The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 13: April 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The pale pink McQueen suit from Adelaide has been my least favourite outfit of the tour. I don't like the proportions on the peplum top with the skirt.

I really did think she would have worn more local designers during the tour. One in each country hasn't been that great for highlighting their fashion designers.

I agree, she could have worn more dresses by local designers. Also, I would have liked to see a lot more recycling of clothes, especially from the trip to Singapore and Malaysia.

Pretty in pink.
I do wonder what was going on with the hem length on her left side - esp. in the back. It was a very confused hem length.
Full view: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/04/23/article-2610861-1D47A92D00000578-74_964x588.jpg
Left Side view :ohmy: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/04/23/article-2610861-1D47A65F00000578-644_470x693.jpg
Right Side View (OK?) http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/04/23/article-2610861-1D48B21800000578-263_964x747.jpg

I realize that no one is changing their mind about her long hair. You either like it or loathe it. I do think that Kate equates hair back to be casual, working mom, sporty-girl style and that she sees hair down as her dressy hair - the kind of hair she makes an effort over. And I think that's why she wears it down on the job - she is making an effort. Just my current thinking on the topic.

She looks lovely, as always. The suit is okay but I'm not loving it. Catherine looks good in pale pink, but I don't think this suit looks good in pale pink. I wonder if it would have looked better in a deeper pink. I'd like to see a close-up of the earrings and necklace.

Last edited:
I think the designer is just trying to something different with pleats in the pink outfit. There is no earthly reason why her necklines have to be so low, especially when she probably knew she would bend over to speak with children. I don't know...some of us on this board are senior citizens and some are not. I am of the former and just don't understand the urge to show off one's body parts in the daytime. Her outfit would have been just as lovely (and it is lovely) with a smaller "V" for daywear. Sigh

I like the pale pink dress, but bending over and showing her cleavage...yikes. :ohmy:

It's not like she's purposely leaning down so the eagle eyed photographer can get a picture of her cleveage and giving him a little wink on the side. It's similar to the incident when Diana got out of the car in that shoulder black dress.

The McQueen outfit lacks neither sophistication or good taste, IMO.
Agree.

I love the pink outfit and have no problem with the neckline.

I think that she looks very good - elegant - in this outfit. Hope she wears it again.

As for the fit - perhaps the reason that it is "loose" is that she may have lost weight whilst on this tour? Therefore no one available to fix it.

I think that she looks very good - elegant - in this outfit. Hope she wears it again.

As for the fit - perhaps the reason that it is "loose" is that she may have lost weight whilst on this tour? Therefore no one available to fix it.

Perhaps you've articulated the reason I am not wild about the suit. The fit may be a bit off, but not obviously so. The waistline is right, but the hemline is uneven. It is possible she has lost a little weight and, since she is so slender, that would really impact the fit of some of her clothes.

I can't explain why I don't really like the suit. I don't mind the neckline. It just seems blah to me.

I agree, she could have worn more dresses by local designers. Also, I would have liked to see a lot more recycling of clothes, especially from the trip to Singapore and Malaysia.

I think Kate has recycled quite a bit during this trip.

Also, perhaps much of the designer clothing wasn't to her taste; there was an article the other day about the local designers whose styles Kate rejected.

Last edited:
There is no official reason at all why any royal has to where a local designer when touring that country. Never hear complaints about other royals on tour who do not do this.

When touring Canada and South East Asia, Catherine found a couple of dresses by "local" designers who are not based in their country of birth and generally run their businesses in the UK or US.

She has worn clothes from both Australian and NZ designers on this tour - so she has done the same again.

Good for her.

Accessories would have helped a lot in ramping up the look of this outfit; not to beat a dead horse (as the saying goes) but the fern brooch would have looked spectacular. The wide skirts could have caused the look of the uneven hemline and I feel the neckline could have been higher. Overall, the fit looked off. I still prefer the sheath style on Kate since she seems lost in those voluminous skirts.

Last edited:
Amidst all these posts about neckline & hemlines, there's been virtually no comments about Kate's hairstyle on this day - perhaps because we all agree it is a good style for her:)

I really like the pink two-piece. The color is lovely on Catherine, and she has the figure to pull something like this off. I do agree with those that suggested the addition of a brooch. As to the neckline, it's not too terrible. I've seen a lot worse.

This is one of my least favourite outfits in this tour. The pieces are beautiful and so is the the colour but the cut doesn't suit her. The low waistline and the deep v-neck make her proportions look odd: her shoulders look too big, her body looks V shapped. Reminds me of that knited McQueen she wore in the Canada tour. I don't like it.

My first thoughts on seeing the pale pink outfit: there seemed to be something 'off' with the hemline; and the neckline was surprisingly low-cut.

I love the pink dress. One of the best looks, if not the best. So far.

Not a good look for her imo. Agree with a lot of previous remarks about blah look, could have used a brooch , a bit low cut for day, and especially that the cut doesn't do much for her long waisted shape. A belt, even self samed could have helped that. Also, I prefer her in strong colors.
She seems to have lost a lot of weight on this tour and really is looking thin. That could have impacted the odd hemline on the skirt. The skirt is really lovely.
Do like the way her hair is back and is making an effort with the hair.
Hope we get to see PG!

Today's green CW dress -Holy cow- that is, well, bright.
Baroness, your description of a lime was not far off at all.
Do not like it at all.

The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 13: April 2014 -

Well there won't be any complaints about revealing necklines today. Kate is zipped up to nearly her throat in this bright green outfit. She has apparently commented she feels very warm in what she is wearing. This is one of my least favourite looks of the tour so far.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2611805/Kate-William-arrive-Canberra.html

Last edited:
Don't quite understand why she's wearing this coat dress when she's told many reporters that she's "sweltering".

Where a light summer dress instead then?

I like the fact she's wearing colour, that's about it.

Love the color of the green coat but I don't like that its a front zipper and the top part looks like a body/wet suit fit to me. My least favorite on the tour.

I agree with posters, if she felt warm why didnt she wear a dress instead with a jacket?

Not a fan of this coat dress. The color is too high combined that fact that she zipped it all the way up make her look uncomfortable.

Like the color...the dress is just ok. Not really a fan of it.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom