The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 14: May 2014 - July 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very attractive.

I guess the question that comes to my mind is that does she have a to have a new dress for virtually every appearance? Why can't she repeat her dresses more often.

This is actually a likely repeat dress worn from a visit to Scotland in May. See my above post about it.

Very attractive.

I guess the question that comes to my mind is that does she have a to have a new dress for virtually every appearance? Why can't she repeat her dresses more often.

I think Kate repeats clothing more than any of the other royal ladies. (Not counting Anne).

Last edited:
I think Kate is actually very good about repeating outfits, to the point where some people comment negatively on it. I would say most of her outfits we see worn more than once.

Very attractive.

This is actually a likely repeat dress worn from a visit to Scotland in May. See my above post about it.

I think Kate repeats clothing more than any of the other royal ladies. (Not counting Anne).

I think Kate is actually very good about repeating outfits, to the point where some people comment negatively on it. I would say most of her outfits we see worn more than once.

I appreciate she wears her clothes more than once, but she could do well to wear them 20-30 times to public engagements. I really don't think it would be unbecoming of her royal role in any way if she was seen to continually reuse her "staples", quite like Camilla does.

Steering clear of the hair up or down debate, I also think that for a daytime engagement like today, over-styled hair like she had today does not work, in my opinion.

Steering clear of the hair up or down debate, I also think that for a daytime engagement like today, over-styled hair like she had today does not work, in my opinion.

I think this lady will never please when it comes to her hair. :sad:

Wear the same outfit 20-30 times? She only been married to William for 3 years so it would be hard to wear something 20 times unless she just went to 3 to 4 outfits and rotated them.

I don't remember having seen this dress before- it's a pretty blue print dress with interesting detailing at the hem.

The Duchess of Cambridge at conference | MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASHİON

Kate looking very casual and underdressed for the event. I would've expected a suit, a more formal dress. This dress is more ideal for a stroll in the park, run errands etc. Moreover, Im not fond of the dresses print.

A couple of off-topic posts have been removed.

The Duchess of Cambridge today, July 1, visiting an M-PACT Plus Counselling programme at Blessed Sacrament School, wearing a Goat dress in pink:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Side view **Upper part 1 **

The dress is lovely and so is the color and detailing but the belt isn't working for me. It sits a bit too high which would work on a maternity outfit. Her hair looked good but not fond of the curls pulled to the front.

the print is very granny-ish and from a decade when Kate was not alive yet, as usualy the hair is covering the whole front and Kate is slouching along as if the hair weighs her down.

It's not granny-ish. I've seen a lot of dresses with this style of print lately--it's coming back. It's not unusual for something that was in fashion 20 or so years ago to come back into style.

Last edited:
The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 14: May 2014 -

Kate always looks good and this dress is fine for the occasion. Not keen on the hairstyle with the fussy ringlet curls. I would love her to follow her sister and have a good few inches off the length.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited:
Pretty, nothing terribly exciting. Is it just me or does Kate look like she's not feeling very well? :ermm:

She looks tired. Can't say I am a fan of her hairstyle but the dress is nice.

I agree, the hairstyle is rather fussy for a day time engagement with children.

Last edited by a moderator:
The hair is still really poor and I don't like the vermillon colour at all I quite liked the blue previosly but this is untidy IMO

The dress is okay. Don't really have an opinion on it besides it seems to be a little too loose. But omg that hair. Like who taught her how to curl her hair?!

Nice colour of the dress. As usual, it is lovely to see the Duchess of Cambridge out and about. However, I'm going off retro styles now and wish that she would too. Her beautiful hair is styled in a bit of a dodgy way. Catherine appears to be slouching rather a lot - shoulders back dear!

I really like the color of the dress. At first I thought I didn't like the style of it, but then I realized that it's mainly just the metal bit on the belt that I'm not fond of. And I actually like the hairstyle - nice to see her try something a bit different, and I think it sets off the dress well.

Given that Kate can generally look good in anything, I do think she hasn't wowed or surprised us for a long time. I generally like what she wears but I'm finding her outfits so boring and safe. I don't want her to do anything ridiculous, but I would like to see a stronger statement in her clothes. I really think she needs some inspiration with regard to her hair- there is something almost childish in the way she wears it and today is perhaps the worst example of this I can recall.

Given that Kate can generally look good in anything, I do think she hasn't wowed or surprised us for a long time. I generally like what she wears but I'm finding her outfits so boring and safe. I don't want her to do anything ridiculous, but I would like to see a stronger statement in her clothes. I really think she needs some inspiration with regard to her hair- there is something almost childish in the way she wears it and today is perhaps the worst example of this I can recall.

I have to agree with all your observations, although in my opinion being on the "safe" side does not have to be "boring". I think she has yet to find "her style" for each occasion.

The dress per se is all right. Catherine's, The Duchess of Cambridge, posture and makeup leave much to be desired.

Today's dress is lovely. Great color and style. Catherine looked very elegant in it, without being over-the-top.

Dress is very nice, fits well, nice gathers on the bodice and good length and really gorgeous color. The shoes look very nice too, not clunky. Her hairdo however was really among the worst I've seen her wear, it does look childish, I agree.

Kate looking very casual and underdressed for the event. I would've expected a suit, a more formal dress. This dress is more ideal for a stroll in the park, run errands etc. Moreover, Im not fond of the dresses print.
From what I've read William and Catherine attended this event (the blue print dress medical meeting) privately to learn about the work being done. Thus no press and only what appear to be snaps from a cell phone of Catherine and none of William. We don't know the nature of the meeting, but we can assume that neither Catherine or William were making a presentation. I don't know what type of meetings you frequent, but IME her dress is entirely appropriate for a daytime meeting in a professional office environment and much like I would see in less formal working business meetings and among the audience at conferences or presentations - particularly if the weather is warm. To criticize her choice of dress for this private meeting w/out even knowing the exact nature of the event or seeing how other attendees (if any) dressed seems to me to demonstrates a bias against the Duchess rather than being some kind of opinion or observation based on evidence.

She looks tired. Can't say I am a fan of her hairstyle but the dress is nice . . .
. . . Her beautiful hair is styled in a bit of a dodgy way. Catherine appears to be slouching rather a lot - shoulders back dear!
. . . I really think she needs some inspiration with regard to her hair- there is something almost childish in the way she wears it and today is perhaps the worst example of this I can recall.
One of the most noticeable things about her appearance is, not surprisingly, her hair and it's return to the dreaded "Sausage" curls which look delightful on a small child. On a mature woman, not so much.

I think the heavy eyeliner in natural sunlight is what makes her look tired and as the day passes, her hair straightens out making a heavy curtain which lengthens her face and often makes her look quite drawn.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-J9DF1ocZz...cle-2676324-1F4CAB3100000578-482_964x1360.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-dD7xxbXi7...icle-2676324-1F4D657000000578-366_964x781.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-8WaQ-vF0h...0/Capture+d’écran+2014-07-01+à+19.15.57.png

I am glad others are noticing the that Catherine is beginning to slouch most of the time and it doesn't help the way her clothes sit. Tailoring may look bad when the problem is just the way she sits, stands and walks.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/07/01/article-2676324-1F4CAB3100000578-482_964x1360.jpg

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-...-EJGY8zg8Y/s1600/blogger-image-1484883128.jpg

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-...QTaVhQKVb5M/s1600/blogger-image--93927074.jpg

With the particular dress, we see a return to the "moveable waisteline" which I am assuming is a result of her being long waisted and the dress being not! (Either that, or . . .) This is one of the best shots of that particular phenomenon.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-y020Uk1gv...icle-2676324-1F4CC20800000578-824_470x721.jpg

The red dress is very lovely. I love the color.

From what I've read William and Catherine attended this event (the blue print dress medical meeting) privately to learn about the work being done. Thus no press and only what appear to be snaps from a cell phone of Catherine and none of William. We don't know the nature of the meeting, but we can assume that neither Catherine or William were making a presentation. I don't know what type of meetings you frequent, but IME her dress is entirely appropriate for a daytime meeting in a professional office environment and much like I would see in less formal working business meetings and among the audience at conferences or presentations - particularly if the weather is warm. To criticize her choice of dress for this private meeting w/out even knowing the exact nature of the event or seeing how other attendees (if any) dressed seems to me to demonstrates a bias against the Duchess rather than being some kind of opinion or observation based on evidence.

We all have different opinion and I stick to my opinion. Whether this was a private meeting or not, I still find her dress pretty casual. Im not saying she needs hair done, a fancy suit/dress on but something more appropriate. I personally wouldn't think of attending an office meeting, conference in such an outfit. Iw would wear that to the park or run errands but then as I said we can agree or disagree and many people in such matters might think it is appropriate and other not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom