The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 17: January 2016 - April 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
William did get funky when he was solo in Japan with a kimono during dinner with the PM. However, other than wearing a military uniform, he can't really go for the traditional dress without it looking totally like dress up time.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I'm not bothered about the arrival outfit - it was fine but similar to things she often wears, although I do like the buttery gold colour - I though the belt slightly "off" maybe because she has quite a high waist.

Loved the outfit paying tribute to Bhutan's traditional dress, particularly the skirt.

I was a bit put out by the pale yellow dress Kate chose for the arrival in Bhutan, but I thought the more traditional dress she sported while meeting the King and Queen looked lovely on her!

The purple skirt is beautiful and so is the cape, somehow I just don't like them together. I think I just don't like the belt on the cape.

I just don't think the cape and skirt went together either, though individually they were fine. Perhaps William could have worn something a bit different to his faithful blue suit, something light coloured and more tropical, similar to the suit Harry took on his tour to the Caribbean. I do think both brothers cling to the same old, same old in suits, and yes, neither wear the kilt, which is a shame.

It's only in the mid 60 degrees F in Thimpu tomorrow and today was super windy so not really tropical Caribbean conditions in Bhutan.

But a light coloured suit would be something different, at least.

The purple skirt is beautiful and so is the cape, somehow I just don't like them together. I think I just don't like the belt on the cape.

I didn't like them together neither. I haven't liked none of the clothes she has worn on this tour to be honest.

I didn't like them together neither. I haven't liked none of the clothes she has worn on this tour to be honest.

Thought it was just me that really didn't like anything much. Nice to know I'm not alone

I liked the outfits on the tour but was thoroughly tired of her attempt at 'indian prints' after the first few. If she wanted to honor India, she should have used Indian designers, not British/American designers using Indian inspiration.

I loved the purple skirt but the cape was a miss. But this is the one place where the real attempt to go native seemed genuine (though the top wasn't) and respecting the fact that all women dress that way there.

Well, I've pretty much liked everything she's worn - she hasn't moved too much out of her personal comfort zone but has managed to look sufficiently different to her usual look.

I think she has honoured India - there has been an outfit designed by an Indian designer and I thought the British designed Indian embroidered blue dress was great - a way of showcasing fashion talent in both countries. She has also worn Indian jewellery. I don't think she can wear exclusively designs from the host country - she has to be seen to promote British products from time to time.

The hike has begun, she now has photos and videos of the couple up.

https://twitter.com/RE_DailyMail

Better pictures

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

I dont mind her outfit but it looks a bit too warm for the waistcoat IMO and the high boots, but could be wrong at a high altitude it might be a bit colder. I think her hair is styled wrong for this event, I mean, why couldn't she have it in a ponytail with soft curls at the end.

It looks like is too hot for high boots, yes a pony tail would work just fine for this occasion...maybe a trail sneakers would work better, than the boots, she must be really hot on them...

According to reporters Kate didn't even break a sweat during the three hour hike. She is obviously fit and her choice of outfit, while not for mere mortals, doesn't seem to have hurt her at all.

There was Press at the bottom and halfway but none for an hour in between. Richard Palmer suggested there may have been a freshening up before the photo call.

Neither her or William have backpacks and we haven't seen Rebecca in any of the photos.

I think Kate was wise to wear the high boots that she did. As they were climbing in mountainous terrain and on a beaten footpath, the high boots serve to protect the wearer from insect bites along with any other nasties hidden in the underbrush. I noticed too that the boots have a bit of fringe on them. With the fringes swinging as she walks, it kind of swats at things such as a horse's tail would.

The Telegraph reports that the King of Bhutan sent some horses up there with the Royal party, in case they decided to ride part of the way. The media said they didn't ride, but they weren't with them all the way, and it would explain Kate's high riding boots.

Once again this Emilia Wicksteads coatdress highlights why Catherine should not wear waisted off-the-rack dresses and coats, even if it is expensive. While the addition of the belt was definitely an improvement on the overall style, it still seemed that the waist was unnaturally high.

I was quite taken by Catherine's nod to the host country but I think the skirt should have gone the other way around. The way she was striding out sort of negated the modesty of the Bhutanese national dress.

But generally over this tour, I think Catherine has perhaps concentrated too much on faux national costumes and 'nods to the host country' instead of putting her best UK foot forward. JMO.

The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 17: January 2016 -

The Telegraph reports that the King of Bhutan sent some horses up there with the Royal party, in case they decided to ride part of the way. The media said they didn't ride, but they weren't with them all the way, and it would explain Kate's high riding boots.

Can Kate even ride a horse? What about the reported horse allergy that she suffers from? She had those boots since she at university and we have never seen her riding a horse. So she clearly didn't buy them way back for horse riding.

Last edited:
They would be better for riding than most of the footwear she brought with her I would guess.
I read ages ago that Kate had taken a few horse riding lessons. So, even if she isn't a keen rider, and she obviously isn't, she's mastered the basics. Nothing official has ever come out to confirm this horse-allergy, has it?

You can see the horses here. There are several of them at the tail end.
I think they are kind of like the ambulance at the end of the motorcade. There in case something happens like a twisted ankle or some other injuries where the person couldn't make it back down. But I am getting off topic. ?

https://source-news.s3.amazonaws.co...521220&Signature=eaVBX1ogUxAOqPkwZSZb0qgZ+c0=

Never believe in her horse allergy. If I'm not mistaken, it hasn't even ever been comfirmed. It is also perfectly understandable that horses were sent, some help must be given.

I believe that Kate's physician would have prescribed a non-drowsy antihistamine for her to use when she's around horses or anything else that triggers a reaction.

Lovely video of them walking together....and a very nice mule at the end of things.

I wouldn't put any stock into supposed allergies. If they confirm it then it's true, otherwise...just people talking about stuff that doesn't matter anyway.

LaRae

I liked what Catherine chose to wear for the hike. The outfit was practical and stylish at the same time. The height boots and long trousers were a good idea, because one never knows what insects are lurking on the trail and I'm sure blisters would not be appreciated either.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I like the outfit, but it does look very warm!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom