The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 13: April 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG I wish I hadn't seen this better picture, the closures look even worse than on the pink version! Looks like snaps or hooks and eyes and you can see every one, how tacky. I would want my money back on this one. What is the point of the odd positioning of the closures? Is this a dress or coat? Of course the sleeves are way off too.:ohmy:
I agree, the finishing has been a consistent problem with Wickstead's clothes. It's as if she comes up with a reasonable design and then just puts it out there for anyone to put together. It is as if she has no quality standards. This is not the first time this has occurred.

OMG I wish I hadn't seen this better picture, the closures look even worse than on the pink version! Looks like snaps or hooks and eyes and you can see every one, how tacky. I would want my money back on this one. What is the point of the odd positioning of the closures? Is this a dress or coat? Of course the sleeves are way off too.:ohmy:

Just noticed that myself upon a second look; not the type of finishing touches you'd expect from a high-end designer where you see that puckering. :sad:

But I have to say that when she wears those beautiful jewel tones, she really looks great.

Last edited:
:previous: I'd have to agree. The colours she is wearing have more depth and look more elegant. I think pastels tend to wash her out. The red coat was stunning in it's cut and colour, the green was a little too much grass for my taste and the blue was a little too blue. But I think I have figured it out.

The buttons on the red coat rendered the Silver Fern brooch superfluious and the green and blue coats were screaming out for something, some feature to take them out of the ordinary, something like a big fat brooch! The 100 year anniversary pin is very small and I think it was designed to be worn on the collar of the coat and not as a brooch.

The Silver Fern on today's dress was, unfortunately, too small and accentuated the front snaps on the dress. Fortunately (or not) her ubiquitous big fat sausage curls saved the day and obsucred almost the entire neck and shoulder detail and, of course, the brooch. Loved the hat though.

still not like the skinny jeans. just too tight for me.

Agreed but she still looks radiant. Only the fashion-obsessed--a la us--will notice

Next engagement was the Rippa Rugby - Williams team won. Casual clothes.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-DQt9uK97j...1600/Screen+Shot+2014-04-12+at+7.24.45+PM.png

They are staying in casual - Winery next then the Shotover Jet. I'll post as soon as I can.

This is a nice casual look. Quite like her jumper.

Emilia Wickstead dress, not sure why get two designs in different colors, is it lack of creativity from the designer or a client not wanting to try something new :scratching: Neverthless this is a nice color and design on her. I wish she would've matched nude heels with this, the black/dark blue are to strong for it.

The Duchess of Cambridge today in Dunedin with a blue dress.

Picture 1

I love this colour and I like to see it on Kate. It was very appropriate and elegant. Normally I´m not a fan of hats...but this one seems nice to me :).

Until now this is my favorite outfit of this tour.

I love the dress! It a great color and an elegant style. I don't like the hat though.

I love the colour, as people have pointed out the design is awful and Catherine should find someone better to make clothes.
The stupid hats never work for me, they're not hats or fascinators they just look like a blue plate.

Skinny jeans and a white top are classic, she looks good but practical.

Last edited:
didnt bring Kate a hairdresser along? what does this person do? i havent seen any hairdo so far that would require a hairdresser.

didnt bring Kate a hairdresser along? what does this person do? i havent seen any hairdo so far that would require a hairdresser.

Apparently Kate does not prefer hairdos, i mean hair up, and if this is her choice, the hairdresser has only to execute. In the mean time the hair dresser takes care of her every day appearance, she has long and curly hair, and they need a professional hand.
As for the hair up, I thing she is too young for it, she has years in front of her to do hair up, and her position is not too official yet, she has very few white tie events.

Apparently Kate does not prefer hairdos, i mean hair up, and if this is her choice, the hairdresser has only to execute. In the mean time the hair dresser takes care of her every day appearance, she has long and curly hair, and they need a professional hand.
As for the hair up, I thing she is too young for it, she has years in front of her to do hair up, and her position is not too official yet, she has very few white tie events.

I agree that the hairdresser only executes orders by the client but I'm sure the two of them can think of something else rather than open hair with curls.
For example, today she could've gone with a very simple bun which would've looked great with that headpiece and then easily opened by Kate for the next event.
If the trip requires open hair and curls for most events, she should've just hired a hairdresser from the country she is visiting.

Do any of the other senior royal ladies in the BRF wear the same hairstyle pretty much all the time, or is Catherine the only one?

for some reason, i am not a fan of her clothes during this tour, appart from her casual looks.

Do any of the other senior royal ladies in the BRF wear the same hairstyle pretty much all the time, or is Catherine the only one?

Erm The Queen, The DOCo, Eugenie and Beatrice usually range between one or two (basically up or down). The Countess of Wessex has a different style frequently, so Sophie's probably the only one who alternates on a regular basis.

I much prefer this colour to the pink- I have preferred the bolder colours she has worn on this tour so far. I don't understand why you would choose an identical outfit in two different colours- particularly if you have a figure and height like Kate which can suit many styles. Were there any pics of Kate in the green dress she wore under the zipped coat?

I think Catherine do not like having too much hairspray in her hair. To do a updo even a simple bun, lots of hairspray needs to be used. For her ponytail the other day, she did not use lots of hairspray and towards the end of her visit, some hairs are running loose on top of her head. Anyway, I think she looks good with her long hair, an updo, even the ponytail aged her.

I think this calling for hair-up is getting too much, every single appearance I saw people complaining about her hair. It's the same as Queen Max case. Max always change her hairdos and did hair-up marvelously on frequent basis. But whenever she appear with hair down, people are complaining why no hair-up and commenting how badly damage her hair are. But royals also needs to let their hair rest too in between hairdo. So for this case, should she continue to do a hair up for every appearance with tons of hairspray or let her hair rest to recover a bit?

Last edited:
I think the dress she wore for the church service may be the pink one of the garden party ... She may have it dyed

If we see the pink one then it wasn't a dye job.

I think her outfits so far have been acceptable. I didn't care much for the NZ inspired black & white one from the playdate. It was too busy.

I didn't see the dress under the blue coat.
Couldn't tell if the outfit worn in Sydney was a coat or a dress.
No closeup of the checked blouse worn on the 13th for the wine tasting.

Including the 13th, I count 10 outfit changes (full or partial). Shoe changes do not count.

I like both casual looks (minus the wedges).

I love that shade of blue on Catherine's coat, it suits her well. I usually don't particularly like pleated clothing, but Catherine managed to pull hers off. The decorations on her hat look a little out of place with it, but other than that, its quite nice. I doubt Catherine has dyed it (although what do I know?), perhaps she just really likes the style, so she decided to get herself another one.

I'm not so sure about Catherine's jacket she wore during her visit to the rugby stadium, although it looks comfy and warm. I much prefer it with Catherine's jeans than the model's skirt.

I like the outfit Catherine wore to the wine tasting, it looks good on her although the blouse is not really to my taste. This may have already been answered, but is her jacket the same one she wore to the marine event the other day? It looks familiar.

Love the color, however I do NOT care for Emily Wickstead designs, they always appear ill fitting to me, but I DO love the color on Catherine.

That's how I see it, too. Wickstead designs never seem to fit perfectly, there's always a flaw, imo.

The blue outfit with the fern brooch was knockout! I loved it. But...that green thing with all of the zippers looks like something from the 60s. Horrible. Someone set that thing on fire. :lol:

I love the Emilia dress and the hat nice colour on her ... the wedges are back !!! yuk!!!

The wedges do not disturb be, but IMO she should wear them with another kind of trousers, not skin jeans.

Furthermore it sound stupid to me to have twice the same dress... they are millions of dresses in this word she can have...

Last edited:
Walking at the winery I thought she was going to trip and break her ankle in those wedges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom