The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 12: November 2013 - April 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a blah look. The coat is nothing special and I liked it much better the other time she wore it. The tweed-floral print combination of the coat and dress doesn't work. I don't dislike the hat at all but it is too big on her.

It's a blah look. The coat is nothing special and I liked it much better the other time she wore it.
Well, The Queen and the Duchess of Cornwall made such excellent accessories on that day. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
The look is harmless nothing special but then the idea is not to overshadow the bride so IMO she didn't over shadow anyone.

The coat looks way too small and both the dress and coat are too short, IMHO. Also dislike the hat. Nothing elegant about this outfit.

I liked the coat when Kate wore it before, perhaps the other woman thought so too and decided to get the same coat. I doubt she imagined that she would attend the same event in the same coat.
My guess is that if they saw wach other, that they will have laughed and commended each other on their good taste. ;-)

That DM article is ludicrous; How can anyone check on what other guests at a wedding will wear? There might be hundreds of people attending!

That DM article is ludicrous; How can anyone check on what other guests at a wedding will wear? There might be hundreds of people attending!

Exactly. I don't think it would have been an issue if they had been wearing the same dress, but it is ridiculous to think that women worry if someone else is wearing the same outer coat.

Exactly. I don't think it would have been an issue if they had been wearing the same dress, but it is ridiculous to think that women worry if someone else is wearing the same outer coat.

It's ok to wear the same clothing as other woman. But this lady is really unlucky to be wearing the same coat as Catherine at the same event - now she is 'famous'' her photo is been seen by millions all over the world. Hope she is all right with the unnecessary attention.

It's ok to wear the same clothing as other woman. But this lady is really unlucky to be wearing the same coat as Catherine at the same event - now she is 'famous'' her photo is been seen by millions all over the world. Hope she is all right with the unnecessary attention.
I hope so too. The story is now on Huffington Post. This is just silly.

From the Daily Maul pre-trip what they are packing piece: "…it is believed she has been asked to limit what she wears from the High Street and go for a more polished look wearing high-quality designers."

This is so offensive on sooo many levels, and probably not true, but it did pip my blood pressure. :cool:

From the Daily Maul pre-trip what they are packing piece: "…it is believed she has been asked to limit what she wears from the High Street and go for a more polished look wearing high-quality designers."

This is so offensive on sooo many levels, and probably not true, but it did pip my blood pressure. :cool:

That entire piece is scattered with "may" and "might" and "perhaps", so its not worth much except to get the anti royals being more anti!

It is a set-up piece in so many ways. If she does do it, she is expensive and not value for money etc. and if she doesn't do it, she is wilful and disobeying "the palace".

This is the whole point of the Daily Mail's existence. Come up with eye-catching headlines about things that'll outrage the man in the street, knowing that they won't actually bother to read the whole article and realise that the DM actually knows next-to-nothing.

Usually it tends to be about immigrants, the EU or politicians claiming expenses. The royals spending lots of ''taxpayers' money'' does the same job too.

Arrival in New Zealand:

Full View Full View 2 Full View 3

I absolutely love this entire look! That a beautiful shade of red. It's classic, elegant, and just sophisticated. I also love the hat! A wonderful look on Catherine.

Last edited:
I like this outfit, a very polished look. But of course we have a flying skirt again :whistling::whistling::whistling:

Its getting difficult when you have to carry a baby, try to keep your skirt from flying up and walk down wobbly stairs

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/04/07/article-2598337-1CE401EA00000578-12_470x658.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/04/07/article-2598337-1CE403D900000578-708_470x658.jpg

Touching town in Sydney on their way to Wellington
Recyled dress
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/04/07/article-2598452-1CE3A68C00000578-916_634x764.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I usually like what she wears, but this time, complete miss for me. She looks like an airline hostess.

As for the skirt flying up - this has happened on numerous occasions and there is no excuse. There are 7-day weather forecasts available and she could have done some research prior to leaving the UK. If Crown Princess Mary and many other princesses can dress to the weather, surely she can too.

I love the shade of red on Kate and the coat is very nice. I am not a big fan of the hat but that style has never been one of my favourites. As for the skirt - it was a very windy day but it always is in Wellington. At least George's leg stopped it flying too high!

I thought Kate in the red coat looked lovely and the black heels are quite elegant. Unfortunately the pillow box didn't work for me, looked a bit bulky for Kate.

I like this outfit, a very polished look. But of course we have a flying skirt again :whistling::whistling::whistling:

Its getting difficult when you have to carry a baby, try to keep your skirt from flying up and walk down wobbly stairs

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/04/07/article-2598337-1CE401EA00000578-12_470x658.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/04/07/article-2598337-1CE403D900000578-708_470x658.jpg

Touching town in Sydney on their way to Wellington
Recyled dress
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/04/07/article-2598452-1CE3A68C00000578-916_634x764.jpg

She looks awful, that dress is hideous and those buttons look super tacky. That "hat" just doesn't suit her and we yet again have a flying skirt.

Bad start for me.

Last edited:
She looks lovely, that coat and matching dress are elegant with the stylish button detail, the hat certainly suits her, and yet again we are off to a flying start of a royal tour. The Queen's New Zealand brooch is perfect.

She looks awful, that dress is hideous and those buttons look super tacky. That "hat" just doesn't suit her and we yet again have a flying skirt.

Bad start for me.
I have to disagree with you, in part. The dress and coat were absolutely stunning and their length proof positive that she does not look dowdy having lowering her skirt length. Quite the reverse, instead of looking coltish and gangly, she looks long limbed and elegant. However, (isn't their always one of those) her hairdresser should have talked her into a fabulous updo on which to perch that pillbox. Instead, the hat looked a bit over large and her hair, parted in the middle with the first inch and secured at the back and the hair behind it being teased out by the wind as the hat was secured further back on her head.

Now the stage is set for Catherine's besetting problem . . . not enough hands. One is trying to secure her hair which is wildly flying around whilst simultaneously trying to keep her skirts down while her other hand is wrapped around a small child looking very like he was about to make a break for it. Now that was scarey watching them come down the stairs from the aircraft. It even diverted my attention to her fantastic court shoes.

Hmm. Great total outfit, but let down by Catherine's continued hair-in-everyone's-face fettish. She could have really rocked that ensemble with an appropriate updo and well-placed pillbox atop an elegant coat and dress with her fantastic court shoes. If William had carried George down the stairs he could have then handed him off to her at the bottom of the stairs stairs.

Instead, we had her doing the many handed hair-knee flap while trying to keep a steady hold an incredibly alert George and a husband whose attention was split between her, George and the official party at the bottom of the stairs.

All for want of a hair pin (or two)>

You can't do wrong with a Jackie O look.
Safe choice ....

well I don't like the hat...has for the outfit choice it does suit her very well but I do prefer something more modern and less classic...those bottons in the coat are not modern anymore... a bit too olde fashion to me...she needs to modernize...:flowers:

LOVE the color, the style and about everything about the whole look (except for the skirt flying) beautiful look!

George definately has the look of William about him.

LaRae

I think Catherine looked lovely, that shade of red looks great on her. The hat is not to my taste but it looks good with the coat. And she's also bought an adorable little accessory with her! :) (Prince George.) My only complaint would be that the amount of buttons is a bit much.

Love the red colour on Kate - Catherine Walker designs are always classy.. I wonder was the red dress under the same red CW dress from the Canada trip? It would been very easy to get a new coat made for this trip as the material and shape seem very similar.

Dislike the pillbox hat its too big - im not a pillbox fan in fairness.

Always suspected we would see the fern brooch on this trip - it looks great as always

She looks like an air hostess. It's not a bad look in the sense that Kate herself looks like she enjoys wearing it, but not my cup of tea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom