The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 14: May 2014 - July 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see she's wearing the "housedress" again with those deep flap pockets; I still dislike it although I do like that color blue. I don't care for the hat/fascinator.

Last edited:
I liked the fascinator. I also really liked the color of the coat., but I'm not sure about the pockets or the collar.

The Duchess of Cambridge at the launch of the Ben Ainslie America's Cup at the Royal Maritime Museum today, June 10.

According to the dailymail she wore a "£150 cream and navy shift dress by Jaeger".

** Full view ** Side view ** Back view ** Upper part **

Well she looks fine...the color is a little flat for me but the style is nice.

LaRae

Pretty. She looks very nice.

The Duchess of Cambridge at the launch of the Ben Ainslie America's Cup at the Royal Maritime Museum today, June 10.

According to the dailymail she wore a "£150 cream and navy shift dress by Jaeger".

I think the dress is very suitable for the event: somewhat nautical in theme, is from a British retailer, it is a "high street" brand that is being turned around.....

I think the dress is very suitable for the event: somewhat nautical in theme, is from a British retailer, it is a "high street" brand that is being turned around.....
I thought she was going to avoid being a High Street Show Pony?

Standard Kate engagement shift dress - standard hairstyle.
Regardless of cost, her dress was very flattering and appropriate however, as per usual when Catherine wears her hair loose we have the persistant hair fiddle.

And a standard "keep youself on your toes or you'll get smacked in the face with her luxurious locks".

Catherine has everything going for her but sometimes I despair.

Last edited:
Yes, standard hairstyle which means a mess...:ohmy:
And continuous touching....
It's so complicated to put hair up? :bang:

It is so complicated for some members to imagine that she simply might not like her hair up? especially for a young lady in daytime appearances it is not such an obligation to have hair up.

It is a constant obsession in this forum.

I like the dress! With black and white you rarely fail... I agree that she should "fix" her hair

She may not like her hair 'up', but 'tied back' in some way would obviate the [deeply irritating] fiddling, and be less distracting, both for the Duchess, and for everyone else !

Otherwise she looks marvellous.

Oh, now this IS a lovely dress, I like it very much indeed! Cool and sharp tailoring and colours - I think Jaeger is a good brand, but where I live, you can't find a Jaeger shop for love nor money!
This dress would be perfect for windy airports!

Would a snood help regarding the hair ;-)

I adore snoods, many of the royal ladies wear them on occasion.

Nice dress, navy and white, not black right? But, as usual with off the rack, the waist is a bit off. Love the earrings,

Supporting British labels, especially one that is undergoing a metamorphosis, is to be commended, in my book.

Catherine has everything going for her but sometimes I despair.

Personally, I can find many more causes worthy of my "despair" than Catherine and her sartorial choices.

If she only wore designer clothing, there'd be screams about how much money she spends!

Wearing that brand will give it a boost; really it is a pretty dress.

As for her hair, she obviously likes it down. I see no reason why she shouldn't wear her hair any style that she prefers.

I really love this dress. Simple, yet chic and it fit the theme. Plus it was perfect for a windy day. As for her hair, I think it looks nice. I just really don't understand the obession people have with her wearing it down. Nor do I understand why it's considered messy.

She looks good in that dress but the dress is boring, there is nothing special about the color or style.

Good dress for her needs nothing special hate that hair all over the place .. honestly!!

i love the dress, in general i am all for simple cuts.

She may not like her hair 'up', but 'tied back' in some way would obviate the [deeply irritating] fiddling, and be less distracting, both for the Duchess, and for everyone else !

Otherwise she looks marvellous.

and i love her hair but.... it's true that she constantly touches it to get it out of her face. she has done this since her first engagement as a royal and continues to do so as of today. it's rather distracting indeed. i have nothing against her hair, which is beautiful, being loose, but it just means she needs to be able to deal with it and not touch it... or otherwise tie it up. it is not only bad etiquette to touch your hair every 5 minutes, it is also distracting to her audience and makes her seem too self centered. i am surprised her advisers (who will be several) have not highlighted this to her earlier on.

Last edited:
In general, I think Catherine looks stylish although I'm not a huge fan of the smaller stripes near the sleeves. Just the one near her waist area would've been fine.

Yes, standard hairstyle which means a mess...:ohmy:
And continuous touching....
It's so complicated to put hair up? :bang:

Personally, I don't have a problem with Catherine's hair - it looked fine to me during today's engagement.

i love the dress, in general i am all for simple cuts.

and i love her hair but.... it's true that she constantly touches it to get it out of her face. she has done this since her first engagement as a royal and continues to do so as of today. it's rather distracting indeed. i have nothing against her hair, which is beautiful, being loose, but it just means she needs to be able to deal with it and not touch it... or otherwise tie it up. it is not only bad etiquette to touch your hair every 5 minutes, it is also distracting to her audience and makes her seem too self centered. i am surprised her advisers (who will be several) have not highlighted this to her earlier on.

This is a new one on me, where does it say that it is bad etiquette to touch your hair?

I rhought she looked good at both events today.

What I think is that she is happy in her style, which is consistent over the years; and she does not have the budget of CPs or Diana or princesses of that ilk.

If people set unrealistic expectations then they will be disappointed.

Shes doing ok as far as Im concerned

I realy love her Mcqueen dress, it realy suits her, but maybe she would can change her hat designer, Beacause, her hats aren't very nice, they would be great for older woman, not for her

Sent from my MediaPad 7 Youth using The Royals Community mobile app

I love the dress...I dislike the style of hat she favors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom