The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 16: September 2015 - December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At first I disliked this dress but I know like it. I love the embellishments and the combination with the grey color.

It's good to see this dress again, I really like it. I've not been fond of her bangs since she cut them, so I really hope she's growing them out.

I agree. Also, I prefer the earrings she wore the first time around with the dress. The ones from today didn't really fit the look.

I see what you mean. But this way and with the watch it was more "daytime-y" :p

haha
Yes, the other ones were worn on the red carpet. But they're still only semi-precious gems(peridot, and topaz). :p

I wonder if she still has those turquoise earrings she wore to the Canadian rodeo. They would be casual while still complimenting the turquoise stones on her dress.

I agree with many of the above comments about the hair. I too watched the video of her speech and it became distracting that in such a short space of time it was being tossed or flicked out of her eyes only to immediately return to restrict her view. Wearing it forward also swamps her slight frame. Yes she looked fine otherwise but you just can't get past all that hair!

This time around- don't care for it. It's the sleeves.

Good to see her digging into the deep closet and pulling this number - its a nice dress but agree about the hair it was annoying to watch the speech as i was distracted by her constantly having to flick the bangs out of her eyes.

I guess I'm not so easily distracted. Its not my hair. I watched the speech and thought she did a great job.

I love her Cartier watch. I hope she wears it more often.

Last edited:
I didn't like the grey dress with embellishments the first time she wore it and I still don't like it. The embellishments look like a cheap craft project.

I don't remember if I liked this dress. Anyhow, this time around I'm not too crazy about it. The shade of gray is nice.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I don't think I need to add to the hair thing ... hopeless...I like the dress I love that colour and the neckline.

I think we need a whole thread just for her hair....

LaRae

Catherine did a wonderful job, and her hair didn't distract me. I paid attention to her message.

:previous: I can only say how lucky you are to not be distracted. Many more people were not.

I think the re-emergence of this dress was terrific. It is elegant, a soft, flattering colour for her and the detail is astonishing. The pairing of the shoes and clutch was a very interesting.

Had she had her hair professionally dressed to compliment her ensemble, she would still have looked amazing, looked like the competent professional she can be. But in the event, the first thing you see is voluminous hair, blown dry with curl and waves, masses of it, not to mention an overlong fringe. Then comes the wind and instead of the occasion, her hair and the wind got just as much publicity.

In my book, that's a bust.

:previous: I can only say how lucky you are to not be distracted. Many more people were not.

I think the re-emergence of this dress was terrific. It is elegant, a soft, flattering colour for her and the detail is astonishing. The pairing of the shoes and clutch was a very interesting.

Had she had her hair professionally dressed to compliment her ensemble, she would still have looked amazing, looked like the competent professional she can be. But in the event, the first thing you see is voluminous hair, blown dry with curl and waves, masses of it, not to mention an overlong fringe. Then comes the wind and instead of the occasion, her hair and the wind got just as much publicity.

In my book, that's a bust.

Yeah it distracted me I wanted someone to give her a bobby pin you couldn't see her face at all. Time for a new hairdresser.

Ah, but in a few short years, Catherine will be sporting a bouffant grey hairstyle like HM has been for the last couple of decades, or she'll have a Gibson girl updo like that of the Princess Royal... And we'll all be wistfully remembering her glorious and glossy mane, windblown or not.

I don't mind this dress. Wondering how it would look with the peplum off. Maybe with a very thin belt in its place.

Ah, but in a few short years, Catherine will be sporting a bouffant grey hairstyle like HM has been for the last couple of decades, or she'll have a Gibson girl updo like that of the Princess Royal... And we'll all be wistfully remembering her glorious and glossy mane, windblown or not.

And I would get on the "time to change the hair" bandwagon, except I am not sure I can survive the flood of unhappy comments that will occur whatever/whenever she does to it. When it happens, 80% of us will dislike it. And go on and on and on about it as if the world is ending and it her hair will never grow or change again. :eek:

Gosh, a dozen head-tossings in a minute's video, plus a hand up to brush the hair back at the end. Hairspray, clips, haircut suggest themselves.

The head tossing really annoys me if your going to wear your hair all over your face as it seems is her style that she won't change , then own it and keep talking through it.
Otherwise pin the dam thing back.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

It couldn't be that bad, I said to myself. :ermm: Everyone's so negative about the least thing. :p (I said with a superior cluck). Then I looked. :sad: Was that a head-toss or a nervous movement? Hard to say. But had she not done what appeared to be (several) head-tosses (in rapid succession) the hair would have stayed put, methinks. She made things progressively worse. I was dazed watching her. I try to stay out of nit-picking but this really was odd imo. My guess is she was nervous. Only explanation. Oh well. There's always a next time. Live and learn, as the saying goes. :flowers:

Last edited:
Catherine has nice hair but she seems overwhelmed by it.
(William has commented about her hair.)

IMO, she seems to be styling her own hair and rather than having her hair professionally done at least for most of her public engagements.

She also seems to have limited knowledge/ability on how to style her hair.
She needs to be more versatile with her hairstyles. The bangs/fringe needs to go.
In the meantime she can french braid them, twist them or pin them back.

She should practice with french twists, french braids, high pony tails, buns, fishtails, braids, hair combs, barrettes, clips, bobby pins or threading.

She should get advise from Sophie, even though Sophie's hair is considerable shorter and finer.

Or last resort, borrow the Queen's heavy duty hair spray.:lol:

Last edited:
:previous: I do not think saying that Catherine's hair is; in her face, in someone else's face, flying in the breeze, obscuring her dress ornamentation, tangled and obscuring her jewellery if it is, in fact, any of the above. All are valid statements as are the comments about hair tossing and pushing it off her face or behind the ears causing a distraction are not nit picking.

Like it or not Catherine's hair has become an "issue". Yes it is beautiful hair and since her marriage her hair has become more and more shiny and curled and it is longer, much longer and more voluminous. That makes her hair itself a "statement". When everyone else around her is looking beautifully gowned and with beautifully dressed hair, there is Catherine with her hair all over the place.

I think most of us accept she has beautiful hair but are well over it by this stage. Catherine is a grown woman and I'm afraid that sausage curls do not look good on a woman of that age.

I have never, ever, commented on Catherine's hair except in the positive. HOWEVER, I am about to do so. It is time for Catherine to get serious about her hair, about her position, about her age. A ponytail is fine for casual days, or even loose. But when she is doing engagements she just must figure out something. Her appearance the other evening with the sausage curls was just a no go. Sausage curls are for young girls, not women of 30. The constant tossing and flicking was really very disconcerting. She had to know what the weather was like before she left home and being caught in a whirl wind outside was just being totally unprepared, not even heavy duty hair spray could have held her hair in place. If she does not know how to, or does not want to go to the trouble of something more complicated a simple ponytail would do the trick. I understand she doesn't want to cut it but she just MUST do something to present a professional, adult vision. Rant over, I guess. :lol:

Last edited:
I think we need a whole thread just for her hair....

LaRae

Absolutely BRILLIANT idea. That would help on this thread because repeat posts about her hair wouldn't appear here.

Someone (not me) who feels strongly about it - and there seems to be one or two out there should do this.

:lol:

Some of these comments are really insulting.

I guess my perspective is different because I work with kids who have special needs and things like head tossing are pretty much ignored due to motor issues. I guess for that reason I'm not at all bothered by the head tossing, hair twirling, etc. Sure, sometimes I want to say 'quiet hands, please', but the urge comes on a lot less often now. I'm able to tune the fidgeting and the hair out.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Some of these comments are really insulting.

No, some of these comments are really ridiculous. "Sausage" curls? Treating long, thick hair like it's always out of control? It's ridiculous.

Interestingly, Catherine's bangs did get windblown, and so they did fall over her eyes. It happens. But when there have been no problems before, there has been such a piling on of criticism.

There is so much hand wringing about her hair, but honestly this is the first time IMO that her hair has been a problem.

What more insulting is that ANY time someone's hair is down, it's "unkempt." If it's fine hair, it's not healthy. If it's pulled back, it's severe and boring. Basically, there is no winning for Catherine, Maxima, Marie or others. Geez Louise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom