The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 11: July 2013 - November 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ankle boots? They're very popular in the UK, especially the chelsea boot. Very in fashion at the moment.
Yes I agree, they're still very much in (which I am pleased about as I can wear mine for another year without feeling I'm part of yesterday:D

I'm not overly keen on the coat's colour, but it seems to suit Catherine and she looks good. The pattern is cute; if you zoom in you can see lots of little birds.

Ankle boots? They're very popular in the UK, especially the chelsea boot. Very in fashion at the moment.
They're glorified riding boots. I've been in fashion for atleast 10 years. :bb:

The dress is extremely boring. She should dress more in pants. They usually look great on her.

They're glorified riding boots. I've been in fashion for atleast 10 years. :bb:

The dress is extremely boring. She should dress more in pants. They usually look great on her.

I think out of jeans, she NEVER dress in pants.

She looks okay. However, I Hate those ankle boots on anyone! Very unflattering, IMHO.

That coat dress looks like something I would have worn in junior high. Her dark roots and grays are not too attractive, she should get a cut and a new style if she's off dying her hair.

If she's going to continue wearing those shooties, a good brush to them would do a world of good. They're looking pretty scuffed and worn these days.

Last edited:
She should put that far back in the closet- Not awful, but hurts the eyes.

I actually really liked this coat. It would've helped if she wore a statement necklace or a scarf or a something. And the shoes are all wrong.

Not a bad look, but not my favorite either.

That coat dress looks like something I would have worn in junior high. Her dark roots and grays are not too attractive, she should get a cut and a new style if she's off dying her hair.

Unless she shaves her head, I cannot see how would any type of cut or different style help her roots and grey not to be visible, assuming she is still off colouring her hair for a moment.

Can anyone explain to me, seriously, why on this forum ANY hair longer than shoulder length is always seen as unattractive? What is wrong with clean, healthy, styled (and Kate's hair is styled, so is other princesses, always nice, fresh, clean and styled, no matter how long it is) and nice looking long hair?

Seriously nobody likes long hair anymore?

Any time there is any princess with hair slightly longer than her shoulder, there are voices saying "she needs a cut", "her hair is too long", "it's time to cut her hair"... etc. I think the only exception is Victoria, but it's probably because she never wears her hair open.

I actually really liked this coat. It would've helped if she wore a statement necklace or a scarf or a something. And the shoes are all wrong.

I was starting to feel all alone...thank you!:lol: I love the coat and matching opaques. The boots needed serious sprucing up, otherwise I loved her outfit!

She has the most gorgeous legs and the advantage of wearing ankle boots are that it displays them. The downside is the fact that the boots look really worn.:sad:

Last edited:
I'm going to seem like I'm coming from far far away out in left field but the reason I like seeing a woman in comfortable older and maybe a bit scuffed up boots gives me the impression that this is a woman that knows what she likes and feels comfortable wearing them. This is a woman that isn't dependent on her clothing or accessories to define who she is. This a woman a bit like her grandmother-in-law that knows what she likes and sticks with it. If they say that clothes make the person, then to me its logical that those that wear trusty outfits and boots/shoes that have served them well will also have that personality trait in their character.

As far as shoes and boots go, she fits right into the House of Windsor. This a woman a bit like her grandmother-in-law that knows what she likes and sticks with it. Her father in law has a pair of trusty old shoes he's worn for over 40 years now. :D

One's antique clothes show: How Prince Charles has always been king of wardrobe recycling | Mail Online

Unless she shaves her head, I cannot see how would any type of cut or different style help her roots and grey not to be visible, assuming she is still off colouring her hair for a moment.

Can anyone explain to me, seriously, why on this forum ANY hair longer than shoulder length is always seen as unattractive? What is wrong with clean, healthy, styled (and Kate's hair is styled, so is other princesses, always nice, fresh, clean and styled, no matter how long it is) and nice looking long hair?

Seriously nobody likes long hair anymore?

Any time there is any princess with hair slightly longer than her shoulder, there are voices saying "she needs a cut", "her hair is too long", "it's time to cut her hair"... etc. I think the only exception is Victoria, but it's probably because she never wears her hair open.

I also don't have a problem with the long hair. I think it's something she will likely hold on to until she is comfortable in her role. I would love to see her with her hair up more just as I would like Victoria to have hers down more.

A cut is a drastic change especially for someone who we have never seen with her hair cut above shoulder length.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom