The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 17: January 2016 - April 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There were some shots showing the dress skirt went very high from the front view but due to the angle you, thankfully, didn't see the goods...I saw a couple like this...on one of the links posted in one of the threads today.

I thought to myself..oh boy, she will be lucky if there aren't some that turn up from a different camera angle.

LaRae

No one wants to have to deal with wardrobe malfunctions, but unfortunately they happen. I mean last year Camilla had two wind incidents (that I can recall) - one in Australia and the other at Charlotte's christening. Yet, the media chooses to focus only on Kate.

The media always focuses on the windblown dresses.
These are the stories the media wants as they sell.
Camilla at the christening was the major story as was Camilla arriving in New Zealand on the tarmac.

There are more pictures of Diana through the years with windblown dresses.:whistling:

In Camilla and Catherine's defense, most of their clothes are not custom made. They are ready to wear even if they are designer clothes they are still ready to wear and not custom made. Adding weights may not always be an option to ready to wear clothes. Or adding enough weights may not be feasible based on the hem.

I believe all or nearly all the clothes worn by the Queen and Diana were custom made so adding weight was/is easier yet both the Queen and Diana had several incidences of windblown dresses so it is wrong to criticize Catherine, Camilla or Sophie if the wind gets the better of their clothes.

As far as the cream dress with the flaps at the bosoms, the dress is poorly made. The hems at the sleeves are extremely thick and the flaps do nothing to enhance the outfit.

I did like the full skirt but so did the wind.:lol:
If the skirt hem was as thick as the sleeve hem maybe the wind would not have had a chance but then it would have looked bulky.

Last edited:
Standing ovation for this post!!

Royal watchers have so many ideas about protocol and what is acceptable and none of it is based in fact. I'm still waiting for someone to link me to the mysterious BRF protocol list that forbids black dresses, skirts about the knee and high heels.

Not to mention protocol about showing yourself bare, behind, front and centre. But Kate is unique at that. Perhaps it's a new Royal protocol of her own. She's certainly promoted it quite a few times since her marriage.

In one of those videos you can hear a reporter say, "look out for (up her?) dress" and then the shutter clicks really go wild...how embarrassing (and the look on her face shows she knows what's happening isn't good). Shame on the photographers, but you know, shame on Catherine, too. I would think she would do anything to save herself some embarrassment at the hands of reporters, so why the constant thigh (and more) flashing? A more narrow skirt wouldn't do this, is it a matter of her not wanting to look unfashionable? I don't get it, I feel sorry for her feeling picked on, but she's kind of feeding the flames. JMO

Gross, gross, gross. I can't wait for the day when we don't feel the need to attack a woman for daring wear a skirt not weighted down and for the day when people don't feel the need to photograph it and spread those photographs all over the place.

I am so tired of seeing these photos all over tumblr and the internet and then in the misguided attempt to show it isn't just Kate, people are posting all of the royal women it's happened to.

Just disgusting.

I long for the day when a royal woman doesn't feel the need to wear a skirt at all but considers it quite in order to wear a well tailored pants suit or trousers with jacket. There would be no Marilyn moments if they wore trousers. And I long for the day when royal women don't feel the need to walk around in foot-crippling and distorting pointed toed shoes with absurdly high heels.

One windblown skirt makes for a lot of good conversations doesn't it? Whether we feel its no big deal, big deal or even a monstrous offense, one thing I will bet my last Nutty Buddy ice cream cone on is that very few (if any) who were actually at the ceremony noticed or paid attention to it besides the reporters hoping to catch a good shot that could be flashed around the world in a split second.

One windblown skirt makes for a lot of good conversations doesn't it? Whether we feel its no big deal, big deal or even a monstrous offense, one thing I will bet my last Nutty Buddy ice cream cone on is that very few (if any) who were actually at the ceremony noticed or paid attention to it besides the reporters hoping to catch a good shot that could be flashed around the world in a split second.

I wouldn't call most of this good conversation or even conversation.

And I agree, the "event" probably was hardly noticed by most, if anyone other than the photographers, at the time. Certainly not quick enough for anyone to see anything.

The whole thing is absurd. :bang:

If you look at the pictures, the wind blowing the skirt was a very brief and insignificant moment-
The Cambridges

The Cambridges

cambridge-inspiration: The Duke and Duchess of...

She did nothing wrong during the little ceremony. The DM highliging it and peoples overreaction is making it seem like something bad happened. Catherine remained composed, dignified and graceful as always.

Dman, If there was anything amiss, was it not the wind? Catherine had no control over wind. You are correct: The Duchess was dignified.
:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

The dress blew up again the hair all over the show I am not a great Kate fan but honestly this is just too unprofessional IMO she has loads of people to help her get with it is all I can say.

The dress blew up again the hair all over the show I am not a great Kate fan but honestly this is just too unprofessional IMO she has loads of people to help her get with it is all I can say.

One day she too will be able to totally defy the laws of physics, like a good woman should!

(The Queen has had her skirt photographed blowing up. So has the Duchess of Cornwall. We see it less partially because they wear heavier styles that would be aging and not appropriate on Kate and partially because the press is less interested in their legs)

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

There are plenty of styles of skirts that would not make her like an old woman and wouldn't blow up either. Or proper weights. Yes it happens to all royal women it doesn't happen repeatedly to them though. Usually people learn their lesson.

There are plenty of styles of skirts that would not make her like an old woman and wouldn't blow up either. Or proper weights. Yes it happens to all royal women it doesn't happen repeatedly to them though. Usually people learn their lesson.

Her wardrobe is fine. She can't predict when a gust of wind will come. She handled everything with a great deal of professionalism, and when you look at the pictures, the wind only caught her dress in a matter of seconds. The whole time of the ceremony her dress was down. She did her job, but people just got carried away with the windy pics.

William's suit got caught in the wind too and we got a full glimps of his behind, I don't see anyone having a fit over his pics. Double standard is in play, because it's Catherine, she's a woman and people are on the lookout for her to put a foot wrong.

William's behind is covered...if he was wearing a kilt in Scot style and the wind blew it up then it'd be the same as what happens with Kate.

I'm a big fan of Kate...I just think the blowing skirt issue gets old when there is a way to minimize it.

LaRae

oh posh, the ceremony was over in a few seconds and it looked to me as if even before she laid the wreath she was trying to hold down her skirt and the whole way through the wreath laying she was holding her dress down and her hair was everywhere...I love the revisionist history in some of the comments here. She was uncomfortable, the military gentlemen near her also seemed to notice. Bad form to be wrestling with your clothes during something as simple as laying a wreath. I for one try to have a balanced view of Catherine, I love some of the things she wears/does and some things are a miss. And I will now sit down and be quiet. :flowers:

William's behind is covered...if he was wearing a kilt in Scot style and the wind blew it up then it'd be the same as what happens with Kate.

I'm a big fan of Kate...I just think the blowing skirt issue gets old when there is a way to minimize it.

LaRae

Yeah, but it's not good to see his butt like that at such an important ceremony. I mean when will this guy learn to put weights in the vents of his jackets. It has happened to him several times before. I just get tired of him not fixing this problem. ;)

Last edited:
what a juvenile response

Princess Mary seems to always wear pencil skirts and hair back with hat at cemeteries, now I know why.

The dress was pretty without the flaps. She really looks great in that full skirt and hem length. I am glad she is finally wearing some styles that only the tall can wear, much more interesting to take advantage of her height.

http://whatkatewore.com/

Neat site showing what Kate has worn. Head to toe...nice info.

LaRae

Yeah, but it's not good to see his butt like that at such an important ceremony. I mean when will this guy learn to put weights in the vents of his jackets. It has happened to him several times before. I just get tired of him not fixing this problem. ;)

No one is seeing the royal jewels ...he's not the one repeatedly getting caught out. Seeing his behind fully covered in pants has nothing to do with what's happening to Kate.

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
No one is seeing the royal jewels ...he's not the one repeatedly getting caught out. Seeing his behind fully covered in pants has nothing to do with what's happening to Kate.

LaRae

She was fully covered. All people saw was a floaty skirt and that was only a few seconds. I guess that's enough to send her to the Tower.

To be fair though, seeing William's behind, even in pants, wasn't appropriate either, I think. He should at least put some weights in his vents to at least prevent the wind from catching his jacket. A tush should never be exposed no matter what. :whistling:

Last edited:
I think her outfits have been nice, but I didn't get the top pockets on her cream dress. Maybe that's just the fashion that's in these days.

Where is William's share of criticism for this?;)
William, Kate, George & Charlotte - damn William, flashing that ass! have some shame!...
I thought the dress was beautifully styled except for the obvious and indelicate placement of the 'pocket flaps' pointing to her breasts. Since there were no actual pockets, one has to wonder what on earth was the point. Unfortunately, as often occurs, Catherines loose hair obscured the design of the collar and neckline.

As to Williams share of criticism for this? He is not his wife's keeper or dresser and any intimation that he should be will be met with howls of outrage. However should he ever be in a position to make us question his underwear I am sure he will get his share of criticism too.

I am stunned at the enormous number of apologists who seem to either blame everyone else or blame the press for Catherine's latest wardrobe malfunction. Catherine chose to leave her hair loose and wear a full round skirt to a Wreath Laying at a National Memorial. Neither the dress nor her hairstyle was appropriate for this type of occasion but, as has often been the case, Catherine has ignored the importance of the engagement and dressed to suit herself.

Those who believe she has the right to wear whatever she chooses are very much mistaken. Willliam and she are there representing HM, Queen Elizabeth II and her Government. They are not tourists on a private holiday although, for all the sniping about the press photographers, I can't see the point as even the DM omitted a couple of more revealing photos, as indeed they did when the same thing occurred in Canada, Australia, and NZ.

The number of times the public have been graced with flashes of Catherine's bare buttocks is well into double digits and it almost seems that she is on a mission to flash the Commonwealth leaving only one question (metaphorically) behind her, commando or thong. And if you think such cavalier behaviour is acceptable for your Princess and future Queen, I do not!

I know I will be hunted down for saying this but I don't like anything Kate wears lately. I'm always disappointed it's not fashion it's not classic it's just plain boring. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

One day she too will be able to totally defy the laws of physics, like a good woman should!

(The Queen has had her skirt photographed blowing up. So has the Duchess of Cornwall. We see it less partially because they wear heavier styles that would be aging and not appropriate on Kate and partially because the press is less interested in their legs)

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Please this is too much ... this woman is NOT like the rest of us .. she is consistently allowing this situation to occur ... defy ... gravity .. please!!!

She was fully covered. All people saw was a floaty skirt and that was only a few seconds. I guess that's enough to send her to the Tower.

To be fair though, seeing William's behind, even in pants, wasn't appropriate either, I think. He should at least put some weights in his vents to at least prevent the wind from catching his jacket. A tush should never be exposed no matter what. :whistling:

There's a couple pics out there where due to the angle you can see well up her leg, she can count herself lucky if pics from a different angle don't show up soon. Not that we haven't seen it all before....and that's part of the issue.

Your second comment still makes no sense. He's wearing pants. His jacket blows up and we see pants. We don't see skin.

LaRae

I know I will be hunted down for saying this but I don't like anything Kate wears lately. I'm always disappointed it's not fashion it's not classic it's just plain boring. IMO

Not even some of her evening ensembles? Or are you just talking daytime fashion?

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
Not even some of her evening ensembles? Or are you just talking daytime fashion?

LaRae

Some evening wear has been nice but then there's usually the hair issue and you don't get to see earrings etc as I said just MO

There's a couple pics out there where due to the angle you can see well up her leg, she can count herself lucky if pics from a different angle don't show up soon. Not that we haven't seen it all before....and that's part of the issue.

Your second comment still makes no sense. He's wearing pants. His jacket blows up and we see pants. We don't see skin.

LaRae

We saw a little leg. I once saw Camilla's upper thigh to know she have a mole or birthmark. I saw tons of her legs, Diana's, The Queen's, Sarah, Beatrice's as well. It happens but it's not the end of the world like some make it out to be.

We have to stop holding these royals up to very high perfection. They will have wardrobe slip ups or the wind will get the best of them from time to time. They are human and suffer the same mishaps we all go through. The point is they go on doing their job no matter what. They don't have time to focus on the little and insignificant stuff others focus on.

Catherine didn't suffer from an embarrassment during the little ceremony, because she handled the situation very quickly and focused on the wreath laying. Others have blown the few pics out of proportion.

Further posts about Catherine's incident of dress blowing up will be deleted. Please let's get back on topic and discuss her fashion choices.​

April 12, 2016 - Catherine in a maxi printed dress looking lovely. This dress looks like it's by an Indian designer. I love the color, the print and the black detailing. Her hair looks nice today with this look.

Full view ** Different views

Last edited:
It's quite a nice dress but I'm afraid the overall impression left for me by the photos of Kate wearing it is 'Is Kate fading away?' I'm being serious. This dress shows a very thin person, to the extent of being gaunt. I just keep looking at the arms, covered though they are by material, the breast area, the waist, and thinking 'If Kate moves sideways she'll practically disappear.'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom