The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 14: May 2014 - July 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I realy love her Mcqueen dress, it realy suits her, but maybe she would can change her hat designer, Beacause, her hats aren't very nice, they would be great for older woman, not for her

Sent from my MediaPad 7 Youth using The Royals Community mobile app
This is a recycled dress from the Jubilee service. I like seeing it out again.

Love the style but the color does nothing for her, she needs color!

Last edited by a moderator:
Never thought this dress was anything special and without the "belt" it looks even more blah...

It is so complicated for some members to imagine that she simply might not like her hair up? especially for a young lady in daytime appearances it is not such an obligation to have hair up.

It is a constant obsession in this forum.
Your comment had me laughing, it seems Catherine can do no right and still always be wrong at the same time, be damned it you do and be damned if you don't.......
She is till a young lady which many members seem to forget, not old with short gray hair and curls, she is young and full of life and sexy at the same time, something her husband must love. Even at my ole age I wish I had hair like hers and would wear it down so it could fly. She has beautiful hair, thick and full and I bet William just loves her hair!
She looks wonderful, the style of the dress, the color with the trim and even the length is perfect and very much ladylike.......and that's a problem for some....good grief!

General comment: ALL fashion threads on this forum are becoming more partisan instead of a critique of the clothes worn.

She looks good in that dress but the dress is boring, there is nothing special about the color or style.

Question: Why does it, the dress, have to be special? It's seems perfect for the outing that she was involved in, the color, white and navy, was a great choice..........what more did it need?

:flowers:The second dress is very pretty, even though she has worn it before, it is nice to see again. I think the fit is perfect for her, shows she takes care of herself, the lace is very beautiful and the color is soft and becoming on her. That hat is okay, when I saw the lace trim on top of the hat, that made it more in line with the dress, they looked nice together. Love the pearl earrings, quite nice for this dress. In one day, she made 2 very nice choices on what to wear.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not too fond of the stripes by the shoulders on the first dress, but otherwise, it's quite elegant. The garden party outfit is absolutely lovely.

Sent from my SM-N900T using The Royals Community mobile app

Adore the coral lace dress,fits like a glove, the longer length marks her look so long and elegant. Love the hair half back so we can see her earrings, face and nice neckline
I don't know where it is exactly written, as crepe asked, but touching your hair, face, fingers in the ears, fiddling with your bra straps, hiking up your underwear, cracking your knuckles and generally touching yourself is considered poor etiquette.

Ooh- I love this outfit! :clap:
But I liked it better with the first hat. This one looks like a potato chip.

I like Kate's dress, and she wears it fabulously . . . it looks like she has soften her dark makeup quite a bit ;)

I like both these recent dresses and her choice of accessories to go with them. If she keeps dressing like that she could go commando every day and we would never know, which is as it should be.

She should tie that damn hair back. It blows around and she constantly fiddles with it and that's not only distracting and irritating but also gives the impression she doesn't know better and is obsessed with her own appearance. Public grooming like that is bad manners. She shouldn't be constantly fiddling with any part of her body. If she doesn't like to wear her hair tied back or up, she should get it cut.

:previous: Well, that was clear, concise and to the point. There is no room to mistake your stance and I heartily concur.

General comment: ALL fashion threads on this forum are becoming more partisan instead of a critique of the clothes worn.
Unfortunately we seem to be picking up a new breed of posters who only want everyone to wholeheartedly agree that (in this case) the Duchess of Cambridge is perfection personified and any who disagree will be considered "haters". There is no middle ground. Fashion equals personality so, if I think a dress is too short I will be considered to have said that Catherine is immodest, etc. ad nauseum.

Adore the coral lace dress,fits like a glove, the longer length marks her look so long and elegant. Love the hair half back so we can see her earrings, face and nice neckline
I don't know where it is exactly written, as crepe asked, but touching your hair, face, fingers in the ears, fiddling with your bra straps, hiking up your underwear, cracking your knuckles and generally touching yourself is considered poor etiquette.
I like the lace look on Catherine and I love her hairstyle. It gives us an opportunity see her face clearly, and admire her jewellery (beautiful pearl drops) and her hairstyle itself (which is very elegant) and, in this case, her hat which unfortunately IMO is not as interesting as the first one.

The graden party dress is lovely but I do prefer it with the belt. Not fond of her hat at all and I must say I am getting quite bored of her hat/headpieces, there is nothing really different to them and they are all quite similar in shape and style. I would love to see her starting to wear wider brim hats from time to time.

It is obvious she is comfortable with her hair this way. Why is it that so many of us wear the same hairstyle for years and it becomes 'your' look, but when Kate does it is a drama. Underneath the big ring and title is a normal woman who probably feels she looks good this way. Personally I like her hair, it is lovely. I also happen to think she looks good with it off her face, you are able to see her eyes.

The entire look doesn't do a thing for me, unfortunately. Same ol' same ol'.
:ermm:

In some pics her face looked very strange, like she had been photoshopped or had put too much blush... I like the dress though... I have a soft spot for lace... But without the belt something was "missing" IMO

She wore a similar hat type thing ( I say that as I don't class it as a hat or a fasinator) to trooping the colour last year. It makes you wonder how some of these designers become so successful. To me it just looks like a clump of material stuck on her head, there's no particular shape or style to it. Dress is nice though.

Kate always looks nice, imo, no matter what she wears. Much more than most other Royal ladies.
It's due to her body type. (Princess Diana was the same).

Women who are tall and very slim always show the clothes to advantage, which is why models are tall and slim rather than short and curvy.

Kate has a definite edge at events before we even consider the clothes.

I think the dress at the Garden Party is lovely but I do agree the sash gave her shape which IMO she does not have I LOVE the hat.

:previous: I think keeping the belt would have been a good idea . . . an even better one would have been to wear a knockout brooch. ***

Jewellery is the way most royal ladies lift their ensembles out of the "usual". It is a certain winner when you get the royal/celebrity "Who wore it better".

*** Better still would have been ditching the ghastly palid percher with it's mismatched lace detail and the matching washed out clutch and shoes. The beautiful original dusky rose belt, clutch and shoes would have been lovely . . . even the original hat without the "cocktail netting" would have looked so much better,

Last edited:
Kate always looks nice, imo, no matter what she wears. Much more than most other Royal ladies.
It's due to her body type. (Princess Diana was the same).

Women who are tall and very slim always show the clothes to advantage, which is why models are tall and slim rather than short and curvy.

Kate has a definite edge at events before we even consider the clothes.

I disagree with the premise that Catherine's body type is what make her look great. The problem is with the clothing designers--not a woman's height or curves.

Good designers can create clothes that compliment other body types. Unfortunately, many designers are both lazy and untalented. It's pathetic.

A number of posts which were deemed to provide no value to the thread have been removed.

OK - I admit I cannot decide on the color of Kate's suit at Trooping the Colour.
White? Palest pearl grey or blue? It's definitely on the cool side of white rather than ecru. But it looks different in different lights. At least to me on my smallish monitor. :whistling:

I like the fact that it's a suit! i was so used to see her wearing dresses!

The brooch is lovely and the suit is tailored well and is an elegant colour for someone of The Duchess of Cornwall's age. Catherine looks older than she is in the clothes she picks. A bright summery colour would have made the difference on a day like today!

I think the suit and hat are lovely and with an elegant updo she would have looked very chic. Once again the hair destroys the look. If she wants to keep wearing her hair like that she's best to go for wide brimmed hats which work well with long hair hanging down (think Lady Gabriella Windsor today) but I'm afraid small hats only look right with an updo or at least when the hair is half up half down. I wish she would catch onto this as it's spoiling her look time and time again.

She looks great. I like the color and style of the suit. I understand the point of view that she dresses conservatively for a woman in her early 30's, but I think it is appropriate given the formality of the occasion.

She is in the presence of the queen. The gentlemen are in military uniform. Save the fun, fashionable clothes for other events.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom