The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 10: September 2012 - December 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Welcome to
The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 10
The previous can be found here

Here are some important
TRF Community Rules
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!:flowers:

Royal House of Fashion Moderators

September 11, 2012 - Kate is wearing a kimono-style pink dress with an orchid pattern by Jenny Packham.

Im not crazy about the dress but the cut seems to be quite nice. The print and color works for the visit IMO.

Full view ** Close up 1 ** Close up 2

Nice. Not one of her best, but fresh and sweet. I think is also a kind of compliment to Far East.

Looks like something Sophie could pull off, I get the point but again Catherine is dressing old.

It is a lovely dress but the delicate colour and pattern isn't quite working for her in the photographs I have seen so far. I do like the kimono style however and I'm sure the dress will be appreciated by her hosts.

i like the dress but i think it should have been in a diffent colour like an amethyst to bring out the flowers and also to go with her hair

It's not a favourite of mine, but it's not horrible. It's alright.
I love her hair, it curls very beautifully.

She looks lovely , Nice simple Dress , her hair style cute .

I don't like the dress, not modern...but it suits the ocassion! Her face seams fuller...

Don't love it, don't hate it. It's very appropriate given the location and the fact that they were there to see an orchid named after Diana. The hair's the star IMO, from the side it's even more beautiful than usual.

Not one of my favourite looks on Kate - the idea of the orchid print is lovely and a nice touch but it is the rest of the dress that fails for me. It looks heavy in a way and im not keen on the shape of it on Kate

The kimono style, the color and cut are great. However, I would have absolutely would have loved the look if it did not have the floral print. I don't think the floral print was necessary. Love the hair and the shoes. She looks beautiful.

Last edited:
September 11, 2012 -

After flying so many hours, she looks tired, but elegant and the colours of the dress could not have been chosen better to freshen up her complexion.
The cut of the dress is beautiful but can only fit thin or not too curvy tall women like the duchess. The dress was picked to please her guests and I am sure it did. I think the way she dresses is thought fistly minding her position of a royal representing the UK, secondly to compliment the guests / occasion and thirdly what looks good on her. This balance is not easy and has been accomplished so far. you have to be very unselfish to not to pick up clothes that would only enhance your beauty.

Looks like the entire bodice is padded.

Good for her if it was :ermm:

(Are comments on female body necessary?)

Last edited:
I like the dress, it's a nod to the host country without being over the top.

(Also it's not so extreme that she can't wear it again).

I think she looked very beautiful.

She looks very very inflated, and the dress doesnt help at all...maybe it was because of the flight hours...she doesn't look her best!

I do believe the flight must have been very rough. I love the dress I think it is wonderful when she wears something to pay respect to the country she is visiting. I think it went great with the flowers all around her.

The purple and white dress she wore for the 2nd event I loved and thought hey that is something I would wear....bet I couldn't afford it though LOL.

2 hits so far! I bet they just want to sleep some and I hope they get a break today to rest up!

I loved both dresses.

If you look at the cutting and placement of flowers on the Packham dress, it is AMAZING. I am not a fan or prints, and yes I find them a bit stodgy, but done tastefully, they can be very impressive. The eastern styling of the style was beautiful. Was the dress a bit dull - yes, pink embroidered flowers rarely shock people. But it was LOVELY and totally appropriate. Sometime I think people won't be happy until Kate pops out of a plane in a bustier so that we can all be horrified. In a nod to her youth and figure - check out this photo which shows off both. http://whatkatewore.com/wp-content/...re-Arrival-Splash-555-x-700-Sept-11-20122.jpg

But if we found the first dress a bit wanting, that Prabul Garung frock was a complete wow. The color, cut and use of print were spectacular. Young and fresh while completely appropriate.

And hair wise, because we are all watching, not a bit of frizz to be seen. :)

I think people won't be happy until Kate pops out of a plane in a bustier so that we can all be horrified. :)

Well well said!!!

I think people wants Kate to appear like a 2nd class Hollywood starlette!!

I love, love, love the first dress. Absolutely beautiful.

I liked the second dress, but IMHO, anything she wore after that first dress was going to pale in comparison. She hit it out of the park with the first dress. Wish I had the figure to wear either / both dresses.

I think she looked really sweet in that pale pink dress and her hair is gorgeous :flowers:

Lovely look, very appropriate for representing her country. She must have been exhausted but still able to smile! :)

dazzling said:
September 11, 2012 - Kate is wearing a kimono-style pink dress with an orchid pattern by Jenny Packham.

Im not crazy about the dress but the cut seems to be quite nice. The print and color works for the visit IMO.

I don't like at all actually. Although the color and print are really nice. Is it costum made?

Thanks for the pic of the back of the dress it is even prettier with the more color on the back. Beautiful dress!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom