The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 14: May 2014 - July 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We all have different opinion and I stick to my opinion. Whether this was a private meeting or not, I still find her dress pretty casual. Im not saying she needs hair done, a fancy suit/dress on but something more appropriate. I personally wouldn't think of attending an office meeting, conference in such an outfit. Iw would wear that to the park or run errands but then as I said we can agree or disagree and many people in such matters might think it is appropriate and other not.

I do not believe this dress can be casual enough to be wore to the park. To me, casual means tee and jeans or shorts.

And I noticed from the trend of comments in this thread and other royals' fashion thread that lsome people here simply do not like print on a dress.

I am beginning to dislike this forum with the constant bashing of Catherine on her hair and clothing on every appearance. She dress very safely, simple yet elegant. For those who complain about her 'boring' style, how exciting you want her to be? Something like Queen Max? I love Queen Max but she is in a different league. Different people have different style and royal houses tends to do things more differently,

When she leave her hair down, people complain it's messy.
When she did her hair half up and down, people complain that it looks childish. I did not see any childishness in her hair.
The only hairstyle people here want to see is a updo for both day and night time. Perhaps Catherine should adopt Princess Anne's hairstyle day in day out or just cut it short like Princess Charlene to keep it simple.

I really want to see those peoples here, who are so critical, in person of how is their dress sense personally and their own hairstyle.

that dress was lovely but IMO it made her look gaunt and almost ill... Don't know why... Not sure about the hair style: i prefer her with glossy, voluminous and thick hair!

I think the pink dress is quite attractive on Kate. I do wish she'd stand up straight though and not slouch. Her clothes would hang better on her if she stood up straight.

I think the dress is perfect for Wimbledon; not keen on the curls but it's her hair!

Did she say that she didn't want a personal dresser? Looks like it might be time to hire one. The press is falling out of love with Kate and beginning to make slight digs and comparisons with other people. Hurtful? Yes! Disgraceful? Yes? Hint to get a personal dresser or fashion advisor? Yes!

I kind of like the curls.
Love the white dress.

The white dress is lovely!!! Didn't she wear it in the Australian tour?

I think the pink dress is quite attractive on Kate. I do wish she'd stand up straight though and not slouch. Her clothes would hang better on her if she stood up straight.

Agree with you. I think she should stop holding her kluches with the two hands, and stand up her shoulders.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did she say that she didn't want a personal dresser? Looks like it might be time to hire one. The press is falling out of love with Kate and beginning to make slight digs and comparisons with other people. Hurtful? Yes! Disgraceful? Yes? Hint to get a personal dresser or fashion advisor? Yes!

No. It isnt hurtful because she wont be reading this rubbish and it is rubbish. she does not have either the status or the budget of Queens and Crown Princesses.

And believe me, if she employed a dresser while still part time, it is the same papers who would really rip into her.

I know this is afashion thread and it is important to the majority of posters but fashion is not her priority.

Nice for the tennis .. and the little bag is also a casual piece as well and looks good with this outfit. I agree time for a personal assistant her fashion may not be her priority but it is toime IMO I agree linda85.

I liked the blue print dress, the pink dress and this lovely white one. Glad we get to see it again! Her hair is pretty, but I do wish she's cut a few inches off. There's long and then there's too long:flowers:

I am beginning to dislike this forum with the constant bashing of Catherine on her hair and clothing on every appearance. She dress very safely, simple yet elegant. For those who complain about her 'boring' style, how exciting you want her to be? Something like Queen Max? I love Queen Max but she is in a different league. Different people have different style and royal houses tends to do things more differently,

When she did her hair half up and down, people complain that it looks childish. I did not see any childishness in her hair.
The only hairstyle people here want to see is a updo for both day and night time.

I really want to see those peoples here, who are so critical, in person of how is their dress sense personally and their own hairstyle.

To say you find Kate's style is becoming boring is not constantly bashing her, particularly if this remark is tempered with other positive comments about her. Similarly, to comment that her latest hairstyle looks childish does not implicate that she should always style her hair in an up do. This is a fashion forum, and providing we express our views in an appropriate manner, it is perfectly reasonable to comment critically on Kate's appearance. There is no reason to dislike a forum because there are comments which you don't always agree with.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Cute white eyelet dress. Like her hair today. Doesn't she have naturally curly hair? Then why would it fall straight like yesterday after a few hours

I seldom comment on Katherine's fashion choices except in a positive way otherwise I keep my mouth shut. During all the comments on hair and makeup I have made NO comments at all. At the recent Garden Party I thought Kate's makeup looked nice and as if she had "calmed down" on the eyeliner. However ... I have to say that the past three outings since then have shown otherwise. I will say it only once, but the eyeliner is waaay over the top and is making her look much older than she is. There is one picture in particular at Wimbledon, I believe they are arriving, where it is VERY obvious. If she keeps this look she is going to begin to set herself up for some really nasty comments, not to mention laughter. That's it! I say no more but I truly think it's time for her to make some changes and they are not all that many or even big ones. Applying eye liner in that way was never really the fashion! Except in very avant garde situations, which we know is "not Kate".

Last edited:
Well, I am not crazy about the hairstyle, but hey! It's a change. Change is always good in my book. As for it being "childish", unless she is wearing "pig tails" there was/is nothing childish about it. She is probably just trying out new ways to wear her hair, so that it does not get in the way of her doing her job.

Cute white eyelet dress. Like her hair today. Doesn't she have naturally curly hair? Then why would it fall straight like yesterday after a few hours

My hairdresser friends are asking this too. Kates's hair in the past has frizzed or drooped a bit - but yesterday was a lot of droop.
The consensus is that the culprit is either styling product (a different product and too much) or a change in her hair because of childbearing (there is not good way to say that).
If her hair is growing at 0.5 inches a month (and it does seem to grow rapidly) we are now seeing 10-12 inches of baby-influenced hair.

[...]she does not have either the status or the budget of Queens and Crown Princesses.[...]

I have the idea that budget-wise the Duchess of Cambridge is only outpowered by Queen Máxima of the Netherlands and Princess Charlène of Monaco. I am almost sure that Catherine is far above Mette-Marit, Mathilde, Letizia, Stéphanie or Victoria in terms of budget.

:flowers:

I have the idea that budget-wise the Duchess of Cambridge is only outpowered by Queen Máxima of the Netherlands and Princess Charlène of Monaco. I am almost sure that Catherine is far above Mette-Marit, Mathilde, Letizia, Stéphanie or Victoria in terms of budget.

:flowers:

No. She and William are funded through Charles. He pays for everything to do with their royal life. (and possibly more). And, as confirmed by royal reporters, there is no official money to give them directly to fund full time royal duties.

They are NOT in the same position of the people you name. The equivalent of those people is Camilla or the Queen.

Absolutely not in those peoples league at all.

William does have access to the monies left to him by his mother but I would imagine they don't mess about with that very much.

LaRae

William does have access to the monies left to him by his mother but I would imagine they don't mess about with that very much.

LaRae

you're right. I think that will be put aside for the children. Certainly wont touch the capital.

you're right. I think that will be put aside for the children. Certainly wont touch the capital.

Yes for the ones that will be the 'spares' ...George shouldn't have need of it.

LaRae

I liked the blue print dress, the pink dress and this lovely white one. Glad we get to see it again! Her hair is pretty, but I do wish she's cut a few inches off. There's long and then there's too long:flowers:

I was wondering why Kate doesn't braid her hair sometimes, at least for casual events? A French braid, or perhaps a single side braid, would give her a different look, and be pretty.

No. She and William are funded through Charles. He pays for everything to do with their royal life. (and possibly more). And, as confirmed by royal reporters, there is no official money to give them directly to fund full time royal duties.

They are NOT in the same position of the people you name. The equivalent of those people is Camilla or the Queen.

Absolutely not in those peoples league at all.

Yes, I agree. Kate should not be compared with Letizia as the Daily Mail has been doing since the abdication.

However, it seems a bit odd to me that there is no money to fund full time royal duties for the Cambridges but there is money to fund three homes for them.

Nice for the tennis .. and the little bag is also a casual piece as well and looks good with this outfit. I agree time for a personal assistant her fashion may not be her priority but it is toime IMO I agree linda85.

I said the same thing earlier today regarding a fashion advisor. I was in the wrong thread! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

I loved that bag the first time we saw on the Canadian tour http://www.catwalkqueen.tv/assets_c/2011/07/Kate_Middleton_Canada_collage_1-94106.html although I thought it a bit casual for her ensemble then, w/ the white dress at Wimbledon today it was perfect.

. . . . . I am beginning to dislike this forum with the constant bashing of Catherine on her hair and clothing on every appearance. She dress very safely, simple yet elegant. For those who complain about her 'boring' style, how exciting you want her to be? Something like Queen Max? I love Queen Max but she is in a different league. Different people have different style and royal houses tends to do things more differently,

The only hairstyle people here want to see is a updo for both day and night time. Perhaps Catherine should adopt Princess Anne's hairstyle day in day out or just cut it short like Princess Charlene to keep it simple.
You are falling into a common error. You obviously think that any criticism of Catherine's hair, makeup, dress and shoes is, in some wierd way, a personal attack of some kind directed at Catherine. It is not! Her hair gets in the way . . . we comment. Her hair rocks . . . we comment. We dislike a dress . . . well you get the picture. In fact your comment that she dresses safely, simple yet elegant, is your opinion, and others have the right to disagree.

This is a thread that is specifically designed for us to do just that. "The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion". Needless to say, the same applies to her evening wear.

And here is where you make it both personal and confrontational towards other posters. Our dress, hair and public persona are totally irrelevant because we are not "The Duchess of Cambridge".

I am picking the problem lies with the length and body of her hair. It is longer since she had George and she really does have an over-abundance of healthy but heavy hair and I think the sheer weight of if can just pull those curls straight. Going out with hair not 100% dry or being in humid conditions also effcts hair.

In general, I think most posts about Catherine's day-time fashion are quite positive and personally when I see negative comments, I kind of can see that point of view too.

The problem as I see it is that Catherine is considered just as high profile and of the same status royally (as well as fashion-wise) as people such as Maxima, Mathilde, Letizia and Mary - whereas the fact of the matter is that she is not and should therefore not be seen or judged in the same way until she becomes the equivalent of a crown princess.

Catherine has done well so far to navigate what is appropriate, what is fashionable, what is British etc etc. At special occasions such as Trooping the Colour, she wears special, more haute couture clothing, with a more defined hairstyle, all of which I guess is what she will wear more often when she becomes Princess of Wales.

I don't think she needs a stylist as such, certainly not in her current position, but I will expect her to have a full army of dressers, stylists and fashion advisors on hand 24/7 when her status is eventually elevated!

Kate at Wimbledon, wearing a white dress by Australian fashion brand Zimmermann. She also wore the elegant knee-length outfit in Sydney during the Royal Tour in April.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/07/02/article-2677833-1F55066700000578-337_470x666.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/07/02/article-2677833-1F54FA4200000578-477_470x666.jpg

Love this dress and I'm so glad she recycled it again so soon. The red shawl she was carrying was a great colour. Her hair looked quite nice at the event. larger curls suit her much nicer than thinner curls (last event).

And I noticed from the trend of comments in this thread and other royals' fashion thread that lsome people here simply do not like print on a dress.
Maybe print is just not for everyone to like just how many people don't like colour blocking outfits.

In general, I think most posts about Catherine's day-time fashion are quite positive and personally when I see negative comments, I kind of can see that point of view too.

The problem as I see it is that Catherine is considered just as high profile and of the same status royally (as well as fashion-wise) as people such as Maxima, Mathilde, Letizia and Mary - whereas the fact of the matter is that she is not and should therefore not be seen or judged in the same way until she becomes the equivalent of a crown princess.

Catherine has done well so far to navigate what is appropriate, what is fashionable, what is British etc etc. At special occasions such as Trooping the Colour, she wears special, more haute couture clothing, with a more defined hairstyle, all of which I guess is what she will wear more often when she becomes Princess of Wales.

I don't think she needs a stylist as such, certainly not in her current position, but I will expect her to have a full army of dressers, stylists and fashion advisors on hand 24/7 when her status is eventually elevated!

I think this is a very fair and sound comment. It's true she has, as you say, navigated the tricky areas with considerable success. One thing I would say is that now is her opportunity to be more experimental, because once she is "elevated", it is likely there will be greater pressure for conformity to how British Royals dress for the various types of functions. I know I have said this before, but I really was hoping Kate would have introduced wearing smart trousers to events - so practical and you just know she would look sooo good.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

None of the women in BRF wear dress pants on engagements. Kate did it once. The Queen wore a pantsuit to leave the hospital after knee surgery. Even the staff is in dresses, you don't see Rebecca wearing them. Just about the only one is Sgt Probert, the RPO which makes sense.

^^^I've seen Sophie in dress pants on occasion but AFAIK she's the only one who seems to do it. Anne and Kate seem to keep them for casual events where they might be needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom