The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 15: July 2014 - September 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: I got that vibe too. Regardless that the dress is pretty, even elegant.

Kate looked very lovely and elegant for the christening of her daughter.
Aunt Pippa did even better. Very beautiful dress!

I liked Kate's white dress MUCH better than Pippa's. It wasn't even close imo. It was kind of boring to me.

Kate always looks great in red. So, I loved what she wore to Wimbeldon.

Nice to see her with a well-groomed "grown-up's" hairstyle. Completes the look.

I agree. :flowers: The hair was perfection. Her whole look was very elegant at the christening. Pleasure to see.

The red dress isn't a good look. The skirt is too long and makes it look strange.
William looks rather dapper.

The red dress isn't a good look. The skirt is too long and makes it look strange.

William looks rather dapper.

I don't like the length of the skirt either. It doesn't look good in this instance, especially since Catherine can pull off kne-length just fine. As for William looking dapper, yes, the man knows how to wear a suit, a tux, and a uniform quite well. I've yet to see him look anything less than dapper.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Catherine looks fabulous! I don't have a problem with the dress. I'm not so keen on her clutch though, but that's just due to personal preference.

I think the dress looks great. It seems like she is following the current trend of a 50s look and I think she can carry it off very well. As to William, I think he looks nice but would love to see him in something other than a blue suit or khakis and shirt/sweater. (I wonder how many he has.) People criticize Catherine for being dull in her dress .... William is far more dull in his. Maybe he should ask for some sartorial advice from his father. :)

i very much preferred george's christening outfit. this one was rather bland. in fact, she should have worn pippa's outfit instead, she stole the show.

:previous: Not sure precisely what is enough, since the reference was posted in July of last year and I am pretty sure that this is July 2015, not 2014.

I like the ponytail... that's all: there isn't much to say!

Me the only i want to say nice earrings :)

I think Catherine looks great. She pretty much always does in casual wear. The outfit was practical, since it was raining, and I do believe she changed from her boat shoes, and fleece into a pair of wedges/heels, and blazer for the presentation of medals. I loved the ponytail, and earrings too.

I'm glad to see her working. As for how she looked I think she looked radiant becaise she has such a nice smile, and I liked her hair.

I agree with those who have said that there's not much to say about this outfit, but Catherine looks nice and it's great to see her again. I also agree with Daria, Catherine rocks casual wear.

Sometimes I like her clothing choices and sometimes I don't, but I believe she always looks appropriate.
For the occasion she looks nice (though I think that striped top could use a rest).

She came on this event expecting to be out at sea watching the racing and she dressed for the event. She brought along a smart jacket for the prize giving and that worked as well.

"Followers" need to understand that she isn't into fashion ,is no fashionista. She wears what she is comfortable with. Her focus is else where, including getting William to buy a new pair of jeans. great!

She came on this event expecting to be out at sea watching the racing and she dressed for the event. She brought along a smart jacket for the prize giving and that worked as well.

"Followers" need to understand that she isn't into fashion ,is no fashionista. She wears what she is comfortable with. Her focus is else where, including getting William to buy a new pair of jeans. great!

I get the same gist. She has her own style that makes her feel comfortable, and confident. She's on the classy, and elegant side, and as we have seen, she is passing the same style down to her children. Like many of us, she dresses for work, and looks appropriate. I love her style, and am very happy that she's not a clothes horse, or a follower of the latest trends.

I think Catherine looks great. She pretty much always does in casual wear. The outfit was practical, since it was raining, and I do believe she changed from her boat shoes, and fleece into a pair of wedges/heels, and blazer for the presentation of medals. I loved the ponytail, and earrings too.

Reminds me of the "Royal Olympic spectator outfit" that we see from the various royal families when they are viewing their athletes' performances. Sensible hairstyle and shoes for today's weather and event.

Kate is into fashion,IMO, but conservative fashion. Look at her fashionable christening outfit and, her first job was with a fashion accessories company.
A couple of royal Women who are not into fashion, IMO of course because how do we know what they think after all, are autumn Phillips and princess anne

It's like she has one uniform for casual yet official events.
It looks good on her though.

I like the outfit (or what I can see of it), but so far, the hair doesn't do it for me. Maybe if she pushed the bangs to one side instead of having it parted in the middle...I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Bor-ing.. Doesn't look like a new-do to me. Pretty smile!

Kate is into fashion,IMO, but conservative fashion. Look at her fashionable christening outfit and, her first job was with a fashion accessories company.
A couple of royal Women who are not into fashion, IMO of course because how do we know what they think after all, are autumn Phillips and princess anne
Forgive me but did the then Ms. Middleton not work for Jigsaw part time due to the owners being family friends and their being very understanding about her need for flexibility around her work schedule and private life?

The coat is a Hobbs coat she has worn multiple times (watch here: "Celeste" Coat | Kate's Clothes ) and my speculation is that the turtleneck is from the Seraphine dress she wore in New York. ( https://katemiddletonjewelry.files.wordpress.com/2015/04/kate-nyc.jpg )
I am glad to see them out and at prayers. But am I alone in thinking that The DOC looks tired? Not to criticise the woman, just saying.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am glad to see them out and at prayers. But am I alone in thinking that The DOC looks tired? Not to criticise the woman, just saying.

She's probably still getting up at least once during the night with her 4 month old baby.

Probably more likely 2 to 3 times at least. My youngest grandchild is 9 months old and she's still up at least twice a night.

LaRae

She is going to church not walking a catwalk at Fashion Week. It was never going to be fashion cutting edge.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom