The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 15: July 2014 - September 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A really lovely dress - whether a boy or a girl, I think it is an excellent choice to wear o the day your new baby arrives!

I'm a huge fan of yellow and green for babies, and for mommies too! I think she always looks good in yellow.
Kate looked like she spent a day at the spa! How does she do it? I mean, you can't nanny your way out of birth. Those Middleton genes are formidable.
Her hair this time around is so shiny and fit.
This has been an amazing, wonderful day going from great (the news -so fast) to greater (George's visit, wave and Daddy's kiss) to great-isimo (that beautiful couple and baby on the steps).
Jumpy claps over and over and over.

I really like the yellow printed dress, it's very fresh and the style is great!

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015...ds_tightly_as_they_wal-a-14_1430641636855.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/05/02/19/283E093100000578-3044227-image-a-136_1430591628209.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015..._her_daughter_in_her_ca-a-2_1430639210930.jpg

Great dress for Kate for this occasion, she looks great, as if she was doing just another event. OK, she'll have a make up lady and a hairdresser ready at the hospital to help her with looks because its expected of her. Other mums might wear jogging trousers with sloppy hair but their exit doesnt make worldwide headlines.

I think she looked very beautiful too! IMo she was more glowing when she left the hospital in 2013 but I preferred this dress... It is more simple, yet very sweet... :flowers:

I thought she looked great for having just had a baby 12 hours earlier! The only thing I didn't like about the dress were the sleeves. I think it would have looked a teensy bit better with shorter sleeves, but that's my only real complaint.

I thought she looked great for having just had a baby 12 hours earlier! The only thing I didn't like about the dress were the sleeves. I think it would have looked a teensy bit better with shorter sleeves, but that's my only real complaint.
It was only 54 F when they were leaving the hospital.

kate looks stunning, considering she only gave birth some hours before. i am amazed. even comparing with her exit when george was born when she left several days after george was born, she looked so much better this time, and it was only some hours after. maybe she knew what to expect this time and was less stressed during the birth. i wonder what makes doctors ask mothers to stay longer or shorter in the hospital, this was a really quick birth and convalescence in hospital in comparison (ie. no "great kate wait"!).
anyway, she looked super. i loved her choice of dress this time even more than with george.

I loved this maternity dress much more than when she exited with George and I'm still amazed at her good looks!

I loved this maternity dress much more than when she exited with George and I'm still amazed at her good looks!
Yeah, me too. The white-yellow combo was very flattering and she looked really lovely.

I just Love the yellow and white dress! Completely took me by surprise. She looked absolutely stupendous..

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015...ds_tightly_as_they_wal-a-14_1430641636855.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/05/02/19/283E093100000578-3044227-image-a-136_1430591628209.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015..._her_daughter_in_her_ca-a-2_1430639210930.jpg

Great dress for Kate for this occasion, she looks great, as if she was doing just another event. OK, she'll have a make up lady and a hairdresser ready at the hospital to help her with looks because its expected of her. Other mums might wear jogging trousers with sloppy hair but their exit doesnt make worldwide headlines.

I absolutely love this look. The yellow dress is very beautiful and elegant. I love the colors and the print is exquisite. She looks wonderful.

Wonderful dress, great in yellow and nice spring feel. Don't like the way the print isn't matched at all down the back seam. They could have done a better job so that the seam wasn't so obvious

I didn't see that pic, but I certainly agree with you, Highness! It really isn't a good look for being a designer dress made to order for the Duchess.

The maternity dress material did seem pretty new material. I haven't seen that type of fabric around. The yellow color on it was also a unique shade. If I remember it was yellow. That was days ago and just kind of a neat current event that she gave birth, it was real low key here, or in other words the media didn't have a frenzy over the birth. Maybe two or three articles on the new birth of her baby girl. Anyway I was interested in the material because I am semi skinny fat, and the material seemed like it would hide little dips and dimple curves if you know what I mean and bring out the other curves. It revealed a sizeable abdomen on her with slight to moderate upper abdomen and what looked līke heavy distention in the lower, bringing attention to her only twelve hour stay and short labor. But the fabric did her alright also kind of hiding that distention. Probably price ridiculous, either way low or high. I do wonder what the material was. Too short for my taste personally, on her it's just the way it fits, she is tall, the palace oughta put her in some knee high socks once in awhile for fashion's sake, lol she probably wouldn't have it. It's one of those materials that looked dry cleaned so heavy and like washed twice a stain would nearly roll off it due to modern cleaning ingenuity and know how. One of those outfits I am glad I don't have to afford to keep. But if it held up in a spin cycle in an old 90's washer and the laundromat heat, came clean didn't stain and held up, it'd get four stars. Otherwise, yeah it was cute as long as she liked it and as long as it holds up well for her. I appreciate her wearing the heels, they show her ankles are basically free of the swelling after giving birth. She looks like she handled a pair of heels well enough for a short walk in them. The color of the heels blends well enough with the bright yellow bringing out her skin tone to go. Anyway yeah the length of the arms on the dress is practical given they have got white. I am thinking the material might be real diverse and worth taking that much time on thinking about it. The pattern on the dress, it's cutesy, real youthful, went with the occasion.

Last edited:
She looked amazing and I don't know how she could do it. Even with a hairdresser etc to have hair and makeup done, wearing high heels smiling etc she did a great job most of us can't be bothered to run a comb though our hair only a few hours after giving birth

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

She looked amazing and I don't know how she could do it. Even with a hairdresser etc to have hair and makeup done, wearing high heels smiling etc she did a great job most of us can't be bothered to run a comb though our hair only a few hours after giving birth

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

She's stayed in excellent shape during her pregnancy, not gaining excess weight and probably exercised the whole time she could.

She had a very low trauma birth and short delivery. I hear from midwives this is not uncommon with these types of deliveries.

Then she has the whole freaking world sitting on the doorstep of the hospital waiting to see her (and the baby)....knowing she's going to be criticized if she doesn't look good. The hair/makeup stylist is a big bonus. All she had to do was sit there and let them do their magic.

LaRae

Also...I recall she got slammed pretty good when she left the hospital after William's birth so she did things differently with Harry (her appearance).

LaRae

^^^Which is a shame because I thought Diana looked lovely that morning.

I agree...it's crazy to hold women to this un-natural standard that they must look like they were never pregnant the day after they have a child.

LaRae

I agree...it's crazy to hold women to this un-natural standard that they must look like they were never pregnant the day after they have a child.

LaRae

Amen to that. The worst thing about body-shaming (too thin, too fat, too not post pregnancy enough) is that it is mainly done by women, most of whom have imperfect bodies themselves/ourselves.

Amen to that. The worst thing about body-shaming (too thin, too fat, too not post pregnancy enough) is that it is mainly done by women, most of whom have imperfect bodies themselves/ourselves.

Or by women who face psychological complexes.

On the topic - Kate's yellow outfit with flower embroidery was not only suitable, but also very " sweet" and pretty on a new mammy, especially of a baby girl.

She's stayed in excellent shape during her pregnancy, not gaining excess weight and probably exercised the whole time she could.

She had a very low trauma birth and short delivery. I hear from midwives this is not uncommon with these types of deliveries.

Then she has the whole freaking world sitting on the doorstep of the hospital waiting to see her (and the baby)....knowing she's going to be criticized if she doesn't look good. The hair/makeup stylist is a big bonus. All she had to do was sit there and let them do their magic.

LaRae

Mmmm after I gave birth 3 times it was the sitting part that was the worst.
For all the help she got I still think she was amazing to do what she did a few hrs after the birth.

bigger women, slightly obese supposedly live longer. Sorry, but if you compare Kate to Beatrice or Eugenie, Kate looks healthier, by some standards that stem from possibly even fat shaming, but all three have this one thing in common, their weight is relevant to their medical, not to anyone else. But the brunette I think it's Eugenie, looks the healthiest most of the time.

Personally, I cannot stand the way a little too extra fat feels and I do loose it, particular vice of mine, but not too much do I loose because too thin will make a diabetic.

Mmmm after I gave birth 3 times it was the sitting part that was the worst.
For all the help she got I still think she was amazing to do what she did a few hrs after the birth.

nope. lol. Personally, I think it was foolish for her to leave so soon. But, then again, I know labor that exceeded 10 hours and how pain meds are laughable during that in all the little to nothing they do and how an epidural is only going to numb so much and only possibly knock all the pain out after one gets stitched, but not always, how you have to handle a lot of pain to endure a c section. Quiet about and during it and all too. Yeah the sitting after the water breaking and you can feel the baby move inside, while you wait.
How a pain med drip won't always knock you out because one hurts that bad but that type of med isn't enough, but one still hurt on it, but more than one wants or dares risk, one doesn't ask. So, no, she has courage to walk in a public hospital and out after a few hours and hop in the car, really, all I know is I am glad she didn't have to go through over ten hours of labor and get split open. :) Yeah, also she didn't have a mother in law sitting around trying to busybody either, lol, wasn't she lucky, oh but that's right she's a dutchess and would of welcomed hers, aww. Don't even wanna get me started, lol. But parenting is one of the biggest joys in the world and worth it. Really, nothing of it's kind can compare, compete or beat it. She looked like she went pretty natural through the birth, which, really, is fantastic. I can appreciate it. Her ankles didn't swell up either, which was great. Even with a great pumper (heart), ankles swell and can startle you about your heart after birth like that. Yeah, she had one of those births that left her walking out wanting more and the way she looked she has plenty of support. She could pop out another 5 or 6 and do fine, lol. Comon number three!

Last edited:
Many women give birth at home and never stay in the hospital. Leaving as soon as you can get up makes a lot of sense.

Or by women who face psychological complexes.

On the topic - Kate's yellow outfit with flower embroidery was not only suitable, but also very " sweet" and pretty on a new mammy, especially of a baby girl.

Well the overeating overweight thing is a symptom of a possible mood disorder and other possibilities same with the under eating and not eating enough. Now a days there isn't much that doesn't have to also do with psychology, seems like.

The outfit was cute and blankets white which surprised me, given how badly white can stain. But I guess nothing royal ever stains, lol. Nice too see someone has the ingenuity to keep whites white long enough to pass down and not have to toss because bleach eats the fabric while dryers aid the deterioration along. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom