and designs she is wearing on this tour have an impact on her wardrobe in the UK. I wonder if Kate will wear a Kurta ( tunic top) with trousers at some point I think it will really suit her. I remember Diana looked stunning when she wore one in Pakistan

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

As said above this is a fashion thread! Please do also refrain from discussing any weight issues! Thank you!

The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 17: January 2016 -

April 12, 2016 - Catherine in a maxi printed dress looking lovely. This dress looks like it's by an Indian designer. I love the color, the print and the black detailing. Her hair looks nice today with this look.

Full view ** Different views

Lovely look this morning :) bright colours!

I like the colour of the dress but don't think the dusty pink shoes go too well with it. Perhaps flat shoes of the same design, but the same colour as the blue grey above the black trim on the hem?

Last edited:
I think her dress makers would learn by now to add a few weights to her hemline and preserve her modesty . The wind exposing her private parts is definitely not a good look for anyone . especially a future queen.

The Duchess of Cambridge struggles to stop her dress flapping in the wind as she and William lay a wreath at India's national war memorial

Kate struggles to control her £1,700 dress as she and William lay a wreath at Delhi war memorial on Indian tour*

Seriously, they are at wreath laying ceremony and Kate struggles to stop her dress and hair flapping in the wind???
Hasn't she learned from previous incidents?? It's not a holiday, how about suitable clothing, I wish somebody would tell her got get it right, she's been a Princess for many years now.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/04/11/12/330F0FD800000578-3533405-image-a-52_1460372475902.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/04/11/12/330F106E00000578-3533405-image-a-54_1460372717962.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/04/11/12/330F111600000578-3533405-image-a-55_1460372804786.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/04/11/11/330EFE3F00000578-3533405-image-a-43_1460371614707.jpg

It's either a bad joke or she likes the attention that such pictures create.

I think her dress makers would learn by now to add a few weights to her hemline and preserve her modesty . The wind exposing her private parts is definitely not a good look for anyone . especially a future queen. The Queen put weights in her dresses in the past I think

I like the colour of the dress but don't think the dusty pink shoes go too well with it. Perhaps flat shoes of the same design, but the same colour as the blue grey above the black trim on the hem?

The Temperley two-piece is the best Kate's worn yet. Absolutely gorgeous. But as i said someone needs to teach her about weighted hems. :ermm:

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the last dress, but it seams a bit to heavy for her because of the strong colours...maybe some lighter colours, rose, pale, white are better for long dresses like this one...so they can look a bit ligth on her because...However I like it:flowers:

Kate looks great in that red hippie dress with her hair down, because it goes with the look. However, she looks truly regal with her hair up and tastefully dressed in that green dress. Lovely. She should in the main, wear her hair up. It takes years off her.

I think she has looked great this tour lots of lovely color. Yes, her dress flew up but they have all had this happen even the Queen . There are certain fabrics that can not be weighted it would ruin the hem. This info came from the Queens dress not all of the Queens dresses are weighted.

In India white is the color for mourning , Kate was appropriate at the memorial.

I have no doubt that a lot of research and planning go into what she wears on these tours
and in no way would she wear anything inappropriate at an event such as this.

Last edited by a moderator:
In India white is the color for mourning , Kate was appropriate at the memorial.

I have no doubt that a lot of research and planning go into what she wears on these tours
and in no way would she wear anything inappropriate at an event such as this.

Kate looks and behaves beautifully, but with some nasty people she will be damned for whatever she does or whatever she doesn't.

Love that colour green on Kate in the lunch dress with the Indian President. Green can be a hard colour to wear but that shade is beautiful. Very tasteful, though the neck on the dress would be too scratchy for me!There is an issue with the bra line but the dress is a good length. Great that Kate wore an up do. It suits her.

Love that colour green on Kate in the lunch dress with the Indian President. Green can be a hard colour to wear but that shade is beautiful. Very tasteful, though the neck on the dress would be too scratchy for me!There is an issue with the bra line but the dress is a good length. Great that Kate wore an up do. It suits her.

How lovely to know that they respect our Queen and made a cake in honour of her 90th. :) ... Kate is tall enough to wear the midi dress; that turquoise colour looks good on her and the hair is really nice up. She is having a great tour, actually both are.

I thought the green dress awful, and I think part of the reason is she does need better support, as you mention.

I thought the long red dress beautiful. The Indian styles she is trying to evoke suit her.

Love the red dress...color and style are great for her. The green dress with the up hair is even better. The dress feels very retro. Elegant/classy.

LaRae

I like the red tunic, it suits her well and fit in with the set and country.

Love both the red and green dress.

I like the red dress and of course the hair, I love it when she has half up doos, it suits her so much (she looks so young with these). I have mixed feeling about the flats, finally she wears something confortable and suited for the ocasion (I am comparing with the cricket game), but I would perfer another color to match the dress.

The green dress is so beautiful, I love the touch at the end. The hairstyle looks good as well. A big HIT!

With all these Indian fashions she is bringing, I really hope she wears in Bhutan their national clothes!!! I'm hoping for that!

I thought the green dress awful, and I think part of the reason is she does need better support, as you mention.

I thought the long red dress beautiful. The Indian styles she is trying to evoke suit her.
Completely agree Gracie! Loved the red, perfect for the event and I actually loved that she wore flats. The green dress would have been lovely if there had been better "support" as you guys mentioned. Loved the hair both occasions, pulled back and out of her face, the earrings with the green dress were quite pretty.

That green is perfect! She's knocking it out of the park!

The red dress is from UK Company Glamorous costing £35 and her flat shoes are from Russell and Bromley.
Duchess Kate: UPDATED: William and Kate Meet Vulnerable Children in Delhi

The maxi dress seems highly suitable for the event with the children especially when she spent time sitting on the floor doing art.
One thing i have noticed about this trip and recent events prior to this is Kate's fondness for suede shoes - she is in a new flat pair today, and has worn numerous pairs recently. I always think suede is a tricky shoe to wear in certain weathers or in the dusty nature of India and can easily get ruined. But it is a fabric of shoe Kate is favouring

I do love the Jade Temperley dress for the lunch - the length is the favoured one at the minute and the colour is so striking. The high collar and lace selves work really well. She is back in her LK Bennett shoes from day 1 and new earrings from her favourite place Kiki McDonough
Duchess Kate: Elegant Kate in Jade Temperley London for Lunch with Prime Minister Modi

I do feel her daytime looks have been getting better and better - from a very bad shaky start for me to this lovely piece.

I loved the print dress; I thought it looked much better than the green even though it cost a tiny fraction of what the Temperley dress cost!

Don't think she's wearing one by the look of it and the problem we can't talk about is looking more and more obvious.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

April 12, 2016 - Catherine in a maxi printed dress looking lovely. This dress looks like it's by an Indian designer. I love the color, the print and the black detailing. Her hair looks nice today with this look.

She is looking very lovely in the dress :flowers: Her hair is stunning.

I think it is a nice colour, just wish the dress was floor length instead. Her hairdo looks pretty neat and tidy too.

Very nice dress!

The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 17: January 2016 -

I like the red and the green dress. Catherine looked very elegant design during both engagements.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I think the green dress is lovely but someone mentioned that she might need a better bra, I think she isn't wearing a bra at all and that might be the problem. She would have to wear a structure strapless one with that dress and maybe the top was too fitted to accommodate one. Just guessing.

Ok what am I missing about the bra thing? She's not very chesty to begin with and you can't see anything...are you talking about the positioning?

LaRae

The dress is lovely. I love her hair.

Beautiful dress! Exquisite design. One of my favorites so far.

Several years ago the moderators (and several posters) forbade/discouraged us from discussing the appearance of the Duchess of Cornwall's poitrine. Perhaps it would be best if we discontinued this line of commenting as well. It's tasteless and pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom