The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 11: July 2013 - November 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the wedges.
IMO she looks more elegant in this height of shoes than in the towering platforms she wore before, because she's so tall.

Also love the Zara blouse.

Good for her, venturing out in public and looking so healthy and casual. But the outfit is kind of a mess. Nothing matches and the wedges don't look good with the jeans.

Good for her, venturing out in public and looking so healthy and casual. But the outfit is kind of a mess. Nothing matches and the wedges don't look good with the jeans.

Although she can't help looking lovely in anything she wears, I agree that this outfit was kind of disorganized. At first I thought, well, she looks like many a young military wife, and is therefore appropriately attired for the occasion.

Then it occurred to me that not only is she likely unable to fit into some of her pre-pregnancy clothing, her wardrobe is probably scattered among many locations- Nott Cott, Bucklebury, maybe Clarence House, maybe the new KP apartment, and Anglesey as well. Those of us who have had babies can relate how difficult it is to be appropriately attired in the first few months post-pregnancy, and her problem is multiplied by the number of places she's been living the last few months.

We're all looking forward to her polished outfits in her next public appearances.

September 9 or 10, 2013 - Kate in skinny jeans, white t-shirt and recycling the Ralph Lauren jacket. Simple, casual and comfy outfit.

Full view ** T-shirt

I love that jacket and those shoes. They look so comfy! Are the pictures from the same day? In the image of Catherine with the nanny she has her (huge) engagement ring on and in the image of her alone she does not.

I love that jacket and those shoes. They look so comfy! Are the pictures from the same day? In the image of Catherine with the nanny she has her (huge) engagement ring on and in the image of her alone she does not.

I think she has it turned around in the photo of her alone. I can make out a shiny band and her hand is somewhat clenched. Maybe she does that so it doesn't attract attention? Maybe it's just her gold wedding band and she left the engagement ring in the car? Probably the same day. Surprised we can't see a protection office nearby but he/she could be just out of view.

As usual, Catherine looks great. I really like the shoes, and the jacket adds a touch of elegance to the whole look.

I keep loving this jacket :)
Once again, she looks good with casual clothes

September 9 or 10, 2013 - Kate in skinny jeans, white t-shirt and recycling the Ralph Lauren jacket. Simple, casual and comfy outfit.

Full view ** T-shirt

Very nice, casual look. Catherine always looks great in casual clothes. Love the green jacket.

I don't get the surprise. Imitation copies of every outfit Catherine has worn have popped up. I have an imitation Issa engagement dress.

Not liking this outfit at all. Of course the stuff fits perfectly after birth but I hate those skinny jeans, how you can a sports event with a shirt lifting up exposing the belly when taking part in activities and high heel wedges is beyond me. Very unflattering outfit.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/10/18/article-2465723-18D2412700000578-57_306x839.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/10/18/article-2465723-18D1F93400000578-483_634x908.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/10/18/article-2465723-18D23D8500000578-121_634x350.jpg

She raided the closet and for an event like this, I think that's great.

Spiking in those heels cracked me up, as did setting in the tightly fitted arms of the blazer. The Duchess is so very competitive.

Are those new diamond stud earrings, or something else? Anyway, they were LARGE. :)

It's just good to see her out and about.

I think the outfit is okay for the shops or coffee but for this event a longer top lower wedges .. what's great about it ??? she raided her closet not sure why that is a plus .. I think the earrings are topaz and are Kiki's as far as I can see and not new would I be right in saying that??
Anyway the blazer is nice but all in all bad choice for this sporty event IMO

She looked very very good and I would have loved this outfit it was for another ocasion. But for this sporty event, it didn't make sense. The jeans are a bit too tight, the blazer is beautiful but doesn't look pratical and those wedges... I'm not sure if I admire her ability to jump with them or if I think she's completely irresponsible for risking to hurt her ankles.

I really don't criticize Catherine on her clothes choices as I think she is usually on the mark or just slightly off. I am tired of the skinny jeans. I think they are ugly and look horrible - on anyone not just Catherine. I don't find skinny jeans to be appropriate for the work place, yes, yes, I am old school and don't where jeans to work. I might find it more acceptable to wear jeans, but not skinny jeans - too little left to the imagination.

I actually think the outfit is really cute and think it looks fine/appropriate for a sporty event. The only think I don't like are the wedges. I'm just not a big fan wedge shoes.

The outfit is nice and approriate though. Skinny jeans are barely any different from a slim cut jeans. They look well fitted, the wash is really great and it looks like she feels great in them.

Appropriate for the event and (more importantly) the audience of young sporty people. I thought she fitted in really well.

That said, I would have preferred trainers to wedges (not keen on wedges personally but trainers more suitable).

Re earrings, Kiki McDonald "Grace" earrings. White topaz surrounded by tiny diamonds. She's had them for a number of years. Nice!

I think Catherine looked great, and the outfit is appropriate for a little physical activity. I work with kids, and trust me, skinny jeans are the best thing (though if I were allowed to come to work in yoga pants, I would, because that would be even better for chasing a bunch of kids under five). I think a slightly longer top, and a pair of flat loafers/trainers would have been a bit better, but hey, if she's able to run and jump in those wedges, more power to her. Love the earrings too.

Very few can carry off such an unforgiving pair of jeans so I can't blame her for making the most of her long legs and it's also fine for this kind of engagement, but nothing particularly noteworthy other than the rather nice blazer IMO.

I love skinny jeans I wear them all the time, I like the outfit very casual, she still mantains her look pre wedding and to me that is a very positive thing, that is a look that we could see her when she was single. As far as the shoes I think they are a bit too high but they suit the rest...I like it!:)

I think it's a nice outfit to go for a coffee or shopping with your friends, but to wear those kinds of heels to a sport event is completely ridiculous. Also the pants are way too tight.

I'm not a huge fan of skinny jeans (on Catherine or anyone else), but they would have been okay if she'd have worn a longer top or jacket and some trainers. Flashing skin while playing volleyball is not a good thing, even when your stomach is that flat. I will say this, for someone that just gave birth 3 months ago, she looks fabulous. I admire her determination and dedication to get back in shape, bravo Kate.

if anyone can wear skinny jeans, it is her - but still I don't like them. I'm also the oldfashion kind, and think she would look better in 'normal' cut ones.

Last edited:
Appropriate for the event and (more importantly) the audience of young sporty people. I thought she fitted in really well.

That said, I would have preferred trainers to wedges (not keen on wedges personally but trainers more suitable).

Re earrings, Kiki McDonald "Grace" earrings. White topaz surrounded by tiny diamonds. She's had them for a number of years. Nice!

Classic Kate colors and clothing choices for her sport events. Though I agree she'd likely be more comfortable in athletic shoes.

I'm with those who think she missed the mark today. I feel that she should have dressed down in a track suit to really participate or dressed the role of "royal patron" which, to me, means at least a smart pantsuit or day dress. I've seen some posts on Twitter to the effect of "why is it all about her toned tummy?" Well, it's because she flashed her toned tummy which most (all) other royals don't really do. So I'm afraid she invited those observations with a poor wardrobe choice. (And, yes, she can wear skinny jeans well but that doesn't mean she should.) :ermm:

The Duchess of Cambridge at a Sportaid Athlete Workshop at Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in London today, October 18, 2013.

** Full view ** Side view ** Upper part ** Close up **

Catherine looked nice today, the colour combination suits her. She looks great for someone who only gave birth 3 months ago! The only thing I'm not so keen on are her wedges.

However the outfit does remind me of something you would wear to the beach/casually on holiday/an outing with friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom