The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 17: January 2016 - April 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I quite like the white dress. Its good to come out of the closet. I am a bit surprised with the neckline, her day outfits she has been very cautious to be modest in these traditional countries. I wouldn't bat an eye at the neckline back home, but seemed deep for India/Bhutan. I adore the necklace the queen gave her on parting.

The blue and white is probably her best day look. I haven't been overly fond of her attempt at Indian prints but this one really worked. I loved she used an Indian designer for this event. The color and style looks great on her.

I quite like the white dress. Its good to come out of the closet. I am a bit surprised with the neckline, her day outfits she has been very cautious to be modest in these traditional countries. I wouldn't bat an eye at the neckline back home, but seemed deep for India/Bhutan. I adore the necklace the queen gave her on parting.

Perhaps she chose the dress especially to show off the necklace?

I do think it's a good thing Kate wore a couple of items she'd worn before; critics can't say she splurged on an entirely new wardrobe.

:previous: Her outfits would have been planned out well in advance of the trip. Unless she was told beforehand she would receive such a gift, I think it a happy coincidence.

Love the blue and white Taj dress. It's perfect. Lower heels would have been better. But the dress is a big thumbs up! Takes inspiration from the region but in no way even touching on costume-y, as a couple of her outfits earlier have done.
Kinda wishing there was a big tiara event on this trip, but oh well.

Really not bothered about the white dress - neither liked it or disliked it. Love the dress for the Taj Mahal both style and colours. I do hope we see some of these outfits again in the UK.

I think Kate had done this trip she can't be accused of misappropriating Indian style.

I liked the effect of the white McQueen suit but wondered at the deep neckline in Bhutan. The style of the Taj Mahal dress is one that suits Catherine very well, as to the design, the jury is still out.

ps: I think it would have been appropriate for Catherine to wear a camisole with the white McQueen ensemble. Her bra was plainly visible right across her back through the Broderie Anglaise.

Last edited:
I love the dress she wore during the Taj Mahal visit! Beautiful!

She looked amazing in both dresses, especially her Naeem Khan dress, which matched the scene very well.

I was astounded that they did they taj shot. Good for them. Catherine looked so beautiful in the blue and white, looked well with William. Why does he wear brown shoes with the blue?

I was astounded that they did they taj shot. Good for them. Catherine looked so beautiful in the blue and white, looked well with William. Why does he wear brown shoes with the blue?

I would have been astounded if they didn't

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

He does that to irritate us. And it works. His posture seated on that bench is atrocious, BTW. ;)

Kate: Your favourite India/Bhutan tour outfit

what was your favourite India/Bhutan tour outfit for Kate?

hard to choose but for me the best were, in order of preference:

Naeem Khan Resort dress in blue and white
Temperley London black and white dress
Paul and Joe cape and traditional Bhutanese skirt
Tory Burch tulle gown

an account of all outfits is at:

The real cost of the Duchess's outfits during her seven-day royal tour | Daily Mail Online

here's the list:

Alexander McQueen outfit
Anita Dongre dress
Blue Jenny Packham gown
White Emilia Wickstead dress
Temperley London black and white dress
Red maxidress
Temperley London green dress
Anna Sui green dress
Safari outfit
Topshop pink dress
Emilia Wickstead coat dress in butter yellow
Paul and Joe cape and traditional Bhutanese skirt
Tory Burch tulle gown
Beulah red gown
Hike to 'Tiger’s Nest' monastery outfit
White Alexander McQueen top and skirt
Naeem Khan Resort dress in blue and white

mods: can we create a poll?

Last edited:

A gentleman wears brown shoes at the weekend ?

Kate wore mostly lovely dresses, but I think that the cobalt blue gown worn in Mumbai, as well as the last outift at the Taj Mahal are top contenders.

A poll has been planned and should be up soon. So stay tuned!

That's what British men do, that's our culture. Smart casual us always with brown shoes.

I haven't posted for a while but was inspired to check in by photos of the Taj Majal visit. I absolutely adored the Naeem Khan Resort dress. It almost seemed designed for a trip to the Taj Majal.

Catherine looks great, as usual. I didn't look like that after my second child, and I ran after them a lot.

Time to close this thread! Thanks for all your contributions! The new thread can be found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom