The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 15: July 2014 - September 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only think I liked is her hat which I know many people hated. The coat looks like recycled curtains. The buttons are too big and the collar shape is not attractive. An almost total fail for me.

I think it's an awful outfit. I really dislike the print and style. One of her worst looks to me.

I agree unattractive outfit and hat, her hair was the only thing that looked good; Camilla looked much better.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of the hat but I never like huge hats. Camilla's was even worse.
To me they just look scream look at me and with so many people close together it looked comical

Well, Kate's dress/coat yesterday was truly awful.... That "granny's curtain" print did nothing for her but making her look like a matron... The rest was fine.

June 14: Catherine rocking casual wear whilst watching William play in a polo match in Tetbury with her son George:

Full view ~ Close up

The top is by Me+Em and the shoes are from Sebago.

The outfit for Tooping was okay. I thought the color and style were nice, but didn't care for the flower print. As others have said, it looked liked upholstery. I did like the hat, but thought the placement was a little awkward. All in all, this was my least favorite Trooping outfit.

I love her Polo outfit. I've said it before, but Kate looks great when she's dressed down.

Catherine looks great pin her casual outfit. I love the top. She's one of those lucky enough to be able to pull off wearing stripes.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

At first I thought the dress was a bit frumpy, but after having looked at it again I decided that I like it. Blue and white is a fantastic colour combination - one you can't go wrong with IMO - and Catherine herself looks great. I'm not so sure about her hat though, it reminds me a little of a flying saucer.

The outfit was lovely,the only part I didn't like was the hat which looked a bit silly!

The outfit was lovely,the only part I didn't like was the hat which looked a bit silly!

I'd like to see Catherine try to a few more hat styles as she tends to go for these small, slanted ones most of the time.

I loved the Breton stripe top and jeans combination - a classic look I tend to go for on trips to the coast!

July 5th, Christening of Princess Charlotte

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015..._Duke_and_Duchess_of_C-m-47_1436110567845.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/07/05/16/2A4025B000000578-3149880-image-a-55_1436110762433.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/07/05/17/2A403AEC00000578-3149880-image-a-108_1436112746873.jpg

Wearing a classic knee-length cream coat dress by British designer Alexander McQueen, Kate proved she’s still a creature of habit in terms of her sartorial tendencies since the appearance evoked the memory of the similar long-sleeved McQueen creation she wore to Prince George’s christening.
http://whatkatewore.com/wp-content/...ueen-Spring-2012-RTW-PA-Lyst-Runway-Show-.jpg

I loved Catherine's outfit, the coat was very pretty, the neckline suited Catherine and it was a nice neckline style for her. The hat was a winner with the coat.

I don't see how this is similar to the outfit she wore to Prince George's Christening except that it's long sleeved.

And they both were McQueen that is about it.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Beautiful hat and the outfit but for me it make her to look much older than she is.

The outfit was ok, appropriate but nothing that wonderful...a bit boring, she needed some color.

LaRae

I really like this outfit and especially the cut and shape of the collar/neck-line. I like how she has used a similar colour to the outfit she wore for George's Christening and the same designer too. My only thoughts would be that a slightly larger necklace or a brooch instead of a necklace may have been better considering it is quite a simple outfit.

I loved Catherine's outfit for the Christening. It seemed to match the color of the Christening gown. Very elegant look.

I really like this outfit and especially the cut and shape of the collar/neck-line. I like how she has used a similar colour to the outfit she wore for George's Christening and the same designer too. My only thoughts would be that a slightly larger necklace or a brooch instead of a necklace may have been better considering it is quite a simple outfit.
Thank you because I couldn't pinpoint why I thought the outfit--which was lovely--lacked something. I'm more of a necklace than a broach person, but the outfit could have used a larger piece of jewelry. A scarf may have completed it too.

But it is a small nitpick. The color, cut, neckline, and hat were just great. She looks marvelous.

July 5th, Christening of Princess Charlotte

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015..._Duke_and_Duchess_of_C-m-47_1436110567845.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/07/05/16/2A4025B000000578-3149880-image-a-55_1436110762433.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/07/05/17/2A403AEC00000578-3149880-image-a-108_1436112746873.jpg

Wearing a classic knee-length cream coat dress by British designer Alexander McQueen, Kate proved she’s still a creature of habit in terms of her sartorial tendencies since the appearance evoked the memory of the similar long-sleeved McQueen creation she wore to Prince George’s christening.
http://whatkatewore.com/wp-content/...ueen-Spring-2012-RTW-PA-Lyst-Runway-Show-.jpg

She looks wonderful! It's a very classic, elegant, and beautiful look. One of her most exquisite looks.

Glad about the perfect fit, wide flattering neckline and especially hairdo.
Do not like the hat at all, too fussy. A larger necklace or brooch, some real bling would have been nice.

I also really like the Duchess in her cream outfit today for the Christening but I wasn't mad about her hat.

I loved her Christening outfit today and agree, there's only a passing resemblance to what she wore at George's christening. This is less fussy and really suits her. Interestingly. Kate seemed to be the only royal lady who wasn't struggling with the gusts of wind. I think the hat was a good choice too and worked well with the hairstyle. A vast improvement to what she recently wore to the Trooping of the Colour.

I do see a passing resemblance to what the DoC wore when George was christened, but I far prefer her outfit today. I think she looked perfect.

Maybe it was her elegant hairstyle that made the difference.;)

The color is the only similarity between the two outfits - both are shades of white.

I love the outfit Catherine wore today. The style suits her and I think the neckline is very pretty. I also adore her updo and think the hat looks great with it.

I prefer the first outfit, and they are similar beyond being the same designer and having long sleeves. Even the hats are similar though not identical.

I think the hat was a good choice too and worked well with the hairstyle. A vast improvement to what she recently wore to the Trooping of the Colour.

I actually liked the Trooping hat better; it was more eye-catching.

This one looks so similar to other hats by Jane Taylor; they don't seem to vary much.

Lovely outfit. I will admit, when I first looked at the pictures, I was paying more attention to George and Charlotte, and I did actually check back at one point to see if Kate was wearing the same outfit that she had worn at George's christening. Of course, as soon as I looked at it properly it was obvious that it wasn't the same, but for me it fit the very definition of "passing resemblance."

I think it's a lovely, chic outfit and I like that at both christenings she wore pale outfits that went well with the christening gown. To me it's sort of a "I definitely want to look nice, but today isn't about me or my outfit" look. Also, I love pretty much anything Kate wears from McQueen. Among other things, the structure typical of so many of McQueen's designs tends to suit Kate's figure.

I actually liked the Trooping hat better; it was more eye-catching.

This one looks so similar to other hats by Jane Taylor; they don't seem to vary much.

I think Jane Taylor also makes many of Sophie's hats as well, and I think she's shown a lot more variety. Kate, however, definitely seems to stick to the same size/shape of hat. I generally like Kate's hats, today's included (and I think her hat today was just right for a christening as it's not in the way, and it also not a big attention-grabber), but it would be nice to see her break out of her hat "comfort zone" every once in a while and try some different styles.

I thought she looked pretty and the wider neckline was more flattering. But the waistline of the dress looked unfinished. I much prefer Pippa's waistline on her outfit. All in all she looked lovely but the hat was a little too fussy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom