The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 15: July 2014 - September 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cathy Cambridge and the Case of the Recycled Frock | Tom & Lorenzo Fabulous & Opinionated

"Dear God, the men in that family do not know how to get a suit fitted, do they? Harry’s jacket is too long and both it and the pants are too full. Will’s jacket is a skosh too short and it gives him ladyhips. No wonder Cathy doesn’t overdo it on the style front. With these two as her co-stars, she only needs to show up in something that fits correctly and she’s won the day."

I LOVE Tom and Lorenzo - I had no idea they've discovered the royals.

Really? I found it very suitable. William may not wear his cufflinks but I think Catherine would wear the brooch. Perhaps during the winter or a Canadian event.

Maybe, to show appreciation. (But I bet she'll be gritting her teeth while she's wearing it!)

I know the designer chose the bear motif as a symbol of Canada, and I think it would work with very casual clothes, like jeans.
But that would be off because it's set with diamonds! Yet the bear would look weird on more formal clothing.

The designer should have picked something else, like the Northern Lights or even the maple leaf motif. Then Kate could get some use out of what is obviously an expensive brooch. But as it is? I doubt it.

Yes, she wore it in february:flowers: when she opened the art room.Here:

Kate Middleton Photos - Kate Middleton Opens an Art Room - Zimbio

Thank you :flowers:.

Cathy Cambridge and the Case of the Recycled Frock | Tom & Lorenzo Fabulous & Opinionated

"Dear God, the men in that family do not know how to get a suit fitted, do they? Harry’s jacket is too long and both it and the pants are too full. Will’s jacket is a skosh too short and it gives him ladyhips. No wonder Cathy doesn’t overdo it on the style front. With these two as her co-stars, she only needs to show up in something that fits correctly and she’s won the day."

This made me laugh :D. I do however, think that they may be on to something; William and Harry do look a little frumpy in suits that are not well-fitted. My suggestion would be to try slim-fitting suits. They certainly have the built to pull them off.

My suggestion would be to get a proper tailor that knows his trade! That shouldn't be too hard to find for Royal princes..

Last edited:
I said at the time that she would probably never wear that pin!
The design was rather casual but it was set with diamonds. Betwixt and between, not really suitable for anything.

I had hopes that she would wear it on her coat for Christmas at Sandringham.

For what it is worth (nothing!) I think Kate is a conservative dresser...nothing WOW IMO. William borders on being a bad dresser. Henry is more modern but still not what I would call a sharp dresser as some English folk can dress (and I confess to love :flowers:).

Don't look for the English Royal family for any fashion direction...woops! Am still stuck on the Grace Kelly model of fashion (although not my generation) with a modern twist.:winkiss:

:previous: Catherine modelling on Princess Grace would be nice but, only for the first two or three years of her marriage. After that Gacie was very housewifey (anyone remember the photo of her with her hair in a plaited coronet?)except for gala gigs and even then most of her bling was on loan.

If anyone has ever seen a re-run of Lassie, check out the mother. Knee length gathered dresses, heels and the ever present apron (sans bib). Then think . . . she must have only been in her mid twenties! Unlike todays Yummy Mummys, women were expected to look a little more matronly after the birth of their first child.

Last edited:
:previous: Oh, you have just destroyed my wonderful vision of Grace Kelly:scream:!!!

I now must get some therapy to get me back to the young, elegant Grace...

:previous::previous: Ops! Sorry about that. Just google Grace and you will see endless photos of her in her heyday, as a beautifully gowned and couffured Actress and young wife.

Pink? All I see is a cream outfit?

LaRae

I know how some of you feel about non official appearance pictures. If they are off your program stop reading.

Kate was spotted out in the park Aug week and pics posted/taken down/re-posted on Pop Sugar. Due to that and internet connection issues, I've just seen them. Kate Middleton Pushing Prince George in a Stroller | POPSUGAR Celebrity

I love her top which Anna at https://www.facebook.com/pages/My-small-obsessions/132426196846254 says is 8 years old. It's classic and the kind of summer thing I like. And I also hold on to classic looks for years.

That's all - it was just a small thing that made me happy. ;)

:previous: that pictures were published in early july:flowers:

they came out last month but popsugar removed then for a bit... I think I had posted them on thr Prince George thread:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, regardless of when they were published, Catherine looks great. She rocks casual wear, and I love the top.

I know how some of you feel about non official appearance pictures. If they are off your program stop reading.

Kate was spotted out in the park Aug week and pics posted/taken down/re-posted on Pop Sugar. Due to that and internet connection issues, I've just seen them. Kate Middleton Pushing Prince George in a Stroller | POPSUGAR Celebrity

I love her top which Anna at https://www.facebook.com/pages/My-small-obsessions/132426196846254 says is 8 years old. It's classic and the kind of summer thing I like. And I also hold on to classic looks for years.

That's all - it was just a small thing that made me happy. ;)

I love that top too! I'd wear it.

I like the way Kate has her hair up. Nice look. :flowers:

Last edited:
Maybe, to show appreciation. (But I bet she'll be gritting her teeth while she's wearing it!)

I know the designer chose the bear motif as a symbol of Canada, and I think it would work with very casual clothes, like jeans.
But that would be off because it's set with diamonds! Yet the bear would look weird on more formal clothing.

The designer should have picked something else, like the Northern Lights or even the maple leaf motif. Then Kate could get some use out of what is obviously an expensive brooch. But as it is? I doubt it.

Actually, both the brooch and cufflinks design are replicas of the Northwest Territories logo. Which since it was also the Official Gift to them from NWT, makes perfect sense design wise. I thought then and still do today that both pieces were gorgeous and the design lovely. As far as Kate and William wearing them, considering how William has taken on Wildlife Protection and the fight against poaching *and* the Polar Bear sadly becoming so endangered, there are going to be far more chances for these pieces to be seen in the Future I think than strictly for events to do w/Canada.

I don't tend to come in this thread often, so when I saw it was back at the top of Unread threads in my list, got curious and just wanted to comment when I saw it. :)

Pink? All I see is a cream outfit?

LaRae

I think it was a light dusty rose, if that is the true colour of the outfit, which in certain lights and also on film/video can look cream. You would be amazed at the differences seeing the colour of an outfit live and then after some time passing seeing it again on TV or in a picture and just be floored at the change in colour. I've lost count how many times over the years that's happened to me after attending a skating event that had been broadcast and me watching it later on DVD or being at that year's Cdn Stars on Ice taping the CBC does every year in the Spring and then come Christmas time, the broadcast and...

Now I'm also seeing a cream outfit in all those photos, but I also know that if it's a very light dusky rose, it can change into cream on film sometimes. It really is amazing what a difference a camera lens can do w/colour. :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I like Catherine's latest outfit - it looks comfortable and summerish. I'd wear it as well, since I love the colour. Catherine and I have a very similar taste in casual wear, I have the same blue and white striped top that she wore to the Commonwealth Games IIRC (but a different brand, I would think) and a lot of other tops that are very 'her'.

We in the US (and perhaps via streaming the world) are having a marathon running of The Simpsons television series in celebration of their anniversary. There are great episodes, awful episodes and episodes that plod. But it is fun to see how celebs have worked into plots over the years.
And Italian Artist Alexandro Palumbo seems to celebrate the running with a special project spotlighting the DOC as a Simpson's character and showing her in over 40 of her iconic fashion looks.
Humor Chic: Art - Princess Kate Middleton Simpsonized "Born to be an Icon" by aleXsandro Palombo
Love it or loathe it, I'm amazed at his research and his spot on detail. I like cartoon humor so this has made me smile.
And please notice - that I made an extra effort avoided the DM write up!:flowers:

Reactions: ada
Amazing likenesses! Great attention to details. It made me smile, as well. Good stuff!

That's really cool. I like all of the detail he put into her outfits.

All recent posts have been moved to the
The Duchess of Cambridge's Maternity Fashion
Thread

Love Catherine's yellow dress. Surprised though- I was expecting the dress she wore with George when he came home, but in pink.

I like the yellow dress too. It somehow suits the occasion more than pink. Catherine looks absolute beautiful. She's glowing with happiness.

:previous: Here is a photo of the dress in question (and a close-up). According to the Daily Mail, the designer is Jenny Packham. :flowers:

I think Catherine looked wonderful. At first, I wasn't so sure about her dress but now I like it. Yellow is an "unexpected" colour IMO, as we don't see it often on the royals, but it suits Catherine a lot (the latest royal yellow appearance was from Queen Maxima in Bonaire). I particularly like the floral pattern on the top half of the dress as it's very cheerful and spring like.

I like the yellow dress too. It somehow suits the occasion more than pink. Catherine looks absolute beautiful. She's glowing with happiness.

I must say I would have liked pink. But I do love the yellow too. It's sunny, and what's more sunny than a new baby? They are both glowing, and who can blame them? I love it. They glow all the time with kids that aren't theirs anyway, so a new child- glowing off the charts ! Not a big surprise.

Catherine did look wonderful and it was hard to believe that the woman had given birth on a couple of hours earlier!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom