The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 13: April 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gorgeous outfit, but I think the perfect finish would be a pin or something on the coat.

My thought exactly; the simple design of the coat cried out for a brooch. I'd have loved to have seen the Wattle on that. But it's a beautifully styled, elegant outfit and the soft gray is very flattering on her. Her pulled-back hair is a good style for Kate with a clear view of her face and I love the deeper hue of the hat/fascinator, but it could have been pushed back a bit so that it wasn't covering part of her eyebrow.

That royal blue dress to Canberra is one of the best colors on Kate and the sheath style really suits her. But I'm not a fan of her lacy dresses and the styles.

Last edited:
Love the LK Bennett dress.
Love the Alexander McQueen ensemble.

Love the Easter outfit, and the yellow dress for the zoo.

Love the Easter oufit! Her best look ever IMO. She has never looked better. And the blue dress is very pretty as well. Thumps up from me.

I absolutely love Catherine's white dress with blue poppies. It looked great on her and had a very fresh and summery feel to it, despite the fact that Australia is currently in Autumn/Winter.

I also liked her outfit for the Easter service today, Catherine looked very elegant. I'm not so sure on the hat however, it looks a little oddly shaped, but manages to go well with the rest of her outfit, so I think I'll give it a pass.

The colour of Catherine's dress she wore to the zoo is nice, but that's about it. The lacy pattern isn't really my cup of tea.

Absolutely loved the Easter outfit, her best look ever, elegant yet young, just what I've been waiting for.
The clean lines and length of skirt were perfect for her as was the collar, not too much. The hat in the darker tone was really charming, loved the back view of it too.
Wearing her hair back, and her hairdresser seems to give her different back view twists now, we can see her face, earrings, collar area, so much better.
If we had had a brooch, that would have been perfection...

The Hobbs should go in the bin IMO the arrival outfit is lovely but William is very casual as is fitting for NT but that is al little too much IMO for that engagement .. but I like it otherwise

The Hobbs should go in the bin IMO the arrival outfit is lovely but William is very casual as is fitting for NT but that is al little too much IMO for that engagement .. but I like it otherwise

I thought she was a tad overdressed also, but then I thought, no, the people who are there want to see her looking elegant and princessy. I expect she'll have broken out the skinny jeans the next time we 'see' her. I like the Hobbs dress- I seem to remember her wearing it for some Olympics-related event. William looks kinda hunky in what he's wearing.

I love the Roksanda dress. I wish her hair was pulled into a ponytail so the shoulder part of the dress shows.

The hobbs dress is suitable for the event but I wish she had worn another color. Two grey outfits in a day is a bit boring for me.

Last edited:
I love the Roksanda dress. I wish her hair was pulled into a ponytail so the shoulder part of the dress shows.

The hobbs dress is suitable for the event but I wish she had worn another color. Two grey outfits in a day is a bit boring for me.

I agree, hair blowing all over the place

http://i3.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article3440995.ece/ALTERNATES/s510b/Duchess-in-Uluru-3440995.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/04/22/article-2609903-1D40C33100000578-184_964x1198.jpg

Better picture of the Hobbs dress
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/04/22/article-2609903-1D41917500000578-435_964x1171.jpg

I absolutely love those espandrilles!!!

I like that they try to dress together in the same color family. I really like the Roksanda dress...the other one is ok.

LaRae

I like both outfits, the hair is annoying as per! The Roksanda dress is my favourite out the two.

I see the pundits of the DM are freaking because Kate is wearing dresses that have been worn before!
Yes, it is a bit disappointing, but I give her points for trying not to seem like nothing more than an expensive clotheshorse.
Yet it seems she cannot win with some people.

The arrival outfit is a coffee colour not grey - so although both outfits are muted shades they are very different colours.

The Hobbs dress has been worn before but the Roksanda dress is the same as previously worn but in a different colour. If this one worn on arrival is coffee coloured (which I don't think it is) then the one worn previously was dove grey.

For instance the one worn today;
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/04/22/article-2610031-1D40B48300000578-406_964x983.jpg

The one worn previously which is (dove grey)
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/04/22/article-2610031-1D40AFBF00000578-189_470x1044.jpg

I personally think todays is a darker grey, not the same dress as previously worn but I don't think it's coffe coloured.

Last edited:
Maybe it's just photographed in a different light?
I can't think she'd want two dresses that are so similar.

Definitely a difference in the lighting between the two photos, IMO. And I quite agree that most women wouldn't want two dresses that are so similar, in fact, exactly the same, in slightly different colors.

I can see the advantage in having one dress in different colours particularly if it fits well.

The picture from today I linked is with no added camera light nor sun light as they appear to be under a canopy, so this is a "true" colour of the dress. The one from last year has camera light, but you can tell that the belt colour is the same, which on today's dress it isn't.

Love the RI dress- definitely same dress, different color.
I can see why she would want the same dress in different colors. It's like with the EW dress- if I was Kate, and I could afford it, I would want that dress in pink, and in blue.
Also wanted to say I loved the blue dress she arrived in Canberra in.
Didn't like the hobbs dress the first time, don't like it this time.

So far I think Catherine has done a fabulous job with her wardrobe except for maybe a few choices. I have to say though that I am not happy with that hair blowing all over the place. Would have been easier and looked better if she had put it up for most of this trip. Tired of seeing her fuss with it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm glad to see her start using colors. Overall, actually, there have only been A few choices I liked.

IT isn't exactly the same dress - although it might as well have been.

IT is the Lovina dress - found this via the web.

http://whatkatewore.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Kate-Uluru-Lovina-Ilincic-Dresses-Lyst.jpg

It is from last years collection

Dress worn in Canada and at the Royal Academy

http://whatkatewore.com/wp-content/...t-AP-Photo-Sang-Tan-UK-Press-Association-.jpg

I prefer the Periodot dress - lighter material, lovely dove grey/pale lilac colour.

Whatever the colour of the dress today, I didn't like it. It has been described by those who were there as mocha, oatmeal (male reporter), coffee, taupe, beige or mauve.

Miss for me

Thanks, RoseDaisy. It looked to me as though they were different styles of dresses but didn't say anything because other people were so sure they were the same dress. I actually do like the color of today's dress (but the royal blue would have looked great too) and absolutely adore those earrings.

Last edited:
Okay, so I see now that they are different styles of dresses, and similar but different colors.
I like both dresses.
Would like to see Kate in today's dress in royal blue as well.

Love both dresses especially the Hobbs dress.

I wonder if Kate will wear the wattle brooch at the GG reception?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom