The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 11: July 2013 - November 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Welcome to
The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 11
The previous can be found here

Here are some important
TRF Community Rules
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!:flowers:

Royal House of Fashion Moderators

Last edited by a moderator:

The Duchess of Cambridge leaving hospital with her newborn son today, July 23, wearing a lovely polka dot Jenny Packham dress in light blue - a nice choice:

** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **

It hasn't passed unnoticed that the late Princess of Wales wore a polka dot dress dress when leaving the Lindo wing with the infant Prince William in 1982.

I love that dress - great cut, color (coordinated with William!), and I always love polka dots. I was expecting her to wear something a bit more formal or structured or something, but it's a lovely summer dress (and very much something like I would wear).

Catherine looks lovely. I love the dress. It suits her. It looks to be very light and comfortable, just what she needs at this point.

Love the dress! Great color and style. She looks radiant!

The dress is lovely and looks comfortable! My favorite thing about Catherine's style (which is probably what other people don't like about it) is that she wears things I could see myself wearing.

The dress is lovely and looks comfortable! My favorite thing about Catherine's style (which is probably what other people don't like about it) is that she wears things I could see myself wearing.

I like that about her style as well; it's very approachable, and in some cases, affordable. I know that personally, I won't be able to afford a lot of what's in her wardrobe (nor would it look good on me), but I've found pieces that were very similar to what she wore in my price range (and it actually didn't look horrid on my either, which is always a plus).

iceflower said:

The Duchess of Cambridge leaving hospital with her newborn son today, July 23, wearing a lovely polka dot Jenny Packham dress in light blue - a nice choice:

** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **

Catherine looks great! I really like her dress, the colour is very nice. I like her shoes as well.

Kate looks fantastic! Congrats to her and William again!

Really liked her outfit. I thought she looked beautiful today.

Nice choice of dress and color! I am so happy for them :flowers: they make a beautiful family . . . GB

She's got the new mommy glow about her and that's what so lovely!:flowers::)

Exactly. I saw a couple of other posters remark on her baby tummy still being there but I think that is beautiful on new mothers! It's kind of disturbing somehow when I see women who have just gone through 9 most of pregnancy wearing tight jeans after giving birth.

That rounded belly is a badge of honor, imo. It should be worn proudly! :p

Exactly. I saw a couple of other posters remark on her baby tummy still being there but I think that is beautiful on new mothers! It's kind of disturbing somehow when I see women who have just gone through 9 most of pregnancy wearing tight jeans after giving birth.

That rounded belly is a badge of honor, imo. It should be worn proudly! :p
I think her baby tammy makes her to look human, like the rest of everywoman who gives birth, we know for sure she didn't have a tummy tack! , she will loose it with excersie for sure! but I thought it was great that she didn't try to cover! she looks gorgeous! love it!

One rarely sees tight jeans just 24 hours after giving birth. The uterus still weighs about five pounds and is a big muscle at that point. Kate looks fabulous and indeed, should show the world what a new mom looks like. I loved the mod to Diana, with the polka dots. Kate is bringing things together for the family and it's so clear that they really adore each other.

The style of the dress is perfect for a women who has just given birth but it somehow reminds me of a hospital gown with polka dots and it also reminds me of Diana's dress while leaving hospital (the polka dots). I would've preferred it if it was a solid color instead.

Kate looked very good-- a perfect choice for her to wear. Am I the only one that thinks it is in bad taste to be discussing her figure within 24 hours of her giving birth? ( I don't mean the posts here, but the ones elsewhere that refer to the size of her tummy.)

Last edited:
No, I don't think it's bad taste to discuss the truth of her figure. It is what it is.

The style of the dress is perfect for a women who has just given birth but it somehow reminds me of a hospital gown with polka dots and it also reminds me of Diana's dress while leaving hospital (the polka dots). I would've preferred it if it was a solid color instead.

Agree completely. I thought of all available designs or prints etc she's coming up with polka dots :innocent: The dress itself is nice & Kate looks good. In terms of hair, it looks nice, nothing special, but I can't figure out why the hairdresser had to come to the hospital for this result.

I'm not trying to offend anyone but I'm beginning to think that comparing everything Kate wears or does to what Diana wore or did it starting to become a bit obsessive.. We know that giving Kate his mother's engagement ring was to honor his mother but IMO the dress she wore out of the hospital looked nothing like the dress Diana wore. Kate's is sleeveless, had a belt, is blue with a rounded neckline. Diana's had sleeves, no belt, in green with a deep v neckline with white collar. Kate's dress style was very similar to others she wore during the pregnancy. Are we going to get this type of comparison every time she wears a dress the same color as one Diana once wore? It just seems like everyone is trying to make Kate into Diana.

I'm not trying to offend anyone but I'm beginning to think that comparing everything Kate wears or does to what Diana wore or did it starting to become a bit obsessive.. We know that giving Kate his mother's engagement ring was to honor his mother but IMO the dress she wore out of the hospital looked nothing like the dress Diana wore. Kate's is sleeveless, had a belt, is blue with a rounded neckline. Diana's had sleeves, no belt, in green with a deep v neckline with white collar. Kate's dress style was very similar to others she wore during the pregnancy. Are we going to get this type of comparison every time she wears a dress the same color as one Diana once wore? It just seems like everyone is trying to make Kate into Diana.

Totally agree. Kate is a person in her own right. She needs to be allowed time to develop her confidence in her role as a parent without every move being compared to what Diana did.

Definitely agree. I don't see any similarities with Diana's dress. In fact, Kate's dress looks exactly like the black and white polka dot one she wore to Warner Brothers Studios back in April.

Starting to? The style comparisons have been happening since well before William and Kate were even married. But I think some people interpret the comparisons differently - I think they're often harmless, as in this case, where I think some people went "oh, look, Kate's wearing a polka-dotted dress to bring her son home, and Diana did too, what a sweet coincidence". Certainly, the dresses bear no other similarities (and thank goodness for that - '80's maternity fashions were horrendous!)

Starting to? The style comparisons have been happening since well before William and Kate were even married. But I think some people interpret the comparisons differently - I think they're often harmless, as in this case, where I think some people went "oh, look, Kate's wearing a polka-dotted dress to bring her son home, and Diana did too, what a sweet coincidence". Certainly, the dresses bear no other similarities (and thank goodness for that - '80's maternity fashions were horrendous!)

It's laughable. Last night, CNN actually showed side by sides of Catherine and Di both wearing a bold pink, long dress, but in styles 2.5 decades apart. Well, duh. If you have to wear enough long dresses in various seasons of the year, sooner or later you will probably wear bold pink. It's silly. We need to quit encouraging it.

I think polka dots are fun and photograph well. Big deal.

It's laughable. Last night, CNN actually showed side by sides of Catherine and Di both wearing a bold pink, long dress, but in styles 2.5 decades apart. Well, duh. If you have to wear enough long dresses in various seasons of the year, sooner or later you will probably wear bold pink. It's silly. We need to quit encouraging it.

I think polka dots are fun and photograph well. Big deal.

Yes, I saw that on CNN last - quite funny, as the dresses were very different, just the same color. Silly indeed.

Personally, I definitely think there are times when the comparisons were ridiculous and overdone, but there are other times when they're harmless and I think people overreact a bit (but I realize Diana rouses strong emotions one way or the other in a lot of people).

I will say, CNN was also airing side-by-side video of Charles and William comparing how each of them dressed/behaved when departing the hospital with their sons (much focus on William not being a suit, and being more relaxed, etc.) A new baby will inevitably bring about comparisons with previous generations.

One rarely sees tight jeans just 24 hours after giving birth. The uterus still weighs about five pounds and is a big muscle at that point. Kate looks fabulous and indeed, should show the world what a new mom looks like. I loved the mod to Diana, with the polka dots. Kate is bringing things together for the family and it's so clear that they really adore each other.

Princess Marie of Denmark left the hospital with baby Athena wearing very snug jeans. It made the front page of the Daily Mail and was the talk of the message boards. I have to admit she looked amazing. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom