The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 13: April 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she looked very smart in the blue coat, and I liked her hairdo very much. I still have my fingers crossed for a chignon, but this is a definite improvement. :)

The new Alexander McQueen coat is beautiful. The color really flatters her. The fit is also very flattering and I love the pleats on the back. Finally hair pulled back, it makes such a big difference when its off her face.

And no platform shoes! Yay!
I like this fine tuning of her look. She looks more elegant with these little changes.

Sent from my HTC Desire C using The Royals Community mobile app

Catherine looked very elegant today and I loved her hair, a nice change for her. It showed off those beautiful blue sapphire and diamond earrings and her face, she is a very pretty lady now. Glad to see the hemlines a bit lower...:flowers:

You know, I didn't quite get the constant calls for lower hemlines for Kate, but now that she's wearing her hemlines a little lower, I do have to admit... it looks more elegant and it suits her.

that was my thought as well, that the rumours on the queen suggesting lower hemlines to kate were actually true! ever since the start we have certainly seen her hemlines lower in all her skirts.

In the 60s my grandmother was the cook at the local parish. She wore uniforms. In this color. With huge patch pockets (it was the 60s). I am having flashbacks. :eek:

haha! i do like this outfit, but i agree it reminds me of a uniform... very un-mcqueen, i must say!

I love the Tory Birch but the McQueen is gorgeous is that the same as Sophie wore on Edward's birthday to Commonwealth Day service??? hair back, poppy on looking good Kate.

I ADORE the colour and the cut of this outfit, the fit is fantastic on Catherine and YES she finally did something with her hair.
I have no issues with her wearing heels, her legs suit them well.

Sophie's worn this coat in a different colour I think!

Last edited:
I adore this McQueen coat on the Duchess.. the colour, the cut and the length are of exceptional elegance, and combined with a 'controlled' Hair style it produces an extremely chic image.

Bravo ! IMO one of the Duchesses best ever daytime looks...

You know, I didn't quite get the constant calls for lower hemlines for Kate, but now that she's wearing her hemlines a little lower, I do have to admit... it looks more elegant and it suits her.

that was my thought as well, that the rumours on the queen suggesting lower hemlines to kate were actually true! ever since the start we have certainly seen her hemlines lower in all her skirts.
I'm not so sure that HM suggested anything. Catherine's clothes on their tour of Canada were generally longer. However it came about, Catherine looks far more elegant and self possessed in longer skirts. She has the height and the legs, to create a whole new look for herself and fashion statement for everyone else.

On a different note, I liked the cut and colour of her blue coat and royal blue/navy clutch and shoes. I loved her hairstyle. Clean-cut elegance that allowed everyone to admire her earrings and forget the picture of George eating a handful of her hair. Although I must admit I missed her wearing a hat at the laying of the wreath. She didn't seem qute dressed there.

I like the coat and the shoes, the Duchess look very elegant. But I like it more on the Countess of Wessex (maybe because the color, i´m not really a fan of this kind of blue). On the other hand I love her hair! It´s very appropriate and convenient with that weather!

It strikes me that the DoC is leaning to the very elegant/classy style of dress commonly seen in the past..40's thru the 60's. There's a hint of the vintage in what I'm seeing the past couple days during the daytime look. I think it's fantastic!

LaRae

I like the coat and the shoes, the Duchess look very elegant. But I like it more on the Countess of Wessex (maybe because the color, i´m not really a fan of this kind of blue). On the other hand I love her hair! It´s very appropriate and convenient with that weather!

Ana - That blue was a perfect match for the portrait of the Queen unveiled at the reception in the evening. I always wonder it Kate plans down to that level of detail.

Ana - That blue was a perfect match for the portrait of the Queen unveiled at the reception in the evening. I always wonder it Kate plans down to that level of detail.

Yes, maybe it was planned to match the portrait. I´m sure this visit was planned until the last detail (and I love this)...we will see many interesting details until the end :).
Besides it´s a color trend here in Portugal this season (and maybe in the UK too). But I don´t like it very much anyway...it´s not one of my favorite colours.

The blue color is also near the blue color of Raf uniforms.

But did she see the portrait before the unveiling?

I like the coat but the colour is not my cup of tea. Kuddos for lowering the hems, finally.

It strikes me that the DoC is leaning to the very elegant/classy style of dress commonly seen in the past..40's thru the 60's. There's a hint of the vintage in what I'm seeing the past couple days during the daytime look. I think it's fantastic!

LaRae

I totally agree, and looking back over the last three years one can detect a vintage edge from time to time - the hats and neatly fitted suits are a reminder of that era and the elegant long evening gowns could quite easily have been worn back then. The black dress with silver fern on the shoulder seems straight out of a post-war black and white movie!

She can really carry that off very well...it suits her perfectly.

LaRae

I really like the dress she wore at the PlayGroup. I like the cut and the design.

As for the blue outfit, I thought she looked lovely. It's a great color and style. Simply elegant. So far, I am loving all of Catherine's outfits of the tour.

It's quite a boring casual look for me. The jacket doesn't work for me with this look.
It seemed perfect for the races but not while visiting the families at the earlier event.

I like the outfit, the choice of top underneath should have been different but overall she looks okay. One thing I envy is that she can pull of wedges and I can't!

Did Kate wear those wedges onto the sailing boat or did she change into something more appropriate?

Kate normally rocks casual, but this is her typical walk in the park with George attire. I agree she should have raised her game slightly. Out of interest, have we ever seen Kate in any trousers other than skinny jeans( more akin to what Charlene wears)? She would look great in a different style.

I like this outfit a lot. It´s casual but fits her very well! The only thing that I don´t like are the shoes with wedges...the seconds one are better for that casual outfit :)

Kate normally rocks casual, but this is her typical walk in the park with George attire. I agree she should have raised her game slightly. Out of interest, have we ever seen Kate in any trousers other than skinny jeans( more akin to what Charlene wears)? She would look great in a different style.

Maybe those are her lucky jeans and shirt and she always beats William at Scrabble when she wears them. ;)

I just think that her casual outfit (stripes, blazer and wedges) are just like her uniform for all sporting appearances...:whistling:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom