The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 14: May 2014 - July 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that it's a bit boring. I think she could've done well with a brooch.

I agree, now that she has discovered brooches, it would be great to see her use a few from the royal collection.

I agree, now that she has discovered brooches, it would be great to see her use a few from the royal collection.

only if the Queen let's them out! ;)

only if the Queen let's them out! ;)

The Queen can't be accused of not being generous with Catherine: 2 tiara's, at least one historic diamond necklace, a few pairs of earrings (sapphire & diamond, and long diamond earrings).......

The Queen can't be accused of not being generous with Catherine: 2 tiara's, at least one historic diamond necklace, a few pairs of earrings (sapphire & diamond, and long diamond earrings).......

what about other princesses (diana, sophie, camilla, sarah...)? what jewels did they get to wear in their first years in comparison to kate?

The Order of the Garter Service - Pictures - Zimbio

Catherine used her icy-blue Christopher Kane dress at the Garter parade today. She had last used this for the opening ceremony to the 2012 Olympics.

Love this. Love the hat- from what I can see of it. Edit- just got a better view of the hat- dislike it- The color and the flowers are alright, but what is it with these hats that look like potato chips?
Correction- if you don't mind- she last wore this minus the hat- at a pre Olympic reception at Buckingham Palace.
Source- Kate's style- Smart, Chic, Fashion From A Royal Role Model
Sorry, it was bugging me...

Last edited:
Boring colour tailored suit. Nothing new.

The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 14: May 2014 -

The BP Olympic reception was the same day as the opening ceremony. They were all at BP and then went to the Olympic stadium for the opening.
You can google image it and its the same dress.

Kate is supposed to be boring for this event. You have people in fancy capes and giant feathery hats. You can't really bust out the pink cheetah print dress.

Last edited:
IMO an elegant outfit for today's service.

The BP Olympic reception was the same day as the opening ceremony. They were all at BP and then went to the Olympic stadium for the opening.
You can google image it and its the same dress.

Kate is supposed to be boring for this event. You have people in fancy capes and giant feathery hats. You can't really bust out the pink cheetah print dress.

Thanks. My mistake.

This is a nice outfit which fits well. Its quite classic and timeless as well IMO. Not fond of her hat but it does work well with the outfit.

I agree. The color is very appropriate to the occasion. I am also not a fan of the hat's shape but it does compliment the outfit. This look is timeless and will pass the test of time. In 50 years, people will look at these pictures and say she looks terrific.

:) This is one of those occasions when she must look polished and perfect and she pulled it off just fine. I like the tailoring of the outfit, it fit her nicely and the color, wonder if the color blue is her favorite? The hat is okay, modern touch, not my style yet perfect for her. A big 10 for her today.

Nobody celebrates their heritage like England, darn how wonderful to see this year after year........love seeing the Queen out and all the troops with her.

This is a very elegant, and 'Catherine' look, which I love. The outfit is tailored to her figure, and is very flattering. The color is great too. Overall, a nice, and appropriate choice.

The coat looks really supple (as in the fabric), and the tailoring is perfect. I don't even mind the heavy eye because it contrasts with the light color of the outfit.

While it is summer and pastels are a winner Catherine seems to choose the watery ice version.

Yesterday's sivler/blue and todays icy blue are neither flattering nor complimentaty colours. They give her no warmth which has the effect of making her makeup look harsher than it actually is. As for her perchers, they are all of a piece and that is boring. She has the same silhouette in almost all her formal wear.

She has been wearing the sapphire earrings a lot lately. I've always liked this outfit and it seems the greeters do too!

I don't care for this dress either....just looks odd to me with the buttons across the low waist..weird placement.

LaRae

I don't care for this dress either....just looks odd to me with the buttons across the low waist..weird placement.

LaRae

Its a blouse and skirt. The buttons on the skirt reflect the old style buttons that used to be on sailors trousers.

I like it, its appropriate and suits her shape. Cant ask for more.

She has been wearing the sapphire earrings a lot lately. I've always liked this outfit and it seems the greeters do too!

I guess she has been wearing quite a lot of blue and grey, all of which match the earrings.

I didn't like that dress then, and I still don't like it.

I agree with you, am not a fan of this. Perhaps if she wore the skirt separately with a different top or jumper, and the top with jeans, it might work better.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually really like this outfit. It's been one of my favorites since the first time she wore it.

I didn't particularly care for the Trooping outfit. I thought the color was pretty, but I didn't like the style. The Garter outfit was lovely though.

Don't like the McQueen Catherine wore at Bletchley Park. Didn't like it the first time she wore it and it hasn't improved during it's stay in her closet.

It's a very busy outfit which most people couldn't get away with, but she can :)

I don't like this outfit. The top reminds me of an army uniform worn during the beginning of Piotr I's rule in Russia.

It's a very busy outfit which most people couldn't get away with, but she can :)

It's one of those outfits that people can get away with because they seem to match their personality. I would look ridiculous wearing it but it works for her. It's like Queen Maxima's outfits, only she can get away with wearing them.

I was never a fan of that particular outfit, but it's nice to see her recycling her clothes.

Sent from my SM-G900T using The Royals Community mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom