The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 17: January 2016 - April 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If her ring is on her finger, then she knows where it is at all times. For all we know, she could have had a duplicate made to wear 24/7 and the "real" ring is sequestered in a vault somewhere with armed guards on duty and will never see the light of day again and be totally forgotten.

We now return you to the discussion of daytime fashion. :D

It's her special "active duty" duplicate and underneath the "stone" is a hidden compartment for lip moisturizer and a piece of gum. :p

"Fashion: a popular or the latest style of clothing, hair, decoration, or behaviour."

I find the outrage from some over here when a contrary opinion is expressed about these two is hugely entertaining.

I'm not telling her when and how to do anything - despite the fact that I think she needs a lot of advice in that regard - I am merely stating my opinion about what she does and what she wears, and the impression her actions leave on me. I am entitled to have an opinion, and to express it.
So am I. That's why I express it. What? you think you are the only one that can express an opinion. This is a forum ,you know. I don't recall anyone telling you, not to express your opinion .
Catherine looked fabulous on this tour , she is a gorgeous girl.

Last edited:
Surely we're all entitled to express our opinions, including whether Kate wears Big Blue or not on hikes. I believe that Kate had a brush the hair and makeup freshen up before she faced the cameras on that hike, and that's my opinion!

By the way, I believe Kate was wearing a necklace given to her by the Queen of Bhutan when she and William left the country.

Quite simply, because it's actually really tough to damage a ring, especially a diamond. They're rocks. They're built to be resilient, and wearing it every day is important to me.

Of course I take I off if I really think it's a risk (while swimming in the ocean for example) but I hike up mountains pretty routinely and yea, it's more of an uphill walk, not something that would ever pose a risk to my rings.

I can't see any reason she should have not worn her wedding rings on a long walk being covered by media.

It's such a silly criticism.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Well said!

Considering how you tend to post about the Duchess, you saying it's not your place to comment on nit picky-ness....Excuse me while I head over to that corner over there to laugh myself silly....

They both looked fine, but I guess those who need a reason will find one in order to continue to criticize Kate, regardless of how silly it both is and makes them look.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Please refer me to my post where I have told another poster to stop being 'nit picky'. Or where I have told another poster where they are being 'silly' and 'critical'. I'll sit here waiting. I am sure once you get over your laughter you could find it. Don't mind if I go to bed and work for the next week because you wont.

Now it would be much quicker to find the posts that have called me such things, on the last 2 pages alone.

Yeah I don't worship Kate. And yes I critique what she wears. Heaven forbid someone comments on clothes on a fashion thread. You will find I actually complimented many of her looks on this tour. But of course, those are just silly.

I thought respecting other posters was a rule here. I could go around and comment about how silly and nit picky and critical people are, but that seems demeaning and beneath the rules. But I guess that is just me.

I will continue to post my OPINIONS on how she dresses. And leave the little jabs at other posters to others. I don't take people's comments on royals personal.

Further discussion about her ring will be deleted.​

I am liking Kate's hair on these last days. The white dress she wore when the couple left Bhutan is nice and I think I've already seen it. Maybe during the asian tour?

I also like the blue-patterned dress she is wearing for the Taj Mahal visit, but I have to ask: is it okay to visit such sacred temple with dresses/skirts that show the knees?

I also like the blue on white design of this dress. It looks fresh and cool, good for a hot day.

Yes liking this blue/white dress. Very neat that they sat together in front of it...I wasn't sure they would do that or not.

LaRae

The last two outfit are, for me, the best of the tour.

The white dress with broidery-anglaise style detailing whilst leaving Bhutan was beautiful and elegant and the blue and white dress for the Taj Mahal visit is a lovely fit, fresh and crisp in the heat.

I do prefer straight skirts on Catherine, just looks neater to my mind.

The last two outfits are perfect looks.

The McQueen skirt suit is so fresh even if its just white. Its simple yet elegant.

The Naeem Khan dress I love! I wish she wore at least an evening dress from the designer as well on this trip. This dress suits Catherine and I wish she wears more of this fresh, young style. She played it very safe with her pumps but it was boring IMO, she could've worn sandal heels in a blue color or in nude.

I like the style of the white dress (McQueen) and texture but the color is a bit blah. It looks good on her as far as style/fit.

The Taj Mahal dress is one of her better picks.

LaRae

The last two outfit are, for me, the best of the tour.

The white dress with broidery-anglaise style detailing whilst leaving Bhutan was beautiful and elegant and the blue and white dress for the Taj Mahal visit is a lovely fit, fresh and crisp in the heat.

I do prefer straight skirts on Catherine, just looks neater to my mind.

I agree at last outfits that I really like. The white dress looked lovely and the Taj Mahal one is perfect

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

The white and blue Naeem Khan dress is Kate's best outfit on the whole tour IMO. The cut is very flattering on her and the colours work well with her complexion and hair colour (and the backdrop!).

She should wear more dresses in this style.

Again I am simply stating MY OPINION. I am not attacking Kate. No need to get so defensive. I think being able to know how to 'dress down' appropriately is as important as knowing how to dress up. Nor do I think 'who cares if they damage jewelry, they have the money to repair it' is a good way to think of things. I have a million dollars, I guess I can use a thousand dollar bill to light a cigarette, I have more right???

People are entitled to their own opinions. Stop taking it as some personal attack on Kate.

I don't think that's what Pranter was doing - you expressed and opinion, she countered with her own.

I don't think that's what Pranter was doing - you expressed and opinion, she countered with her own.

Exactly...I was giving my opinion of things. I wasn't 'defending' Kate.

LaRae

This is perfect, the design reflects the shape of the temple, I'll always remember it as Kate's 'Taj' dress

It's a shame we won't see most of these dresses again...although she is known for recycling...but even she probably has a ton of clothes as it is that already get re-worn.

LaRae

I don't care much for the white outfit for the departure, neither liked neither disliked it.

However, the blue&white dress at the Taj Mahal is amazing!!! I like the cut, it suits her so much! This type of dresses are Catherine's best friends, she looks divine in them.

I remenber seeing 2 dresses of this type that I loved on her:
http://www.eonline.com/eol_images/E...634.kate-middleton-australia-yellow-dress.jpg
https://themoderngentlewoman.files....1145_kate-middleton-white-blue-dress-zoom.jpg

The blue and white dress looks so fresh and cool; Kate looks very pretty.

I don't care much for the white outfit for the departure, neither liked neither disliked it.

However, the blue&white dress at the Taj Mahal is amazing!!! I like the cut, it suits her so much! This type of dresses are Catherine's best friends, she looks divine in them.

I remenber seeing 2 dresses of this type that I loved on her:
http://www.eonline.com/eol_images/E...634.kate-middleton-australia-yellow-dress.jpg
https://themoderngentlewoman.files....1145_kate-middleton-white-blue-dress-zoom.jpg

Love the blue and white leaf? Flower? dress ...but not the color of the yellow..it's just too bright.

Style is perfect!

LaRae

I wish she could have worn lower heels. The high heals means that her legs had to be put in a very sharp angle for the photo on the bench. I think it would have been better with lower heels/legs more forward.

The dess? An okay choice, but nothing to remember.

I love the white outfit chose for the departure from Bhutan. Very simple but still elegant. The blue and white dress is OK, but I'm not crazy about it. I think it's definitely appropriate for the occasion.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Was never a massive fan of the McQueen white (asian tour) outfit but it needed out of the closet for another outing albeit brief - i like to see recycling especially when it is expensive couture like McQueen pieces.

I LOVE the final white and blue shift dress for the Taj visit - the shape is typical of working Kate in on her UK engagements - and i love the fact she choose an Indian designer for a visit to one of the most iconic sites. The pattern is lovely and the colour is so striking with the blue and stands out well in the pictures. She looks amazing and a highlight of the whole tour.

perfect dress for kate at the taj mahal - to end up a successful tour. she didn't disappoint!

perfect dress for kate at the taj mahal - to end up a successful tour. she didn't disappoint!

Exactly what i thinking! Perfect dress for the end of this trip!!
Generally Duchess she was well dressed all these days!!

Well done Kate & team for such a thoughtful wardrobe on this tour. Nearly all hits for me and plenty of fresh and interesting designs,:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom