The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 12: November 2013 - April 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very beautiful dress, classy. As for the lack of coat, it is not the first time she makes this strange choice of not wearing one. I remember last year, December i think, she stepped outof the car in an evening strapless gown, without anything on her shoulders. How mild could be a december londonian night to allow to get out nude shoulders? even for a very few meters (she does not walk more than a few meters). I think she is a strong person who does not feel very cold.
I think also for yesterday, that it is also because she just returned from a hot climate wearing light clothes, her body stocked sun and heat, and she might can not feel the temperature change so strongly.

The Duchess in blue today attending charity event
zimbio

Love the colour and the structure of her dress, again her hair ruins it. If it's not her skirt blowing up it's hair in the face.

She probably wasn't cold.

I'm not sure how she wasn't cold, unless someone followed her round with a portable radiator yesterday she would have been cold. Kind of irresponsible actually.

It was in the mid 50s F or teens in C temperature wise so it is not below freezing. Also she is walking a short distance from the car to the entrance of the school. She is not parking 3 blocks from the school and walking like the rest of us.

I noticed that her private secretary Rebecca Deacon didn't have a coat on either nor did the RPO. No one is going to complain if they wore one.

Love the colour and the structure of her dress, again her hair ruins it. If it's not her skirt blowing up it's hair in the face.

I'm not sure how she wasn't cold, unless someone followed her round with a portable radiator yesterday she would have been cold. Kind of irresponsible actually.

I remember as a kid in the winter, my siblings and I would put on the heat in the house and my mother would be in her room with the window open, fan blowing and snow on her window ledge. Not everyone is as sensitive to the cold as others. Catherine's car may have been heated and getting out of the car was a chance to get to fresh air. She has worn coats in the past during this time of the year.

I think the problem is that some people know how cold it is, look a those pictures of Catherine on her official engagement and feel cold for her. She may not have felt cold enough to wear a overcoat on that day.

Last edited:
As my dear old Granny always said....

...Only a fool doesn't know if he's cold. Catherine would have had on a coat if she thought she needed one.

I loved the dress, and the style was very flattering on her. The color was also lovely. Her hair as usual, ruined the look for me.

I still dont get the hair issue - once inside, listening, talking, working with the children (The Part That Really Matters!) her hair is fine

HEADLINE: Woman's hair blows about in the Wind!

Just so unimportant

...Only a fool doesn't know if he's cold. Catherine would have had on a coat if she thought she needed one.
Quite correct. Many times in the winter I do not bother with a coat as I go from my warm garage, to warm car, to warm store or church. Don't need the extra piece of clothing. If it is freezing and I might have to walk a half mile, I will dress accordingly. Simple.

I still dont get the hair issue - once inside, listening, talking, working with the children (The Part That Really Matters!) her hair is fine

Just so unimportant
HEADLINE: Woman smacked in the face by the Duchess's hair!

Said she really didn't mind but it was a little distracting trying to talk to the Duchess whose hair kept blowing into her face . . . :D

Last edited:

Just so unimportant
I agree with you 100%. Unfortunately this seems to be the case when young female royals are out on their engagements. The clothing is mentioned in the first two paragraphs with a little blip on the charity. :sad:

Despite the media's focus on Catherine's clothing, her charities still benefit greatly from her patronage and the attention she brings to the charity.

I agree with you 100%. Unfortunately this seems to be the case when young female royals are out on their engagements. The clothing is mentioned in the first two paragraphs with a little blip on the charity. :sad:

If our society didn't place so much importance on how women look, maybe young female royals wouldn't feel under pressure to dress up the way they do. Perhaps they could dress to be comfortable in the way men do, and not feel obliged to wear the lastest fashions and extremely high heels and makeup and tight clothes that show off their figures.

Why should women have to wear different new clothes all the time? Why can't they just wear a "uniform" of tailored suits for business events like men do. All that is expected of a man at a black tie event is that he wears a dinner suit but women are expected to dress up in expensive evening gowns and woe betide them if they wear the same one to another event soon afterwards.

Women dress up and have extensive wardrobes because society expects them to. Society expects women to dress up according to current fashion, and wear lots of different clothes, and that is why what they wear and how they look is commented upon. People buy magazines to see what the royal women are wearing.

I applaud Princess Anne's sensible attitude to clothing. It's the message that is important, not what the messenger is wearing, and in my opinion it behooves the messenger to set the tone by dressing in a way that indicates their serious intent and not dress up like a fashion model.

The blue dress is a lovely color but the design is just too old for her.

dazzling, I'm genuinely curious here. I don't understand how that blue dress could be considered too old for a 32 year old woman. It looks perfect to me.

Would you be able to post links to a few pics of dresses in designs that you think are appropriate for her?

I loved the dress, and the style was very flattering on her. The color was also lovely. Her hair as usual, ruined the look for me.

Agree, whereas the hair was BETTER then at the NPG Evening Event.
Hair open during the day is ok, at Black Tie nights it is a No-Go for me
BYe Bine

The dress is pretty boring IMO nothing special and that stupid hair all over the show again... I do like her watch

I think unfortunately,for a lot of people the royals have become entertainment. Before Diana I don't think there was much interest in royalty. I also think that this whole fashionable royal started with her and has built into this strange idea that these women have to be perfect just right clothes hair, smile . Everyone has an opinion on these women who have a serious job to do which is represent their country and shine a light on good causes.

Very beautiful dress, classy. As for the lack of coat, it is not the first time she makes this strange choice of not wearing one. I remember last year, December i think, she stepped outof the car in an evening strapless gown, without anything on her shoulders. How mild could be a december londonian night to allow to get out nude shoulders? even for a very few meters (she does not walk more than a few meters). I think she is a strong person who does not feel very cold.
I think also for yesterday, that it is also because she just returned from a hot climate wearing light clothes, her body stocked sun and heat, and she might can not feel the temperature change so strongly.

I don't really give a darn if she's got a coat on or not. But regarding stocking sunlight, I believe only plants can do this. :flowers:

I think Kate just wasn't cold so she didn't wear a coat. Humans do not stock up heat.

Is this a new branch of botany I don't know about? :lol:

Last edited:

Actually having returned from a hot climate recently, she would be more likely to feel the cold. Depending on how long one has been back, it takes time to adjust. Just like when you suddenly get to a hot climate, it takes a while for your body to adjust.I remember getting back from spending a semester studying in Cuba. We got off the airplane on tarmac and it could only have been maybe 0c though a bit of snowflakes so maybe -1, but I thought I'd freeze. Yesterday was same temp here and I didn't have a coat, was in a sweater.

I do love this "Look at that last picture. 99.9999% of the population would look absolutely awful under the same conditions – a candid shot, on a windy day, with her mouth wide open and her eyes half closed. Result? Movie star."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom