The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 15: July 2014 - September 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate having a Marilyn moment brings clicks to an article. Camilla having one like she did in July doesn't so the press doesn't linger on it.

Good point. :flowers: It may be mainly men interested in the peek-a-boo. ;) Regardless of the female carping, Kate is a good-looking woman with a decently tended body. It's part of her mystique. (I doubt the photos would see the light of day if she did not have a fine leg, and bum. At a certain level, the photos are a compliment to her).

But if she had weights in the hem it wouldn't happen. Then there would be no story no photos. It just annoys me that she doesn't do that and I do wonder why.

Not necessarily. With the right aero-dynamics, those weights could be the cause of more 'high-flying' than without. Basic reality is, no one is withholding these pictures from publications. It's not Kate's choice, not really. Curiously, though, it becomes Kate's fault.

Anyway, she's made the corrections, but the paps are ever vigilant. :flowers:

Last edited:
Well... the queen is mostly wearing heavy coats and long-ish dresses... Hardly something for a young woman to emulate. And I saw someone posted an article that mentioned that the queen had gotten her petticoat blown up over her head and that prince Phillip wasn't allowed to help her with it since it was seen as improper so the lady-in-waiting helped and the photographers didn't post the pictures. The little story was only published as a very small footnote like a year after the incident. So who can say if the Queen have had similar moments?

Exactly... In the queens younger days when these events were more prone to happen (and by accounts, did), the press would have never ran them. It is a different era.

If I were Kate I would wear slacks to disembark aircraft... Or have the plane taxi to disembark away from the press and then have cars drive them around the plane on the tarmac to meet awaiting dignitaries. (oh would we hear a scream then! How KP was controlling the photo op.. Preventing them from getting their shot.

Even in NZ when she disembarked in a red coat dress with a baby she had wind gusts. The yellow dress in Canada was pure naïveté... But she has made efforts since then - it is a tricky business.

Dress slacks seem like a no no for the British royals. You almost never see them wearing them.

Kate wore velvet pants with a coat and boots to the hospice that one time that's is the only time I can think of for a non casual setting. All of the skinny jeans times are casual engagements where William if he was with her is casual too.

The Queen is hardly ever in pants except the time she had knee surgery.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I'm so tired of this - people on here just singling out Catherine - so here we go

I have had a look thru royal wardrobe malfunctions on Google. Because I think that these sort of things can happen to anyone, I am not putting in the links, but they include

Queen Elizabeth II
Queen Paola (awful)
Duchess of Cornwall
Maxima (as a princess on more than one occasion)
Mary of Denmark - oh dear!
Madeleine
Diana
Princess Michael of Kent
Princess Beatrice
Princess Victoria

and others, I just cant be bothered to list them all.

Get real people - it can happen to all of us.

The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 15: July 2014 -

Especially if you are getting out of a helicopter with rotors going or departing planes using roll up steps instead of the accordion gate thing that most regular people use to get off a plane. ?

I'm so tired of this - people on here just singling out Catherine - so here we go

I have had a look thru royal wardrobe malfunctions on Google. Because I think that these sort of things can happen to anyone, I am not putting in the links, but they include

Queen Elizabeth II
Queen Paola (awful)
Duchess of Cornwall
Maxima (as a princess on more than one occasion)
Mary of Denmark - oh dear!
Madeleine
Diana
Princess Michael of Kent
Princess Beatrice
Princess Victoria

and others, I just cant be bothered to list them all.

Get real people - it can happen to all of us.

What one of Mary are you referring to
I have looked and can only see her losing a shoe. Anyway I'm not looking anymore too much of Kate's bottom !!

Last edited:
Dress slacks seem like a no no for the British royals. You almost never see them wearing them.

Kate wore velvet pants with a coat and boots to the hospice that one time that's is the only time I can think of for a non casual setting. All of the skinny jeans times are casual engagements where William if he was with her is casual too.

The Queen is hardly ever in pants except the time she had knee surgery.

Dress slacks would be great thing for British royal women. I never understood why they never try it often. The Queen actually look good in slacks. Princess Anne is known to wear them on official engagements though.

Catherine is fine though.

What one of Mary are you referring to
I have looked and can only see her losing a shoe. Anyway I'm not looking anymore too much of Kate's bottom !!

I really do not agree with posting a link -that is promoting accidental moments for criticism. All I will say is she was wearing a purple outfit and it was v embarrassing but I am NOT prepared to embarrass her further.

If you don't believe me,there is nothing that I can say apart from she's had her moment along with a lot of other royals.

Crepe Well I haven't seen it so can't comment. But I have seen Kate's. As for Kate wearing pants she could do well to take a look at Mary in the white pants and jacket nothing to worry about just get on with the job

Dress slacks would be great thing for British royal women. I never understood why they never try it often. The Queen actually look good in slacks. Princess Anne is known to wear them on official engagements though.

Catherine is fine though.
Well, could be personal taste + the Queen being brought up that women wear skirts and dresses. I myself am an anomali in my generation because I can barely stand any pants that are not sweatpants, and go year around in my skirts :p So it could be personal preference + Kate has not worked in any buissness kind of enviroment which is the place women usually are introduced to slacks since most younger women wear jeans or shorts etc.

I really do not agree with posting a link -that is promoting accidental moments for criticism. All I will say is she was wearing a purple outfit and it was v embarrassing but I am NOT prepared to embarrass her further.

If you don't believe me,there is nothing that I can say apart from she's had her moment along with a lot of other royals.

The difference between the DoC and the other Royal women is that Kate has had more than her "moment". No one would comment or care that that much if it was something that had happened once or twice.

But none of the other Royal females on your list have had these kinds of multiple public embarrassments. And it's true that with the exception of the late Princess of Wales none of the others have been as relentlessly watched by photogs, the very realization that she IS so closely scrutinized would make most people more careful, jmo.

Last edited:

Well, could be personal taste + the Queen being brought up that women wear skirts and dresses. I myself am an anomali in my generation because I can barely stand any pants that are not sweatpants, and go year around in my skirts :p So it could be personal preference + Kate has not worked in any buissness kind of enviroment which is the place women usually are introduced to slacks since most younger women wear jeans or shorts etc.

You don't even see the women on staff such as Rebecca Deacon wearing dress slacks.

Also the NZ lady who knitted the shawl for George had a face to face meeting with the Cambridges when in NZ. She said the details were she had to wear a dress.

http://i.stuff.co.nz/national/royal-tour/9872283/Date-with-royals-for-shawl-spinner

It's seems like there is some of edict against dress pants.

You don't even see the women on staff such as Rebecca Deacon wearing dress slacks.

Also the NZ lady who knitted the shawl for George had a face to face meeting with the Cambridges when in NZ. She said the details were she had to wear a dress.

http://i.stuff.co.nz/national/royal-tour/9872283/Date-with-royals-for-shawl-spinner

It's seems like there is some of edict against dress pants.

Well there goes me meeting them then. I nearly live in pants casual jeans to elegant evening ones

Catherine has been careful and she carries herself with a great deal of class as a senior member of the royal family. Again, she will have those tough wardrobe moments. That's just life. What's classless is the media printing those pictures and people online feeding the media's interest in capturing such photos.

The only one I can find is a little flip up at front of her dress.
Anyway I'm not bothered about trying to find what your referring too
As I have said before if she wasn't holding her dress down and flipping her hair out of her face I'm sure she could relax and do her job JMO

I believe part of it may be the long courtship. Just an idea.

H.M was photographed once in trousers after surgery and then a private photograph from Brittiania turned up from I believe the 1970's of her also wearing trousers. The latter was so curious The very well respected Times ran it as a front page cover.

Last edited by a moderator:
What did surprise me and has done in the past is that more has not been made by certain sections of the media for DOC wearing non-British designers. Just an observation.

The color of the coat was great! I've always liked cobalt blue/electic blue.. and all the bright shades of blue...The line is very elegant... maybe too much for a sport event! I also think that she shouldn't have bought another new coat... She has plenty of them! If she wanted to sport the color of the rugby team, why not wearing her Armani red coat? That is really beautiful. Still not liking her hair.

She doesn't often wear nonBritish designers.
Exactly! She mostly wear British designs, rather more than alot of princesses wear their contrymens designs. I see no problem with her not dressing all day every day in brittish designs.

The color of the coat was great! I've always liked cobalt blue/electic blue.. and all the bright shades of blue...The line is very elegant... maybe too much for a sport event! I also think that she shouldn't have bought another new coat... She has plenty of them! If she wanted to sport the color of the rugby team, why not wearing her Armani red coat? That is really beautiful. Still not liking her hair.
I don't think she could have worn Red because it would have been seen as her rooting on England, and her husband is patron of the Welsh team.

I don't think she could have worn Red because it would have been seen as her rooting on England, and her husband is patron of the Welsh team.
I thought I read somewhere that red and blue were the colors... I must have been mistaken... :flowers:

The colors of the Wales and England teams are the colors of their flags - the St George's Cross and The Red Dragon.

The uniforms the English wore the other day where the away uniforms, home uniforms are all white, Wales wears a red shirt with white accents and white shorts at home and black with red and gold away.

Exactly... In the queens younger days when these events were more prone to happen (and by accounts, did), the press would have never ran them. It is a different era... The yellow dress in Canada was pure naïveté... But she has made efforts since then - it is a tricky business.

Actually, scrolling through Getty - I did see one of the Queen's oops wind moments captured by the press - back in the days when she wore stylish full skirts in warm climes.

We have (and I would guess will continue) to see Kate on vacation in swimsuits, so much of the exposure is old news. But it clearly irritates a lot of RF members.

I'm suggesting sports compression shorts for Kate. You know - the sort female players wear under field hockey or cheerleader skirts? She could coordinate the color the same way the queen coordinates her umbrella with outfits.
Either that or buy large rubber bands and use them around the hem when stepping out into a wind. She could keep several in the glove box for unexpected gusts. :lol::ROFLMAO::lol:

Actually, scrolling through Getty - I did see one of the Queen's oops wind moments captured by the press - back in the days when she wore stylish full skirts in warm climes.

We have (and I would guess will continue) to see Kate on vacation in swimsuits, so much of the exposure is old news. But it clearly irritates a lot of RF members.

I'm suggesting sports compression shorts for Kate. You know - the sort female players wear under field hockey or cheerleader skirts? She could coordinate the color the same way the queen coordinates her umbrella with outfits.
Either that or buy large rubber bands and use them around the hem when stepping out into a wind. She could keep several in the glove box for unexpected gusts. :lol::ROFLMAO::lol:

Actually I think there's been a couple times that it appears she has worn them or something like them under her dresses...we've seen them because well the wind blew the skirts around.

LaRae

The difference between the DoC and the other Royal women is that Kate has had more than her "moment". No one would comment or care that that much if it was something that had happened once or twice.

But none of the other Royal females on your list have had these kinds of multiple public embarrassments. And it's true that with the exception of the late Princess of Wales none of the others have been as relentlessly watched by photogs, the very realization that she IS so closely scrutinized would make most people more careful, jmo.

I don't believe Kate has many of those moments now.
Really, I feel too much has been made of that slit in the dress. It didn't show more leg than Letizia did in that flapper dress she donned recently in Miami.

I can't recall any Royal lady who hasn't had a wardrobe malfunction at some point.

As for Kate having more embarrassing moments than other Royals, I think it is due to the fact that she is photographed so much more! The cameras never stop ( and the press is hoping to find something-anything- to create a controversy).

I thought I read somewhere that red and blue were the colors... I must have been mistaken... :flowers:
Ah, might be! I just assumed that the Welsh and English teams had different colours.. But I know nothing of rugby so you might be right :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom