The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 11: July 2013 - November 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty summery I just love that colour blue it is really flattering on anyone ... and re her fundus it will drop 3 days max and all will be well but yes it is what it is ... but the dress is stunning.

I have a question about the term 'bespoke' being used in regards to the dress. One of the media said yesterday it was a Jenny Packham bespoke dress....I thought bespoke meant it was spoken for on behalf of X person...but then they said they were selling out on the shelf. So I must not understand the word bespoke?

LaRae

I have a question about the term 'bespoke' being used in regards to the dress. One of the media said yesterday it was a Jenny Packham bespoke dress....I thought bespoke meant it was spoken for on behalf of X person...but then they said they were selling out on the shelf. So I must not understand the word bespoke?

LaRae

Bespoke is a British term meaning custom made/made to specifications of the customer/Haute Couture

LaRae

It can mean a couple of things.
1. The "bespoke" label was wrong in the news.
2. The dress Catherine wore was based on the shelf dress, but made specially for her. This happens often when a waist is raised or lowered, long is made short or vice versa, sleeves are changed, etc.
3. The fabric is chosen form the line and a bespoke dress is made from it.
4. The dress style is chosen from the line and a the fabric is the bespoke part.

Hope that helps.

I'm not trying to offend anyone but I'm beginning to think that comparing everything Kate wears or does to what Diana wore or did it starting to become a bit obsessive.. We know that giving Kate his mother's engagement ring was to honor his mother but IMO the dress she wore out of the hospital looked nothing like the dress Diana wore. Kate's is sleeveless, had a belt, is blue with a rounded neckline. Diana's had sleeves, no belt, in green with a deep v neckline with white collar. Kate's dress style was very similar to others she wore during the pregnancy. Are we going to get this type of comparison every time she wears a dress the same color as one Diana once wore? It just seems like everyone is trying to make Kate into Diana.

Completely agree. It gets ridiculous.

LaRae

It might also be bespoke because Jenny Packham does not (currently) have a maternity line so bespoke could indicate the adjustment of a standard dress.

Ah I get it now thanks!

LaRae

It can mean a couple of things.
1. The "bespoke" label was wrong in the news.
2. The dress Catherine wore was based on the shelf dress, but made specially for her. This happens often when a waist is raised or lowered, long is made short or vice versa, sleeves are changed, etc.
3. The fabric is chosen form the line and a bespoke dress is made from it.
4. The dress style is chosen from the line and a the fabric is the bespoke part.

Hope that helps.

Thank you! I have been wondering about that word for quite some time.

It might also be bespoke because Jenny Packham does not (currently) have a maternity line so bespoke could indicate the adjustment of a standard dress.

It looks as if this could be the same pattern of dress that Jenny Packham created for her for the Coronation celebration service.

No, I don't think it's bad taste to discuss the truth of her figure. It is what it is.

That's an interesting statement. How come then it was always in a bad taste to discuss the truth of Charlene's figure (i.e. broad shoulders - after all, as you said, it is what it is)? Any time anyone would mention it, it was always "in a bad taste". Different standards for different Princesses?

I hate that Kate can do nothing without Diana being brought up for no freakin reason! Makes me wish William never fell in love or got married.

I hate that Kate can do nothing without Diana being brought up for no freakin reason! Makes me wish William never fell in love or got married.

That's a bit harsh. A life of lonely solitude for William so the rest of us can avoid fluff media pieces that are silly but harmless?

I doubt neither the Duke of Duchess of Cambridge give a hoot. Perhaps you should let it go too.

Perhaps u and others should let Diana go and stop bringing her up every time Kate does something. Kate wears blue just like Diana, Kate had hair, Diana had hair to, Kate had a baby lets compare her to Diana who had a baby to. I don't know why people refuse to let Kate be Kate.

Some of the nasty comments I've been forced to see thanks to them being quoted, actually the majority of them, are coming from people I have on ignore for this very reason. Guys, consider the source and either report em or put em on ignore, but don't fall for the bait because you are giving them exactly what they want. Attention.

Okay. Enough time wasted on them.

I thought Kate looked amazing and loved the dress. It really was perfect, looked comfy and just lovely. The fact she was just glowing didn't hurt either.

Catherine's dress was very nice, but Carole's was ABSOLUTELY LOVELY. I want that dress. And I want it now. Please. And Carole's figure would be great, too. :)

Further off topic posts will be deleted without notice. Please get back on topic and discuss
The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion​

Didn't love either Carole or Kate's dress. But I haven't worn polka dots since I was 7 and outgrew my favorite dress. I mostly liked seeing Kate's belly, as others have said, that is what a post pregnancy body looks like. I wonder if Kate will inspire Hollywood mothers to stop faking the funk.

Didn't love either Carole or Kate's dress. But I haven't worn polka dots since I was 7 and outgrew my favorite dress. I mostly liked seeing Kate's belly, as others have said, that is what a post pregnancy body looks like. I wonder if Kate will inspire Hollywood mothers to stop faking the funk.

I really doubt it. Hollywood is the land of smoke and mirrors and illusions and panders to what the world wants to see. Heads of State and Royal Families are more reality than anything produced on television could ever hope to be.

I loved Kate's dress as it looked cool and comfortable and most likely very easy to get into and out of. She looked exactly who she was. A royal duchess that had just given birth yet took the time and energy to look her best in order to present her newborn son to the awaiting world. Can't find any fault in that.

Well out, Osipi. Which is one of the reasons I pretty much completely avoid Hollywood, and read/follow Royals instead.

Princess Marie of Denmark left the hospital with baby Athena wearing very snug jeans. It made the front page of the Daily Mail and was the talk of the message boards. I have to admit she looked amazing. :p

How many hours past birth? Just curious. Each day makes a big difference in the shrinking of the uterus. A one day post-partum stay is not for everyone.

Also, if an item (like snug jeans) is used, it has a girtle-effect (which some women would definitely attempt), that makes a difference. The uterus is a thick flabby muscle at that point and can be pushed in. Kate obviously wanted to wear a dress and be comfortable. Next time we see her, I'm sure she could be back in skinny jeans if she wished.

Princess Marie of Denmark left the hospital with baby Athena wearing very snug jeans. It made the front page of the Daily Mail and was the talk of the message boards. I have to admit she looked amazing. :p

I have never seen a picture of this! Bet she did look amazing as she and the duchess always do.

MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH

Here's another pretty dress for Catherine.

BTW, I'm impressed that she was able to wear her rings. Some women have to take them off toward the end of pregnancy and can't put them back on until some time afterwards. Isn't it amazing what women go through to have babies?

Last edited:
MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH

BTW, I'm impressed that she was able to wear her rings. Some women have to take them off toward the end of pregnancy and can't put them back on until some time afterwards. Isn't it amazing what women go through to have babies?

Mom said the same thing. She told me w/both my Sister and I, she had to take them off. What our bodies go through w/certain medical conditions is amazing,huh?

I'll have check the pattern books next time I get a chance, as what HRH wore Tuesday not only flattered her and looked lovely, it would flatter me really well too. Mom mentioned that too when I showed her the footage of first presenting and then leaving w/Prince George on Tuesday. I'll say it again...Thank Goodness we have someone w/influence setting the style trends in the elegant, tasteful way of things once more!!

How many hours past birth? Just curious. Each day makes a big difference in the shrinking of the uterus. A one day post-partum stay is not for everyone.

Also, if an item (like snug jeans) is used, it has a girtle-effect (which some women would definitely attempt), that makes a difference. The uterus is a thick flabby muscle at that point and can be pushed in. Kate obviously wanted to wear a dress and be comfortable. Next time we see her, I'm sure she could be back in skinny jeans if she wished.

She left the hospital 3-4 days after Athena birth

The Duchess looked fantastic in her dress. Her figure is what it is.

MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH

That is a gorgeous dress. Love the color and print.

Oh dear, she's only been a mother for two weeks, we've not seen her since she left Kensington Palace for her parent's place and we haven't a clue what she has been wearing since the birth of Prince George, so it kind of falls flat! Maybe "Best Dressed Mother To Be 2013" would have been better!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom