The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 17: January 2016 - April 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's better than the green coat !

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

It was a really lovely dress/sit that Kate wore yesterday. That oink/peach color looks gorgeous on her.

Standing out/attention catching doesn't always equal winner. Some of the most memorable outfits on the red carpet are the 'what was she thinking' outfits. A bright color will always stand out among dark business suits plain and simple. That's not to say that the outfit isn't appropriate, not a fan of the pattern but the style is great, but 'standing out' is not the same as 'winner'.

Last edited by a moderator:
FINALLY, a hat with a brim.. which suits her so well. Being so slender [when she wears a small hat, or 'percher'] she looks like a Pencil..

Last edited:
FINALLY, a hat with a brim.. which suits her so well. Being so slender [when she wears a small hat, or 'percher'] she looks like a Pencil..

Lovely as the outfit is, why can she not reuse one of the many ensembles she has previously used?

I love this latest outfit on Catherine and the hat really does suit her well! I never minded the small hats, but the wider brim seems more sophisticated to me!

Annual Commonwealth Service at Westminster Abbey

Kate looked resplendent in a £2,500 grey coat by Erdem and an unusually large hat by 90-year-old John Boyd, a new milliner for her, based in Knightsbridge

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/03/14/15/322ED84200000578-3491588-image-m-103_1457969667858.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/03/14/15/322EDC8000000578-3491588-image-a-104_1457969676145.jpg

I like this outfit and I agree, a great hat for once!

Duchess of Cambridge wears a muted £2,500 Erdem coat and matching hat by Princess Diana's favourite milliner | Daily Mail Online

I love the hat the coat is a really lovely grey but I think it is too long for her skinny frame.

In a perfect world I'd like every one of you who complain about the endless fascinators to express love for this hat. Ditto all the Max Hat fans.
I know I am dreaming. :lol:

Its looks quite heavy and the colour is more wintery considering the last few days in the UK where temperatures have been averaging about 15 it looks too much for today but it was obviously an outfit not planned with the thought of warm sunny spring weather.
I was hoping that we might have seen the dove grey easter sunday outfit by McQueen worn in Sydney on their australia tour in 2014 - would love to see that outfit again.

Absolutely IN LOVE! But it's crying out for an up do. That hat is superb though.

I'm dancing a jig to see her in a full-brimmed hat. I think it looks very sophisticated on her. I'm one who likes the smaller hats, too, but this is quite elegant. Well done, Kate! :flowers:

By Canadian designer Erdem - Nice Commonwealth touch

Love the coat and hat...you can even see she has a nice french tip manicure. Very well presented. I also like Harry's look, love that suite and tie!

LaRae

Do we have any idea what dress she's wearing?

LaRae

Its looks quite heavy and the colour is more wintery considering the last few days in the UK where temperatures have been averaging about 15 it looks too much for today but it was obviously an outfit not planned with the thought of warm sunny spring weather.
I was hoping that we might have seen the dove grey easter sunday outfit by McQueen worn in Sydney on their australia tour in 2014 - would love to see that outfit again.

i was expecting the dove grey McQueen as well. but I expect that was a very light weight dress and coat. but I do think this Erdem was a nice addition to her wardrobe.

I'm glad she actually wore a hat, and not those silly small hats.

That coat looks like it was attacked by a doily that was a bit too small to fully cover it.

I like that she is wearing what I consider to be a real hat. It suits her so much better than those awful things she normally attaches to her forehead. Unfortunately she chose to pair it with a hideous coat. The pattern on the fabric looks like one of those dot pictures that you have to stare at to find the picture. The style is her basic same old boring coat.

I love she wore a real hat. I hate her little fascinator or pill box hats:flowers:

Really like the color of the dress. Prefer it to the 2014 look color and even style of the coat wise. But I don't like the doily lace look. It is the second look recently that I have liked/loved the over all style (the red print) but the pattern has ruined it for me.

Love the coat and really love the hat. Hope she wears more real hats from now on.

She looks lovely. The coat is beautiful. Such a regal style.

Whether you like the suit or not - in a group of photos, that dress stands out as a winner. Attention grabbing and appropriate. Duke Of Cambridge Pictures And Photos | Getty Images
I was happily surprised to see Catherine in this suit. Both the colour and the original fresh style flattered her figure and seemed tailor-made for her role, making her stand out in a very good way. I wondered if she was finally going to take a leaf out of HM's book and start bringing some real colour into her ensembles.

Unfortunately, that hope was short-lived as the Commonwealth Day service was a total bust where, instead of standing out, she made every effort to fade into obscurity. Even the Daily Fail called the ensemble "muted". The individual elements of the ensemble were good, the style of the grey hat was gorgeous but as already posted, cried out for an updo. It would have given her an air of sophistication and lifted the entire ensemble. Her clutch and shoes were very elegant and also very grey. As to the grey and black coat, it had a really boring but very familiar silhouette, and for crying out loud, black polka-dots and black lace? From a distance, it was just plain dull and dreary, unlike HM's ensemble.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/03/14/15/322EDE5900000578-0-image-a-51_1457970391619.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/03/14/17/322F911000000578-3491588-image-a-1_1457977704691.jpg

The only plus of the close-up was being able to see the detail. Unfortunately, she looked overwhelmed by it.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/03/14/15/322EDBB700000578-0-image-m-41_1457970142527.jpg

Now would have been a time to bring out the pizzaz! Spring has sprung so how about something like this with an appropriate real hat. She would have looked wonderful, just like she was attending a service of celebration instead of attending a funeral.

SS 16 — EPONINE LONDON

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom