The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 16: September 2015 - December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It amuses me that some are calling it Farrah Fawcett hair. It's said that Prince Charles loves the Farrah Fawcett look and that's why Camilla wears that hairstyle. Here's a picture of Charles and Farrah together. Note the Camilla hair. Prince Charles Speaking with Farrah Fawcett Majors - U1915211-20 - Rights Managed - Stock Photo - Corbis

I don't see Farrah Fawcett hair on Catherine at all. I think some people are mixing up the Angels. Catherine's hair is much more Jaclyn Smith.

Btw, I liked her dress but I wish she paired it with funkier earrings - like her blue topaz open circle earrings. It would have made the look less stern.

To me it looks like Farrah hair, especially since Kate got her bangs. Jaclyn Smith has the same hairstyle with less bangs and of course her hair colour is very much like Kate's.
http://cdn.ultraswank.net/uploads/farah-fawcett-charlies-angeles.jpg

Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge steps out in purple lace D&G dress | Daily Mail Online

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I absolutely adore this dress. I love lace, and this is a gorgeous example of it (am not surprised to see that it's a Dolce & Gabbana creation, aside from the fact that I don't recall Kate wearing anything by them before.) As for the hair, I think it looks gorgeous, and the color looks particularly lush in some of the pictures. I don't mind that she's worn it down, but I think I nice, loose updo might have suited the dress better.

Today's lace dress has me stumped a little I must say - I don't think we are so used to Catherine wearing a dress like this in the daytime! I do love the colour of the lace and the design. The high collar is reminiscent -sort of - of a high manderin collar and it suits Catherine really well.
I hope she wear more upscale dresses like this for day events. It was clearly a special dress for a special event, and so I do think a different hairstyle would have been better, a half up affair would have been nice.

Wearing lace in the daytime is a thing now. Last week, on the day of
the Democratic debate, a group of women 'talking heads' were discussing issues on a mid day talk show. Three of the five were wearing lace dresses in various colors (no bridal white or funereal black). So I can't fault a princess doing the same at an important and sophisticated event. I'm not yet as sick of colored lace as I am of black lace, especially the see-through styles.

Yep. Fashion changes, so while lace may have once been reserved for evening, it's now acceptable to wear in the daytime. Also this isn't the first time Kate has worn a lace dress during a daytime engagement. She wore a blue lace dress in Canada, a pale blue one in Kuala Lumpur and there's the beige one that she's worn to a number of events.

Kate looked lovely today. The lace dress was pretty and I really like the color and the neckline. My one complaint was her purse. I thought the color sort of clashed with the dress.

https://41.media.tumblr.com/45605c5475be8dd1ebeeacdd37de8354/tumblr_nwkp7uLt1J1tfk66eo1_1280.jpg

I thought her hair looked lovely today. I'm personally not a fan of her longs bangs, so I liked that she clipped them back.

http://40.media.tumblr.com/a9cb1a4518f63c5c76bc82b4fa3dfe79/tumblr_nwkpj1DuPC1tfk66eo1_1280.jpg

As for the Farrah connection, I don't think the hairstyles are similar. As someone else pointed out, Camilla's hair is more Farrah than Kate's.

Last edited:
This is a gorgeous dress. Beautifully made, fits well, and interesting color. Too bad about the hair obscuring the neckline and the earrings. any number of modified half up half down hairstyles would have solved that problem.
I have been absolutely thinking Farrah since the debut of the new bangs hairstyle. Of course it is not as layered as Farrahs (that would actually look great on her) but the swept away bang, curled UP, is the Farrah hairstyle. Believe me, I had one then.

Last edited:
I don't mind the dress but its late October and maybe a coat and her hair might have been better up than down!

The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 16: September 2015 -

Why does she need a coat? Other than a brief stop to look at the Aston Martin and black cab, the rest of the engagement was inside the building.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I like the contrasting colour of the purse which could have been extended to the colour of her shoes or jewellery. A lovely dress - so pleased to have a more interesting outfit than we've seen for a while.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I really like this dress. Its a beauty
Her makeup is a bit strong for my taste, but she looks good

Last edited:
I love the plum fpdress. Catherine looks so elegant, and regal. I have no issues with her hair. She obviously loves wearing it down and that's all that counts. Her hair is beautiful.

I love the color of this dress but something about the lace is off-putting to me. It looks too fussy, and I feel like Catherine looks best in a cleaner look, like her red gown from the dinner. I don't think this is terrible, but it's not to my taste. I like her hair down though- her hair is one of her best features.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Looking good, Catherine!

It's a beautiful dress but I think it's a bit too much for the occasion. She looks over dressed IMO. But apart from that she looks lovely

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

She looks beautiful! I love that colour on her, and the coat is REALLY pretty!!

I just want to say that I am really loving the deeper chocolate hair color. I liked it the first time we saw it (last year, I think) and I like it more now. Notice how quickly the "bangs" have grown out? And that blue coat is a stunner!

I like the coat...there's a slight texture or weave to it when you see it closer up.

I'm glad the bangs are growing out...they were cut at an odd length.

LaRae

Kate looks lovely in blue; that coat is so pretty.

Beautiful coat! I want to see a good clear picture of the skirt...hopefully one will appear. Supposedly style of a kilt. Great hair day... Bangs at perfect length. And she looks most refreshed..not that tired look she has had during the China visit. Nice date night with hubby and no kiddies will do that :)

Beautiful coat! I want to see a good clear picture of the skirt...hopefully one will appear. Supposedly style of a kilt. Great hair day... Bangs at perfect length. And she looks most refreshed..not that tired look she has had during the China visit. Nice date night with hubby and no kiddies will do that :)
Haha very true. I alsto thought she looked so refreshed. And now we know the reason!

Oh, I love it. Absolutely love it. The coat is elegant, and the color suits her.

Agree . This color is definitely her color. Beautiful coat.

Im loving her outfit which is by Christopher Kane, but I think the skirt underneath is a bit too short. This is a great coat and the texture of the fabric is lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom