The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 17: January 2016 - April 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I adore the brooch, the fascinator is ridiculous and i've always found that coat rather boring.

I adore the brooch, the fascinator is ridiculous and i've always found that coat rather boring.

I find it all very boring. I really dislike this style of hat ( fascinator ?).

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

It is not flattering at all. And this hat :ermm::sad:

She wasn't supposed to wear a uniform, was she? Anyway, I think she doesn't look good, at all. She looks older than her age and that coat certainly doesn't help. How I miss the days when she was glowing, with that gorgeous hair and all.

Wasn't it just a few months ago that Catherine trimmed her hair to slightly below her shoulders. Now it looks like it has grown back to its former length. Perhaps there is some truth to those hair extension rumors. No judgement ... JMHO.

Has anyone else noticed this?

She looks great and yes, I agree w/the ridiculous comments about the brooch. I agree the comments are what is ridiculous here.

Good Grief and God forbid that the new Honourary Air Cadets Commandant decide to wear the brooch insignia of her new role at her first event as such. Which more than likely was also a gift to Catherine by the Air Cadets to mark her taking on the role. Just as Her Majesty does at events she attends w/her Regiments and every single Royal Female Colonel in Chief/Commandant does.

Don't like the design, that's one thing, but I find the comments regarding Kate wearing it to not only be spiteful, but insulting as well considering what it represents and the event to which it was worn to.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

It looks like I'm in the minority, but I think Kate looks fine.

I don't care for the style of the coat but the color is perfect for the occasion, and I really like the hat.

I forgot to add that the brooch is the only lovely element of her look today! It is gorgeous!

I think Kate looks fab and she has the best smile in the business imo.
Its a free world but I don't understand why the exact same people spend so much time on Kate's fashion threads criticising her every appearance. Whatever floats your boat but I'd be bored of the same old critiques every time she steps out the door.

Last edited:
Love tha coat and the navy accents. Don't like the black hat with the outfit. A hair style would have been better, it looks messy.

I love the whole thing. Military-ish, proportioned, professional and understated. Um, excepting the brooch which is huge. And they can see her because the lighter color stands out.
As to her hair - am I the only one who has noticed how rapidly it grows?
Honestly, reading some of these posts before looking at the photos today, I expected to see her wearing a thrift store dowdy coat and ugly shoes.
Her taste may run to classic and understated, and she will never be a magpie, but she will always be dressed appropriately. She does not have to work for the attention, so she does not, JMO.
I am however, converting to the idea that she can and should be wearing some larger hats that do something other than tilt off the front of her head. Not because it looks bad on her (it is in fact flattering), just that I am tired of the look.
I doubt that she will take my advice though. ;):whistling:

It looks like I'm in the minority, but I think Kate looks fine.

I don't care for the style of the coat but the color is perfect for the occasion, and I really like the hat.

IMO the color is appropriate for the RAF event and I can't imagine the fuss there would be if she didn't wear the brooch. The hat isn't my favorite but her hair is pulled back off of her face. She looks fine today.

Her hair was much looker pre-cut. On average people hair grows 1/2 inches per month, some people grows at a faster rate and others at a slower rate

Love tha coat and the navy accents. Don't like the black hat with the outfit. A hair style would have been better, it looks messy.

Are you certain the hat is black? In some photos it appears to be navy like the shoes.

Are you certain the hat is black? In some photos it appears to be navy like the shoes.
She wore it with her dark navy beulah coat last year so my guess is that it's dark navy. Especially since she has clutch and shoes in navy. She usually match shoes, clutch and hat.

I love the color of the coat its warm and eye catching. I like when she wears fascinators but not the tea cozy kind. The broach is beautiful as well.

I love this entire look-McQueen coats are so beautifully constructed, and I love the retro feel of the hat.

The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 17: January 2016 -

Not a fan of this look. Hate the hat/fascinator which IMO doesn't work with the hairstyle. Although I'm pleased to see Kate wearing a brooch, it is too large with the large pockets and belt. It's a smart look but quite ageing I think.

( just saw the significance it the brooch on the jewellery forum, so I take back what I have said about size of the brooch :)

Last edited:
I like this Alexander McQueen coat (shocked myself here as i am not normally a fan of their designs) - its a clean and simple coat and works well for the military engagements she has worn it to previous. The blue is also a reflection of it being an RAF engagement and therefore made it an obvious choice of recycle.
What i didn't like at the RAF service was her hair today - it just was a polished look as it seemed untidy. maybe it was the way it was combined with the hatinator which was not her best one she has.
Wearing the RAF Cadet brooch was a nice touch and i imagine it gas been "gifted" to the duchess to wear for all future engagements in relation to the cadets. It is a very large brooch so it needed the simple lines of her coat to set it off

Duchess Kate: "Every Child Deserves to be Supported Through Difficult Times" - Kate's Video Message for Children's Mental Health Week

For her video address on Mental Health week, Kate repeated her Rebecca Taylor navy tweed suit (worn twice before in 2012 and also in 2014 leaving NZ) I like this suit and its a nice repeat especially as she wants the message of her speech to be the focus not her clothes

In the link there is also pictures of Kate taking a helicopter from KP back to Amner after the RAF service (i think they are pictures taken by a member of the public who was passing rather than pap shots) She was seen wearing a new Mulberry light blue coat over her navy dress.

I like this Alexander McQueen coat (shocked myself here as i am not normally a fan of their designs) - its a clean and simple coat and works well for the military engagements she has worn it to previous. The blue is also a reflection of it being an RAF engagement and therefore made it an obvious choice of recycle.
What i didn't like at the RAF service was her hair today - it just was a polished look as it seemed untidy. maybe it was the way it was combined with the hatinator which was not her best one she has.
Wearing the RAF Cadet brooch was a nice touch and i imagine it gas been "gifted" to the duchess to wear for all future engagements in relation to the cadets. It is a very large brooch so it needed the simple lines of her coat to set it off

This McQueen coat was first used in New Zealand in 2014, and then again in Normandy. Good to see it make another outing.

The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 17: January 2016 -

I think the McQueen coat is appropriate for the event and the color is lovely. I'm just not a fan of the gigantic pockets. The suit that was chosen for the Children's Mental Health Week is absolute spectacular. It's understated and elegant.

Last edited:
Love the style of coat...if it was navy blue it would of been perfect.

LaRae

I think it could have come into costume territory by then. I think this was the perfect balance. Style and colour close enough to give a cohesive look but different enough to stand out and not make it look like she's mimicing them.

:previous: I agree. I like the outfit in blue,though the pockets seem a bit big too me, but was appropriate. But if navy blue, would have bordered on costume/mimic. Good choice to go with a lighter shade.

:previous: I think William wears enough navy blue for both of them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom